8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Laura Rodgers and Grinder  (Read 15495 times)

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
Re: Prayers for Laura Rodgers and Grinder
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 09:06:19 PM »
I just got home from Shreveport, where I did not have internet access.  I found a message on my cell from Deb Brown about Grinder.  Prayers for a complete recovery for Grinder!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
Prayers for Grinder and for you Laura!!!    Please keep us updated!

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 08:48:13 AM »
laura, my heart and prayers go out to you and grinder!!! he's tough, has a HUGE heart!!! and he loves you BUNCHES!!!!!! you'll be back together tearing up the ground in no time!!!!! stay positive girl!!! and keep us updated!!!
lots of love,
sharon
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 09:00:17 AM »
Laura, my prayers are with you and Grinder!  I know what he means to you and I dearly hope he pulls through this like the champ he is!!!

Jess

Offline adp_4984

• Novice Member
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 09:26:03 AM »
Many many prayers for Laura and Grinder.  I'm so sorry to hear about this. 

Offline Pam Cantwell

• Administrator
  • Fossil
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:15:06 AM »
Laura, Many prayers for you and Grinder.
“When the government fears the people, you have liberty.  When the people fear the government, you have tyranny.”  ~Thomas Jefferson.

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »
Grinder at Lone Star Equine Animal Hospital....I just received a text message from Laura this morning stating that sadly there haven't been any further changes in Grinder.  Dr. Williams has been on vacation but they were calling him in this morning.  Yesterday when I spoke with her Grinder had regained control of his pupils and was a lot calmer.  He was still having trouble getting up but he's eating well and all that. 

I will keep everyone posted as I talk to her.  Grinder is tough....Good Lord isn't ready for any new horses right now so I'm sure he'll be as tough as always and pull through....just keep the prayers coming!  We all know what it's like to be SO attached to your animals!  They grow to be like our kiddos that's for sure!!

Thanks!
Dina
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
So sorry to hear the sad news about Grinder. It is a hard road to go down, I've been there. Just a few words of encouragement......My horses are vaccinated for everything annually, but that does not mean they can't get sick. My gelding Toby was raised by my family from a 2 week old, after his mother died, so you can imagine the attachment. At 5 he came down with West Nile. It is a horrible, debilitating disease. Toby fought with all his heart to live, me & my husband took off work to stay with him 24/7. After 7 days of him being down & us turning him to keep him alive, he had a stroke. He fought so hard that we just could not put him down. I did allot of soul searching and prayed that I was doing the right thing. He could not tell me if he was ready to give up, but I wasn't ready to lose him. Toby did finally pulled through, he is 9 now, and though the vets say I can ride him, I haven't. He seems fine and is healthy, and now our studs pasture buddy. I'm glad to see him standing there and nickering at me when I pull up. I wish you all the best and will pray for you & Grinder. I'm sure you know him better than anyone, so just listen to your heart and you will make the right decisions. <LUV>

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 02:37:49 PM »
Prayers for you and Grinder, Laura.  I know Grinder is such a special horse and a part of your family.  He has a huge heart and I know he will fight hard to beat this!  I'm so sorry.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Offline bobbi

• Extreme Member
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 03:27:29 PM »
Laura sorry we didn't get to talk much last night. We where trying to get ready and watch the locals getting pulled out of the mud next to Leslie's trailer. We where sorry to hear about that. It is a bad deal and I have seen one go down. I hope everything is ok. Like you said he has a lot of heart and if you need anything let me know.

Offline Becky Yeary

• Extreme Member
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »
More prayer for this wonderful team. Laura and Grinder. (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 09:14:07 PM »
Prayer for Grinder for a full recovery. Happended to a friend of mine in Elgin who has all her horses vaccinated.  Her sons rope horse started acting strange took him to the vet and the poor guy was misdiagnosed for almost 3 weeks!!! He has made a full recovery now thank god.. no one uses him anymore due to other obligations but he is fine and hopefully the grandson may be able to rope off him someday.
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Oh Laura, I am so sorry. Prayers from the Guess Family. I pray he will have a full recovery and peace for you during this trying time. Kisses and Hugs, Andie
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline Cindy Hall

• Elite Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 11:11:22 PM »
Prayers and God Bless. C. Hall (+) (+) (+) (+)

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 08:03:04 AM »
There are no changes. He is no better and he is no worse. He is not eating their grain so I will take his up there today. Please keep those prayers going!
Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"