Event Info Click Here

Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues prior
8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Hurricane Gustine is GOING TO COMANCHE to my daughters work today.  (Read 7624 times)

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Hurricane Gustine is GOING TO COMANCHE to my daughters work today.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »
Go Laura!  I can't wait to here what happened!!!  This should be goooooooooood!!!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »
I talked to Laura too.............I told her before the night was over she would be co owner of DQ...................... :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Bobby L. Barter

• Booger Eater
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Me and My Boys
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »
UPDATE!! the manager of dairy queen has 2 weeks to fine a new job
The manager has been hired as head of the Public Relations for the WBR. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: Then what are you going to do Booby?  <()>

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
:ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: Then what are you going to do Booby?  <()>

He bought a franchise of "Laura's Ladders".....
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »
Way to go Laura................that's the way parents should help their children.  You get an A+ for your child rearing skills. :)/\

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »
UPDATE!! the manager of dairy queen has 2 weeks to fine a new job
The manager has been hired as head of the Public Relations for the WBR. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

>THUD<
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2008, 07:26:09 PM »
Well I am finally back home.....1st I was supposed to meet her at 2pm.....when I showed up, she had JUST left....awwww.....well, this kid that works there and likes Cait came running out to my car (after a few go to he double LL's from the assistant manager...) and told me slyly..."hey come back here at 3....she has to meet the meat supplier" and then she ran back in before she got in trouble.   So I meandered around
Comanche with nothing to do for an hour when finally the man that owned the establishment finally called me back and said to meet him up there at 5pm......I went up a little after 3ish and proceeded to let her know that what I thought about her calling my child at the school, and leaving nasty messages on her cell phone, and what I thought about her management skills.  I told her that she was only as good as the people around her and if her employees hated her then she wasn't doing her job correctly and the productivity of whatever she was trying to
accomplish was going to be horrible as well.  I told her as a "MANAGER" i'm sure that she realized that of course.  And no matter what the job was there....flipping burgers or toasting buns....the bottom line was she was just another employee of that place---maybe with a fancier t-shirt and a better visor cap....manager of the local DQ was certainly big-time CEO celebrity status with big time pay I was sure, but still no excuse to treat my child in that manner.  I told her if she would like to pick on someone...I would loved to be that someone but that I would probably have to step out across the street and find someone of her intellect because I was certain she didn't understand one darn word I was saying..... :cheeze:  Believe me she got the message...LOUD AND CLEAR.
Then I left and went to Sonic of all dang places (hahahahaha) to sit and wait for a while and left there alittle before 5.  Pulled up next to a
vette with a man in it, who introduced himself (he saw me with Cait's clothes, visor and binder on DQ info) and asked if I'd like to sit outside or go inside and chat.  I said (being very charming and putting on my best smile :cheeze:) that sitting in that beautiful car would be just fine.
I told him all the stuff that went on....some that I don't know that I even told ya'll like the assistant manager kept calling her "hey new girl" after knowing her name, and when things went alittle out of hand and they got behind one day she told everyone (in front of me not knowing I was mom) "well we all know why we are running behind" and pointed at Cait.  I told him about Little Miss Butt Scratcher and me throwing my
burger away....took a whole 10 minutes and he got out & went in and came back and said..."its taken care of"  Gave her 2 wks to find another job and told me that he was dismissing her on the grounds that as a salaried employee it was her responsibility to cover any shift for any employee that could not work and that she should not have been calling Caitlyn on her day off threatning her to fire her.....she should have covered the shift.  And since that was her first mistake long before the phone call that she made to me on accident, that it would be the grounds for her dismissal.....

MY WORK IS DONE..... :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2008, 07:48:10 PM »
And the crowd roars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yea, Miss Laura!

Reminder to self - do not eat at the Gustine DQ for the  next 2 weeks!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2008, 07:53:45 PM »
I would have loved to been a fly on the wall for all of that!!!!  I can't understand why he is waiting 2 weeks to let her go.  Texas is an "at-will" state.  She should have been let go on the spot.  Hopefully you at least made that place a little better for the rest of the people working there.

I think I'd have to make a trip by there in about 3 weeks and see if Ms. Manager was still there!!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 07:56:13 PM »
Well I would hope that the owner would do something, like repremand the manager.  If the manager was going to have such a hard time coming up with a schedule to work around her school schedule, then why the heck even hire her???  She knew darn well she is a Sr. and that school is a priority, I mean, Hello!!!! She needs to graduate this year, duh!  And calling her at 2 pm expecting her to work!?!?!?  That is just crazy!  (XXX)  I can't believe that she called her a brat.  Man Laura, I wish you could have recorded that conversation.  You know what this reminds me of, Goldie Hawn in Overboard where she goes up to the school when the teacher thinks that the children are pretending to be sick, when they are actually covered in poison oak from head to toe.  I hope Laura lays into them the same way!!

thanks guys for your support on this!  I probably got madder than someone should have but by gosh no one....no one picks on any of my 12 kids, right?

And the funny thing is that the movie "Overboard" came to mind as I was sitting in the truck, I was thinking of that very scene where Goldie Hawn says...they might be brats...but they are my brats! lol

I told that lady that she might be a brat but until she paid her bills, bought her car, and sent her thru college....I was the only person who received priviledges to call her a brat.  That I was an adult and as an adult, I would never put up with the butt chewing that was dished out to that 17 yr old CHILD.
She said, "well she's hardly a child wouldn't you think by now" and I said, "She is MY CHILD whether she is 17 or 45...and will be MY CHILD until the day I am no longer able to say she is....until then you'd better watch who you are picking on, and how carefully you choose your words lady.  I have been known NOT to be the NICEST person occassionally when I am really REALLY mad.....and if you think I'm a handful, you had better hope and PRAY that I
do not call her grandmother to come up here and handle this." :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  (sallie would tie that lady to the fence for eternity!)

The reasoning I got for 2 weeks is that as a salaried employee they are paid every 2 weeks and not weekly becuz they are not hourly.  He said that he is going to let her finish her pay period out due to TEC problems he might have with her.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:59:46 PM by lauraSchumann »

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 08:10:45 PM »
Also...I presented him with a hi-lighted copy of his DQ handbook (I copied it this morning :cheeze:) of every violation that I saw during the weeks time my daughter worked there......

Rule #7--To avoid contamination and the spread of bacteria, keep your hands clean and do not touch your face or hair.....
Rule #8--If you want a particular day off or shift off, give the manager written notice as to your schedule (school, other employment, ect)
             dated with explanation, prior to shift scheduling and being posted.  Every effort will be made to accomodate this request.  Once
             schedule is posted, you will be expected to work your shift.  If you are sick and can not work, let manager know as soon as
             possible so your shift can be covered.  Any shift that can not be filled by employee must be covered by a salaried management
             position on staff.

That is just a few that I highlited......very clear on her being told to get gone!

Rule #7 should have been ammended to say....don't scratch your butt tho! :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2008, 08:22:16 PM »
Addendum to rule #7: dont scratch butt and then touch food <(::)>  :nahnah:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2008, 08:58:25 PM »
And justice is served!  :cheeze:
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale