8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP,AS I KNOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO !!!  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A MARE THAT HAS VERY AGGRESSIVE HEAT CYCLES,I AM LOOKING TOO PUT HER ON SOMETHING,BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TOO TRY. <CRYING>
WHEN IN HEAT SHE IS A (XXX) TO GET BY THE BARRELS .PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YALL  (woohoo)
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline TxCanchaser22

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: PLEASE HELP,AS I KNOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 01:59:53 PM »
Both my mares are on Mare Magic, AWESOME stuff, I honestly did not believe it would work, one of mares flat out would not let you catch her when she was in heat, I would spend an hour chasing her all over our pasture when she was in heat and it got so bad I would have to keep her in a stall during her heat cycle if I wanted to ride her.  I put her on Mare magic and now you never even know when she is in heat.  I loved it so much I put my other mare on it too and a gelding as well and it keeps him from being so nervous at runs.  I swear by this stuff and it is cheap too!!!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »
txtrouble--when i got my mare from lousiana she was on regumate--i could not affort it any more so i took her off and put her on moody mare..it helped alittle bit but she still is a wench when in heat around my gelding but as far as her running the barrels, the heat cycle never affected her working the barrels..shes not on anything now..i just have to get after her a bit with some disapline
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »
TXCANCHASER22 WHERE CAN I FIND IT A.S.A.P
DEBHORSES IT DON'T REALLY BOTHER HER ON THE BARRELS,CAUSE SHE IS A VERY TIGHT TURNER,I JUST HATE TOO PUT UP WITH HER ATTITUDE.SHE TO HAD BEEN ON REGUMATE THANKS GUYS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO YOU CAN GIVE ME.
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 05:30:14 PM »
Mare Magic can be found at Purina stores or most of them.
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »
Breed her!!!  lol lol lol lol lol  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl JK all my mares are bred! I hate Mares! <IMSOMAD>

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »
 You know breeding her would be a great idea!!!!   Oh wait.... :o I did that and it didn't work.  Couldn't get her to stick and mares only get 2 years here before they have to move to a new address.....  Souix Dawg has one year under her belt >:D She may get to live with Gypsy again next year. <COLOR GRIN>
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 10:01:04 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 10:45:22 PM »
RM YOU KNOW IT TAKES THESE BIG NICE MARES TOO PRODUCE THOSE NICE GELD.
I REFUSE TOO RAISE BABIES.
IT IS ALOT CHEAPER TO BUY THE BLOODLINES THAT I LIKE. SO BREEDING IS OUT OF THE QUESTION,IN HEAT OR OUT SHE WILL BE AT THE STATE NBHA SHOW rofl

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 09:36:15 AM »
i put copper tubing in my water troughs and in water buckets you can put copper pennies but keep them clean it  helps with the attitude i took mine to the vet and eventually had her sewed up....
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline anniegrace

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 07:09:07 AM »
I've had really good luck with mare magic and have recommended it to several friends.
I order from tcbquarterhorses.com/maremagic.htm  You can email them or call.  They take credit
cards as well.

That way it's cheaper than at local feed stores.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »
Breed her!!!  lol lol lol lol lol  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl JK all my mares are bred! I hate Mares! <IMSOMAD>

Now, now, RM.  It's just that sometimes, and I say sometimes, the reason people can't get along with mares is 'cause they act just like 'em!!!! <()> Only kidding, God knows I love ya.  However, I LOVE my mare, she is absolutly awesome.  Always works her heart out and turns very pretty.  Just ask anyone about Glam, she's a champ!  Just needed to kid you a little this am.   :*
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 10:07:28 AM by Katy Holloway »
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 09:59:48 AM »
So your mare is a he. Please post a photo I would like to know how that is possible.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 10:08:14 AM »
 <()>
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 11:13:38 AM »
Every mare I have ever worked with has been a  (XXX) ! Yeah, they have a lot of heart and like to do things their own way! My geldings are like good men....easy to please, easy to train and love me even when I get mad!  (woohoo)

Offline Bossy

• Novice Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 10:36:03 PM »
We've used the copper tubing in the water buckets too and it worked for us. I think it's supposed to keep them from cycling at all(or something like that)!