Draw and Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues prior
8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Humphrey Benefit...... Packing Up And Getting Ready For WBR @ CONROE!!!!!!!  (Read 16412 times)

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
Re: Bids on Items @ Humphrey Benefit (updated Feb 2)
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
 :()& :()& :()& :()& :()&

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!

Yep JJ....you better keep me posted if I get out bid on my stuff....I bid on a few things that i can use for sure!!!!

Glad to hear Jessica is back on her game & I am sure Jasmine will be back at it before she knows it (even though it seems like forever to a youngster!)
 (woohoo)
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2008, 09:51:25 PM »
Ok...Here is where people were getting confused.  The barrel race was an XTREME barrel race with $500 Added 4-D.  Thanks a bunch to Travis Bishop who is running for constable who gave us the added money.  The BBQ & Silent Auction was for Jess & Jas!!!!  It went very very well.  I think the BBQ raised $1,700 for the girls which was wonderful  8)   The brisket in the crockpot was YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!  Thanks to Darrin & Clem for doing all the cooking.  Clems dad for making the beans.  The show went great, and Jess even won money on Jas's horse she was 2nd in the 2-D.  So all in all this day was a great one for the Humphreys.  Can't wait to see how WBR goes.  Hope to see the item bids go up.     

:TIGGER:      :TIGGER:          :TIGGER:        :TIGGER:        :TIGGER:      :TIGGER:        :TIGGER:       :TIGGER:

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2008, 10:00:05 PM »
If you hadn't been in such a hurry to leave..... had to go ride bikes on this pretty day.... and eat brisket and ribs....

i know rite!!  when i left on the way home i was thinkin i didnt even get to see the girls and tell them i'm glad they are doing better!!  i think my horsies were telling me yesterday they wanted a break so i gave it to them ;)

turnincircles... my like INfamous :cheeze:  :TIGGER:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2008, 10:05:12 PM »
DEBHORSES -   It was NOT me who out bid ya!!!   >:D   Just wanting 2 clerify this info.   roflmao

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »
DEBHORSES -   It was NOT me who out bid ya!!!   >:D   Just wanting 2 clerify this info.   roflmao

jaci--ok go ahead and tell me...it's mike rite?  he's gonna have to go sit in the corner for that and he is grounded from DANCING AT LABARES!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »
The barrel race and the benefit for Humphreys was a totally separate event.  However the workers and the directors donated to the Humphrey girls from thier hearts and their paychecks.  Those of you who chose not to come missed a wonderful barrel race with lots of hugs and lots of wonderful comments for Jes and Jaz.  I personally want to thank each and everyone who came out yesterday and you did open your hearts and wallets on the barbeque and silent auction.  It was so wonderful to be able to see Jessica ride again and Jasmine smiling and not too aware of the scar on her skull.  Thats what the silent auction and barbeque was all about friends coming together for these two wonderful children and thank God they are both here after two days of accidents to receive the hugs and well wishes of all the folks who came to the show.  I will never forget the show and the folks who came and all the folks who have donated and spent time gathering, riding, cooking, bidding all because you could help someone who had tragedy strike twice in one weekend.  I can' imagine having both of my children hurt in one weekend like Jody did.  So many people just took the time to come and hug the girls and Jody and thank God they were all ok and then we had a good barrel race and 1st took home $324.  I felt soooo good after the day, I told God I would spend a little more time on my knees and helping others cause it felt so good and made me feel so good.  All you friends that came out and helped I know you feel the same way it was a special day.  When we die, I was taught in church, God will never ask what we did he will ask who did we help and what did we do for others. 
The WBR is donating a booth for Jasmine and Jessica at Conroe and remember the race and the booth are separate events...
There will be some great items at the show to bid on for these girls.........
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline C.B.

• Extreme Member
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2008, 10:05:27 AM »
What a wonderful day!  We enjoyed the barrel race and the sunshine and visit with friends.  My horse stepped on himself and pulled a shoe, but seems to be fine.  So it was a great day.  Warmed my heart to see Jessica run down the alleyway.  Way to go girls.  BTW, Mike had his tractor decorated with pink hearts and the girls names, it was quite spiffy!  I really wanted to take home one of those delicious briskets, but missed out and they were all gone by the time I tried to get one.  You guys should give yourselves a pat on the back for a great day!

Offline rodeodelux

• Elite Member
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
I'm so glad y'all had a good show and lots of support for the girls!! We wanted to come, but we were already committed to a youth rodeo. By the time we finished with the roping it was already 5 o'clock. Hopefully we will see y'all at the booth in Conroe! :()&

Offline letsgonow

• Novice Member
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2008, 11:04:58 AM »
I thought the barrel race was for the Humphreys as well.......so it was just the bbq and silent auction......the website that has all the information about the auction etc. makes the barrel race look like it is for the girls.....very misleading in my opinion, I know several people that went thinking the race was for them also. 

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »
Sharon--i was there!! i missed ya but i did see mike and jaci and i got my meat..mikely kept saying whatcha gonna do with all that meat..i said we having a biker party! it was great too, meat fell off the ribs and the brisket..well..i'll be in the gym 24-7 workin it all off!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline onthegobarrelmom

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
Sorry we missed it!!!  I'm so sick of everyone being sick in our house!!!  I think we are on the way to recovery though.  I hope so anyway!!!

It sounds like everything went well.  Kayla you have really done a great job with all the auction donations.  I sure hope I get something!!!

(Letsgonow) I knew Extreme was doing the barrel race but I thought it was for the Humpries also.  So you aren't the only one.  But I think I read in Sharon's post that all of them gave their money to Jody so that's awesome.  Every little bit helps!!!  

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:30:03 AM by onthegobarrelmom »

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2008, 12:03:06 PM »
I think the confusion comes from the 2 posts posted on page 3 of this thread.  They led me to believe that the whole day was about the girls too, especially since there wasn't an Xtreme Barrel Race on Xtreme's schedule for 2/10/08 according to the web site.  Just a thought of why so many thought it was a non-profit benefit barrel race.  :((((  Please don't flame me, just a thought.

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2008, 12:06:37 PM »
The barrel race and the benefit for Humphreys was a totally separate event.  However the workers and the directors donated to the Humphrey girls from thier hearts and their paychecks.  Those of you who chose not to come missed a wonderful barrel race with lots of hugs and lots of wonderful comments for Jes and Jaz.  I personally want to thank each and everyone who came out yesterday and you did open your hearts and wallets on the barbeque and silent auction.  It was so wonderful to be able to see Jessica ride again and Jasmine smiling and not too aware of the scar on her skull.  Thats what the silent auction and barbeque was all about friends coming together for these two wonderful children and thank God they are both here after two days of accidents to receive the hugs and well wishes of all the folks who came to the show.  I will never forget the show and the folks who came and all the folks who have donated and spent time gathering, riding, cooking, bidding all because you could help someone who had tragedy strike twice in one weekend.  I can' imagine having both of my children hurt in one weekend like Jody did.  So many people just took the time to come and hug the girls and Jody and thank God they were all ok and then we had a good barrel race and 1st took home $324.  I felt soooo good after the day, I told God I would spend a little more time on my knees and helping others cause it felt so good and made me feel so good.  All you friends that came out and helped I know you feel the same way it was a special day.  When we die, I was taught in church, God will never ask what we did he will ask who did we help and what did we do for others. 
The WBR is donating a booth for Jasmine and Jessica at Conroe and remember the race and the booth are separate events...
There will be some great items at the show to bid on for these girls.........

Not doubt I missed a fun day of barrel racing, I always enjoy being around the Xtreme Crew, but poor old Cajun is at swim camp right now, so I participated via internet by bidding on some of the wonderful items being auctioned off.

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
well i didnt know there was a contraversy but when i went back and read this is what i found..it says "Benefit barbeque and silent auction for Jessica and Jasamine Hymphrey"..just reading it i cant find where it says benefit barrel race for Jessica and Jasmine...it plainly states the barbeque and silent auction were for the girls...maybe that will clear things up if not  :((((

Re: Bids on Items @ Humphrey Benefit
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 02:10:11 PM » Quote Modify Split Topic 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
February 10, 2008 Xtreme Barrel Racing Plus
Benefit barbeque and silent auction for Jessica and Jasmine Humphrey
$500 ADDED MONEY TO THE 4D $35
sponsored by Constable Travis Bishop

can't wait till May!!!

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
« Reply #134 on: February 11, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
Hey sorry I missed it also-We are back in San Antonio for Casey to show his lamb.  So yesterday to keep from getting to far behind I had to work.  Let me tell you getting into San Antonio with a horse is much easier than a lamb.  We got here at 10:00 and are still in line trying to get into the expo grounds.  Glad to hear the auction is going well and hope to see everyone this weekend at Rosenberg!!  :TIGGER:
Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!