8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP,AS I KNOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO !!!  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
Re: PLEASE HELP,AS I KNOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM TOO !!!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 10:16:53 PM »
BUMPIN IT UP
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline barndad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 07:21:22 AM »
Hey, along the same lines, We have a gelding that is getting schitzo, any ideas? Most times he's fine, but when he gets his moods he's uncontrollable.
nut'n fancy

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
THYRO-L!!!!    Take your mare to the vet and have her thyroid levels checked.    IF she is low or high by .000000001, it's going to cause major problems.   I learned this the hard way! ha ha    Betty Beckham told me to have my mare checked out and I can never thank her enough for suggesting it.   

She was .02 low.    Her hormones were totally screwed up and she was not ovulating.   She would make a follicle and then, she would keep it and make another the next month.    I guess this was going on for a while b/c she had 6 follicles on one ovary.   The other had two.     My vet gave her a shot of Lutilyse (sp) to make her ovulate and then we put her on one scoop of Thyro-L a day..  It made the biggest difference in my girl!   

She was real dominant and would actually act like a stud around other horses.. not to mention that she was a wild child when I would try to exercise her or warm her up...

Geldings can have major thyroid problems too..  Something so small can make them really werid!

Good luck with your mare!