General Category > General Discussion

What are the best boots and why?

<< < (2/4) > >>

FastnLittle:
I like Pro Choice Elites they are countored and fit better but is always what works best for the horse.  There was an article in I believe the last Barrel Racer News (or the one before that) going over all the benefits of each type of boot.

amplifly:
I personally use the Ed Wright leather boots on all fours most of the time and I've never had any problems or injuries resulting from a run.  I use them because if a horse hits himself, the shock isn't going to penetrate that tough leather as much as it will the neoprene.  Of course they have their downfalls, as all of them do in my opinion.  If I have a horse that has a sore tendon/ligament, then I'll put a neoprene boot to support that area until it is healed.  I don't think that there is on "perfect" choice out there, it just depends on your horse and what he needs at the time.

jenijill:
I dont know if it has anything to do with it or not but I took my boots off {except bellboots), and all of a sudden my consistant 3d horse is running top of the 2d times.  Im not even using polo wraps.  So take it like you will.

amplifly:
I know of several people that aren't putting anything on their horses and are pleased with the results....what made you decide to take them off of your horse...just curious..

Mandi:

--- Quote from: jenijill on July 22, 2006, 09:41:28 PM ---I dont know if it has anything to do with it or not but I took my boots off {except bellboots), and all of a sudden my consistant 3d horse is running top of the 2d times.  Im not even using polo wraps.  So take it like you will.

--- End quote ---

I can't take that risk.
I'd rather believe that my boots may be costing me a tenth or two than to take any of the risks that I know can come with over-reaching during a turn. There are places that they can over-reach and hit other than what the bell boots cover and the injuries take just as long, if not longer, to heal than what you get if you overreach below the fetlock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version