8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers for Laura Rodgers and Grinder  (Read 15497 times)

Offline canchasr1

• Novice Member
Re: Prayers for Laura Rodgers and Grinder
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2007, 12:14:10 AM »
Many prayers for you Laura and your sweet boy.
If there is a vet in the country that I have complete faith in , it is Dr Williams.
He is as good as they come.
God bless you and your family during this time, you are in my prayers

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
  • Brillant People Have The Most Persuasive Deamons
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 05:20:58 AM »
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them going....... they are working. Colonel and I stopped by to visit him again yesterday. He is doing better! He still has the head tilt and is still not real steady on his feet but he is alot better then he was a week ago. They blood work came back negative for WNV so they are checking for ENV and some others. There is also a new blood test for EPM that we should have the results back on that in a few days. We did test him for PSSM and that also came back negative. We are now leaning towards acute EPM.

He has lost alot of weight but he is getting around so much better and the look in his eyes is 10 times better. I am hoping to get to bring him home some time this week. I hated to leave him there yesterday. Colonel felt the same way..... He did not want to load, it took me 3 attempts to get him to get on the trailer. Colonel has never ever not loaded. He too really is ready for his buddy to come home.

Once again thanks so much for your prayers. There are no words to describe how much I value each and every one them.

Laura Rodgers
"We survive together or not at all"

Offline Charlotte C

• Posse Member
  • Veteran Member
    • www.cunninghambuckles.com
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2007, 07:54:46 AM »
You and Grinder are in the Cunningham's thoughts and prayers.  Love you gal, cc
My motto is from the Top Gun movie "I feel the need the need for speed"

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
You and Grinder are in the Cunningham's thoughts and prayers.  Love you gal, cc

Thanks dear..... I saw your rig several times last week but never ran into you and Nick. I don't know about you but I thought it was beautiful there and I hated to leave. Would be a great place for a summer home.
Laura Rodgers

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »
Many prayers for you and Grinder!!  Just a word of encouragement - my horse Jay Bird broke his hip in 2002, battled two serious cases of EPM in 2003 and 2004 and bounced back just fine. I mean it took time, but he came back...just keep praying and believing!!
If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 08:06:52 AM »
Sending more prayers for Grinder. <(' ')>

Offline Laura Rodgers

• Mega Member
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2007, 11:20:34 AM »
The test came back negative on the EPM too.... So now we are still in the dark has to what he has. He does get to go home today so that is great news!
Laura Rodgers

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 12:43:25 PM »
Praise God, Laura that is awesome news!  He will be so happy to go home!   give him a big kiss from us all!

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »
 8) :()& 8) :()& 8) :()& 8) :()&
Glad Grinder gets to come home today....keep me posted!  Good to see you Saturday night....didn't catch you before you left.  When we got ready and went to the arena, you were in the shower.  We had a blast at dinner....Greg and I ate at Sharon Allen's on Sunday when we left the arena....it was incredible also! 

We didn't get anything done Sunday so it's a good thing we paid for our trip on Saturday!!!   :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\  He was tickled to death! 

Keep us informed on Grinder!!!  That's a real mystery on what it could be if they've ruled out EPM and WNV......keep the positive faith girl....he'll bounce back!!!!

Many hugs and prayers coming your way!!! 
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')>
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline debandbeau

• Da Sheriff
  • Mega Member
  • Home of the Brave!
    • Tahitian NONI Juice
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
I'm sure you've checked, but did he get stung on his spine or something??  It came on so suddenly like a bite or a sting.......maybe he rolled and damaged his spine........just take a good look.

Still praying for your boy.  I guess you heard about Beau....that's why I haven't called.....been nursing him.

Love you, Dear!
"The ONLY thing that should be on your mind when you go down that alleyway is doing the best you can to help your horse do the best he can."     Kappy Allen

www.tahitiannoni.com/rodeo