Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

Which barrel racing format do you prefer?

3D Equal Pay
4D Sliding pay
4D Equal Pay
5D Sliding Pay

Author Topic: Barrel Racing 3D, 4D or 5D  (Read 29988 times)

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
Re: Barrel Racing 3D, 4D or 5D
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 07:29:36 AM »
"What Ever D", sliding pay out. 
My age?  Don't go there.

REAL SCARED *:))*

Stefanie Medland

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 07:41:02 AM »
What people also do not realize is 10 years ago- you were not getting 150 in one jackpot. Barrel racers are coming out of the woods now and the industry is changing. Most of your horses that are running fall in the 3-d and below. Some are at their full potential - why penalize them for that.

I do run with nbha, I like the sliding scale. But, I also really like the equal pay.

If I had a 1-d horse I would be more worried about going to more rodeos then barrel races anyway!
Stefanie Medland

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »
What people also do not realize is 10 years ago- you were not getting 150 in one jackpot. Barrel racers are coming out of the woods now and the industry is changing. Most of your horses that are running fall in the 3-d and below. Some are at their full potential - why penalize them for that.

I do run with nbha, I like the sliding scale. But, I also really like the equal pay.

If I had a 1-d horse I would be more worried about going to more rodeos then barrel races anyway!

:()& :()& :()& :()&

If you just have an Old Open Barrel race you would be lucky to get 20 barrel racers.  I do think that most horses end up falling between the 2 and 4D.  The 4 and 5D's have made barrel racing really come back...........  I think.             

I don't like going to a Race and paying a $10.00 processing fee for a race with 70% payback and only $500.00 or $1,000.00 added.  NO Offense to anyone but it is hard for me to pay $45.00 to run and if I fall in the 3 or 4D I am lucky to win my entry fees back.  When I can go to a STBRA or GCBRA or NBHA and run for $25.00 or $30.00 and win about the same amount of money and sometimes more.  And afford to run 2 horses.  I am Poor!               <COLOR GRIN>
Is it Friday yet???

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 08:14:31 AM »
well i'm glad NBHA showed up cuz it gives poor, not-very good, old, riders like me a change at winning at LEAST something and having fun!! i know for a fact cuz i have gone back years and checked stats they both my lil old white face horses have run in 2 higher D's than what i can get them in..key word there(than what I can get them in)..and i think that proves they are better runners than i am riders but again, it gives all a change to win and have fun..so if ya dont like the 4Ds, and ya dont like the 4Ds with equal payouts or 4D's with sliding payouts, take yourself on to a rodeo !! :()&
can't wait till May!!!

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2007, 08:16:22 AM »
Good morning ms george stalker!!! <:)
can't wait till May!!!

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »
Good morning ms george stalker!!! <:)

Hey Deb!!!     <HI>
I was thinking maybe I could go by his house on the way home from the race Saturday......  It is kind of on the way home from Cleveland.........  he he he he          <PACO>
Is it Friday yet???

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2007, 08:34:30 AM »
I run in 3D at big shows but I never get in the money anyway so I must be a super big loser  <CRYING> But I have a blast doing it and always try to improve myself.  U just dont see equal payout often most everyone does sliding.

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2007, 08:48:47 AM »
BR horsies!!  its not kinda on the way, it IS on the way if u come back down 1485--hehehe

RR- i hear ya--here lately i been at the bottom of the 3D and i cant find any $$$ in that spot!!   but another way of my lookin at  it is i have met some really great peoples in the past 3 years since i started ridin again and if not for the great 4D's, i wouldnt have ;)

so in answer to Sharon's poll, i voted for the 4D equal payout but i like them all cuz i plan to go to them all as long as i can and have FUN, FUN, FUN and cuz i like to watch SEXY TRACTOR MANS--hehehe :-*
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 08:49:35 AM »
I guess we all must have gone to different straight barrel races back in the day. The straight races I was at usually had 50+ and sometimes 100+. Only 5-7 or maybe 10 people got checks, but they all still showed up and tried.

Its no different than the large crowds that turn out for futurities. At least half usually don't stand a chance of placing in the top, but they still enter and they still give 110%. They keep going and they don't complain and feel they deserve a check for trying.

I guess that the D's have brought a different mindset to barrel racers and a lot of us that were in it before the D's still don't feel like the slower ones deserve as much. I'm sorry if my thoughts offend anyone, but that is how I (and most people I know/haul with & train for) believe. I'm not calling anyone a LOSER, but the remainder of the divisions is nothing more than a crap shoot. You can't guarantee a 2-3-4D horse is going to place race after race because you never know who is going to set the pace.

As for expense of a 1D horse...I've never spent more than $1500 on a horse and I have 2 1D horses now and a retired 1D horse that was cheapest. A lot of people wouldn't have to spend so much on horses/prospects if they weren't so wrapped up in bloodlines (though I feel my horses all have lines that help them perform better, they aren't the 'prefered' bloodlines of today). Sometimes if people would put more effort into something that isn't necessary 'supposed' to make a top horse, they might be surprised.

Even if my 1D horses screw up and place in a lower division, I still don't feel they deserve equal pay. I know what work, expense, time, etc goes into making a 1D horse and I feel those at the top deserve the most.

Obviously, considering most LARGE jackpots don't pay out equally, the majority aren't complaining either.

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Git-R-Done

• Mega Member
  • The Boys!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:08 AM »
The thing is that everybody has their own preference to what their situation is.  It's still a free country go to whatever format fits your liking.  These days on most weekends you could run at just about every format you can think of.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »
Diesel costs too much.  I am going to whatever is closest to home.  Doesn't matter to me if it is a 3D, 4D, 5D or playday.  Payout is just an added bonus.  We all know it is a crap shoot....who cares...I love barrel racing!!!

I love the Xtreme barrel races for the type of folks that show up and the crew that puts on the show!!!

Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 09:09:39 AM »
I hear ya! I'm going to go where I stand a chance to win something.

i try not to be a donator!! If I entered a rodeo that is what I would be.. SO right now I will stick with going to what ever d's there is that is close.
Stefanie Medland

Offline Git-R-Done

• Mega Member
  • The Boys!
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 09:11:44 AM »
You know who and how the races are run plays a lot into where I decide to go.  This is suppose to be fun!  I try to go to shows where I  know I can relax and enjoy being there.  If I want to listen to bickering and such I would just stay at work!
As a producer or organization-you just need to try to meet the needs of the population that will frequently attend your races to keep making money so you can keep having jackpots.

Offline Tailwind

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 09:23:54 AM »
Yeah, the d's do cut us older ones some slack.  I know when your young you just don't understand how much harder it gets- but guess what- with God's luck- you'll get there too some day.   ;)    Age not being an excuse, just an explanation.

And  hauling does get expensive.  Ya gotta pick and choose.  And sometimes LIFE
just plain ole gets in the way of hauling and running as much as you'd like.  But when  you can go, I think the D's are great.   If your lucky and have a good day, they give you a chance to at least not  be in to big a financial hole when you  leave.  <COLOR GRIN>
"My treasures do not click together or glitter, they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:10 AM »
I can't wait Deb!!!!  I am sure he woun't notice my big white trailer driving back and forth in front of his house........   >:D

I wonder if he drinks.............  I will bring a bottle of Crown.......      <COLOR GRIN> <COLOR GRIN>
Is it Friday yet???