8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Keep Ben in your prayers  (Read 15804 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: Keep Ben in your prayers
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 08:33:44 AM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) Many prayers for Ben and your family in his and your time of need..
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline SmoothOKFuel

• Veteran Member
  • Fuelin W
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 10:18:06 AM »
Thouhts and prayers coming your way... <(' ')>

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »
Tamet and Bob you guys are such great parents. I know that Ben knows in his heart how much you two love him . May God surround you with his love and blessing. And Lord help Ben with the challenges that he has. Take care of this family in everway.

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 07:20:42 PM »
Many prayers for you all!

My best friend, since 8th grade, has an autistic son. He is non-verbal and will never be verbal. He is certainly violent.  She is fortunate enough to live in Keller, TX where they have an amazing program for autistic children, as part of the public school system.  He is hard to deal with and is very strong willed.  Hang in there. I know it's hard. 
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2007, 07:30:03 AM »
Thanks so much you guys.  I came home from the barrel race last night at about 12:00 am and they were all still up, Ben said "Hi" to me as I walked into the kitchen!!!!  He was bouncing on his balance ball and laughing.  When I got me some peanut butter cookies (more like candy because you dont cook them), he jumped up off the ball and came walking over to me and immediately signed "candy"  8)

He really is doing good, but of course he reached out to pinch me on about the 3rd piece so I made him put his hands down and go sit down.  He is still striking at us, but it is an AWESOME thing when he comes up to you and requests some of what you have WITHOUT prompting!!!!!  That is a huge step and one I would LOVE to see EVERYDAY all DAY LONG. 

Bob told me when he got the ice cream out Ben immediately jumped up and came over and signed to him that he wanted some also and Bob said he didnt prompt him at ALL. 

So, with these steps backward in social behavior we are also getting some GREAT gains and that is what I am hoping for.  So hopefully what I saw last night was just the tip of the iceburg and he is fixing to make that big leap I am wanting.  Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts.  It is very encouraging especially when it looks so hopeless sometimes. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 07:42:36 AM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2007, 08:58:53 AM »
I can understand why Ben wanted the ice cream.  His dad, Bob, is a professional ice cream tester.
How did you and Venture do yesterday???????????
huggs
capt jack

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »
I can understand why Ben wanted the ice cream.  His dad, Bob, is a professional ice cream tester.
How did you and Venture do yesterday???????????
huggs
capt jack

Venture????  I dont have Venture anymore.   Final and I won 3rd in the Sr 1D, though.   We had a nice run.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »
Wow, no PROMPTING....that is the ultimate skill.  I bet the social behavior problems will extinguish themselves.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »
He has been crying in pain for a big part of today. We know it is pain but he can't tell us where it hurts. He has a snotty nose and a bad cough.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2007, 10:25:40 PM »
Poor fella....could be middle ear infection, since he has a snotty nose and bad cough. A lot of times these things run hand in hand, due to the eustachian tube not functioning as it should.  It is so close to every germ that goes in the mouth.  Nothing hurts worse than an earache or toothache.  Prayers sent your way.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 08:58:45 AM »
We are going to try and get him into the Dr office today and see if they can see anything and see if they will do some tests if they cant see anything.  That is the big problem with these kids, once they are "labeled" Autism then Drs become either really stupid or they are just intimidated I dont know which.  Then they dont want to do anything because they think "why" it isnt going to change anything.   (XXX)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »
Hang in there! Sounds to me like he is having a break through! Reminds me of working with Smart yet hard headed colts....they throw a fit and then decide to give in and they are better than ever! Not to compare your son to a horse, but, I am sure with all the hard work and consistency you put in it, he will begin to bloom again! I hope he gest to feeling better soon!   (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline irlucky

• Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 02:45:06 PM »
This is just a thought....we have a little one (2nd grade age) that wears his weighted vest for the behavior issues and it really helps him.  It calms him down a great deal.  They (occupational therapist and teacher) tried quite a few before they found the right one.  If he seems to be having a bad day at breakfast time, we put the vest on him, and in about 20 minutes, we see changes.  He also gets deep pressure rubs through out the day. I am sure you are aware of this, but just some ideas to help with the behavior.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2007, 10:57:44 PM »
Good news Ben is coming round. Wed. he finally let me near him and today at therapy he would do what I asked almost as soon as I said it. I was showing him more than one threat and asking him to get one like candy once or cookie or cracker or chip. AT one time I was holding out my hand with candy and a chip in it. He was reaching to get the chip and as i said you can have the candy he changed what he was reaching for and got the candy instead. Big improvement. Thanks for all your prayers just remember to keep us there.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline MJCRacer

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »
Continued prayers....I have worked with special needs children for the past 5 years.  It is difficult.  I have one family that has not only an autistic child, but also a boy Down's Syndrome.  They are an amazing couple with a great support system....
Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life....Sofia Loren