Draw and Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues prior
8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: REDNECK ECONOMICS 101  (Read 680 times)

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
REDNECK ECONOMICS 101
« on: January 27, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »
All this talking about our economy....our situation if you will. I just have to give ya'll my ideas on the reason we are in this mess and no it ain't OBAMA's fault....Dear God!

They blamed the finance sector for bad loans, Wall Street fell redicously. Okay-Okay!

Who were the grass roots people whose loans went bad? Was it the rich or well off? No....now we have the trickle up effect - watch:

Poor folks live from check to check...no large savings...they just get by.
They borrow and make their monthly payments based on what the current situation is....they don't have $1,000s of dollars for any kind of changes in their budget. They are "making" it.

The next class of folks are just a step above the poor....they have a little bit bigger margin for things to go wrong in their budget. We are talking aboutl 90% of the American population.

No they aren't living in $1,000,000 homes either.

Now raise the cost it takes for them to get to work, to heat or cool their home, to put groceries on the table.
Now triple that cost....things start not getting paid and they go bad on their mortgages to opt for cheaper rent JUST TO MAKE IT.

It's easy to blame the poor guys....but who really is to blame? It's not Obama.

Now as the price rises the trickle up effect comes into play and those the next step up are affected and they lose out as well.
The greedy guys at the top began to lose out as well, although their answer is to hurt the poor and underlings even more... they shut down their plants.....reduce production of oil.....and the poor man is now homeless, the step above him is in slums and so on and so forth.

When will we stop allowing this to happen? What was the response to the rising energy crisis prior to this recession? Well it wasn't putting a limit on the energy costs now was it. They made record profits at the expense of the entire U.S. Economy and the world.

Ever wonder why they don't invest in alternative energy in a way that actually results in us not being dependant on oil. Yeah that first guess is generally right. Thank You.

'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: REDNECK ECONOMICS 101
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
Ever wonder why they don't invest in alternative energy in a way that actually results in us not being dependant on oil. Yeah that first guess is generally right. Thank You.
Yes, it cost to much and wont be able to do all the things that oil does for the cost
Which reminds me, I miss the poking icon so I can poke at ponygirl  :ROFL2:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:57:56 PM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »
Yes, it cost to much and wont be able to do all the things that oil does for the cost
Which reminds me, I miss the poking icon so I can poke at ponygirl  :ROFL2:

:ROFL2: Now Tamet you are in charge of the icons, so where is the poking fellow at? :ROFL2:
I got ya on that "it costs too much.." Well really? Do you think it's only the initial costs that will be expensive, but when you look at the long run, is it more expensive or not? I don't think it is. But when you have this dependence on oil....especially foreign oil, how are we to escape economic trouble? We won't.
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »
Pony Girl, you missed your calling <(::)>you should have been a politician :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!