Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues Prior
8am-6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are OPEN
Printable EF
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Kinsley and Tubbs the Wonder Horse  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Kinsley and Tubbs the Wonder Horse
« on: December 24, 2012, 09:23:33 PM »
Our family had Christmas today and I wanted to share some pics of Kinsley.  She has been begging us for a horse she can take to the barrel races for a few months now.  Thanks to Mandi Walters Stull, we were able to make her wish come true.  Mandi and Scott (and their kiddos Maci, Sloan and Cannon) unselfishly let us purchase their good horse Tubbs since their kids have advanced past him now.  He is a "one in a million" kind of horse and we feel very blessed to have been able to get him for Kinsley!  If you are my friend on facebook you can see the video of her when we surprised her with him!!  It was a GREAT day!!  I love this kid so much!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: Kinsley and Tubbs the Wonder Horse
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:42:23 AM »
What a tremendous Blessing!   Merry Christmas!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 07:06:58 AM »
That is so what it is all about!  Precious
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14:56 AM »
Thank y'all!  It really is such a blessing to see her on a horse!  Just a couple months ago she was diagnosed with a Chiari Malformation which basically means her brain is too big for her head. It was iffy whether she would ever be able to ride a horse,  play sports or even ride a roller coaster. But God answered our prayers and at this time she has no restrictions and hopefully never will!  It was just by chance that we caught it this early and the fact that we can monitor it with yearly MRI's makes all the difference!   God is so SO GOOD!!!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 10:23:00 AM »
AMEN!!!!!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline boogieboy

• Extreme Member
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »
This is absolutely adorable!!  Those two are made for each other.  I'll bet you are proud!  How old is this guy?

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:05:08 AM »
This is absolutely adorable!!  Those two are made for each other.  I'll bet you are proud!  How old is this guy?

Thank you!  He is 20.  He's taught so many kids how to be cowgirls and cowboys.  We are super blessed to have him!  I can't imagine finding a better one if I searched the world over!  He's worth his weight in gold for sure!  We love him!

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »
 :-* Ah there he is.  We love you Tubbies!  He truly is one in a million and he gave our family so much!  We all miss him but we know God called Tubbs to do great things for kids and even though it was hard, we had to let him go raise another one!  Well actually....honestly....if it had been anyone but Kinsley and Tracy I don't know if we could've let him leave. But we know Tubbs deserves that home and that family! 
If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »
:-* Ah there he is.  We love you Tubbies!  He truly is one in a million and he gave our family so much!  We all miss him but we know God called Tubbs to do great things for kids and even though it was hard, we had to let him go raise another one!  Well actually....honestly....if it had been anyone but Kinsley and Tracy I don't know if we could've let him leave. But we know Tubbs deserves that home and that family! 

Thank you Mandi!   We are eternally grateful to you and your family!  Love y'all!