Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

Which barrel racing format do you prefer?

3D Equal Pay
4D Sliding pay
4D Equal Pay
5D Sliding Pay

Author Topic: Barrel Racing 3D, 4D or 5D  (Read 29973 times)

Offline KMS

• Extreme Member
Re: Barrel Racing 3D, 4D or 5D
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »
"Success" doesn't always automatically equal respect and one person's idea of success differs from another.  I know a whole bunch of people who aren't World Champions of anything that I respect very much and I consider them very successful.
Keep your words soft and sweet as some day you may have to eat them.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2007, 05:56:37 PM »
I'm going to trot through the pattern now. Thanks for the reminder (and support) Tractor.Driver.

(((praying I don't get bucked off by this silly mare I have to ride for the 2nd time in 3 years)))

If i'm not back online in a couple hours...someone worry about me.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2007, 05:59:31 PM »
Ok, we will send the "sheriff" out for ya if we dont hear back from you   <HI>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2007, 07:05:04 PM »
RM - you are headed EXACTLY where Mandi and I were about 3 pages ago.  You are telling us you potentially have a 1D horse.  From what you say he is very high maintenance.  Maybe the reason he is going to be a 1D horse is because you have taken care of him physically.  I know that is obviously not the only reason, but if he feels good then he will perform better and work better - thus becoming a 1D horse.

So, in the end, you will have a high maintenance 1D horse.  Be proud - that is where you want to be!!  Take care of him because there aren't many out there.  Any start going to some good rodeos and show the kids how you ol' poots can win!  (I think you were the one that had said earlier you were "old".)

Actually I am 28 years young....truce.... >PEACE<

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
You would be surprised who tractor driver really is.  I'm surprised she hasn't visited this board before, maybe she has under a different name.  She likes to stir up conflict.  Just recognize what she's doing and don't take offense.  Go back to your other board TD where there is no r-e-s-p-e-c-t. haha
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2007, 08:30:04 PM »
I survive my ride...sort of.

I see nothing has changed here.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline rodeodelux

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »
I voted for sliding payout. >PEACE<

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »
There are only a few people posting on this thread. It seems like most of you ( no matter what D ) take real good care of your horses, and put alot of time into the sport you love.

BUT

You are a select few. There are alot of riders out there that don't take their horses to the chiropractor, vet, dentist, and even to the farrier. I dare you to find a consistant, hauling down the road 1D horse that doesn't go to the all above on a monthly basis. I can go to a barrel race and find a bunch of 3D/4D horses that only go to the above on a as needed or quarterly basis. Just like you can go to any golf course and see a Pro playing with top quality clubs and a Hobby golfer playing with whatever quality clubs that he feels suit his needs. In the end they are both golfers. Both enjoy golf and put into it what they are able to contribute.

I take my colts to local jackpots and etc.... If they get a check fine. If not I am not out a huge amount of money in fees and etc. If I am working bugs out that seem to be fixed in the practice pen but not in the run. I take my open horses to the local jackpots and etc... too. For the most part I haul the open horses to the races or rodeo's that are going to payout pretty good. In doing that I am willing to pay a higher amount in fees and etc. I am not gonna take a colt to one of those because that is not a gamble I feel will is worth taking. THAT IS MY CHOICE AND DOESN'T MAKE ME ANYTHING BUT A PERSON IF FREE WILL!

It is great to read how well you all take of your horses. I don't think that Mandi singled anyone out on here.  Sad to say there is alot of others who don't do all that we do for their horses. They do whatever it takes to barrel race at the level they are happy at. Just like we do whatever it takes to barrel race at the level we are happy at. Dreams are not crushed by anyone but the dreamer...... If your dream is "Your Dream" no one can take it away from you!
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »
Good post! Thanks! Yep, once Gabe and I get going good, we will be geting on a great vet/chiro schedule. Right now, we are just starting out...not me, i have been chasing cans for 18 years! But, Gabe has only been out 17 times. We are geting checks in 4/3D.....if we ever get to hauling hard, we will go from every other month chiro to once a month! He is 6 years young and doing good! I really appreciate your positive feed back!  >PEACE<

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »
I want to thank each of you who voted for the race you like the most.
I am sorry for the turn this thread took.  Barrel Racers are wonderful people no matter what D you fall in and all horses are beautiful amazing creatures that we are very attached to and will defend to the end.  I just wanted to know where everyone stood on the Divisions.
We hope to keep producing barrel races to the best of our ability and hope more of you riders keep coming and supporting us. 
Barrel racing is a unique sport where you and your horse will never be on top forever.  Enjoy yourself where ever you are and keep riding and loving the sport... :RUN:
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....