Sat Draw & Live Results
Sun Draw & Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open
June 1st - 8th
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable EF

Author Topic: Delbert goes to Texas  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Delbert goes to Texas
« on: February 12, 2005, 11:33:14 AM »

After a bumper cotton crop that brought in a lot of money,
Delbert decided to take his first trip to Texas to celebrate. Getting off the bus in Fort Worth, he asked a passing man to recommend a good place to eat and was pointed to a local men's club. Reaching the club, Delbert was unaware that the building also contained a swimming pool, work-out room, and sports facilities. He went straight to the restaurant and ordered a soda and a steak. When the waitress brought back a mug of soda that was 12 inches around and a foot tall, Delbert told her, "I just wanted a soda, not the whole soda
factory!" "Mister," she replied, "this is Texas and everything's
bigger in Texas." Soon she came back with a steak that was so big it hung off the edges of a huge platter. "Gosh darnit, I just wanted a
steak, not the whole cow!" Delbert complained. "Well like I told you before, this is Texas, and everything's bigger in Texas." She said.
Delbert finally finished the huge meal and asked for directions to the restroom. The waitress told him to go down the hall and take the third door on the left. He walked down the hall, but absentmindedly turned into the third door on the right. Two steps through that door, and he fell into the swimming pool. "Help! Help!" he screamed. "Don't flush it!"

Delbert's Tip Of the Week: "Never lick a steak knife."
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.