8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: SKELETON IN AN AD  (Read 12589 times)

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
Re: SKELETON IN AN AD
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 03:16:06 PM »
sherry,

If you know what county they are in, I would call the Animal Rescue authorities there and report their information. They should be able to track them down either through the sales website, or their phone #. They should definitely have charges brought against them for animal cruelty. If nothing else, the horse (and all other animals they probably own) will be rescued and taken care of until they can find a home for them. I just hate to see defensless animals suffer at the hands of someone who could be so irresponsible.
See you at the Race! God Bless.

Offline Git-R-Done

• Mega Member
  • The Boys!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »
GO GET EM SHERRY!!!!

Offline silverboots

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007, 04:41:25 PM »
I copied and pasted this ad over on barrelhorseworld under the post "I'm So Angry".  The detectives over there have names, addresses and phone numbers.  Looks like they are also going to try to contact Animal Control in that area.  Hope this mare gets removed from where she is!!!!!

Thanks for bringing attention to this mare!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »
At least it sounds like she might be able to be saved from a cruel fate.  Good going guys!  :)/\\
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline silverboots

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
Yay!  Complaints have been filed with the Lousiana SPCA!!!!!! 

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 04:51:34 PM »
thats just horrible..HATS of to you Sherry if you can get her! keep us posted..
can't wait till May!!!

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
Hang 'em! <IMSOMAD>

Offline Tailwind

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 07:24:01 AM »
I'm hoping she does not have an illness/disease- kinda would be afraid to bring her home and expose my other horses.
"My treasures do not click together or glitter, they gleam in the sun and neigh in the night"

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 07:26:50 AM »
Thanks to all of you that responded in reference to this poor horse.  I was away for the weekend so if anyone has heard the outcome please let us know.  I was really hoping that someone could rescue her.  I just have too many or I'd have gone and gotten her myself. 
Sherry, thanks for taking the information I gave you and running with it.  Thanks to all of you that reported it to the authorities. 

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 09:42:34 AM »
A couple of BBs on BHW are trying to get her bought and shipped east.
If anyone can help transport her fron Kinder, LA to either GA or AL, please speak up!
I really wish we had the room for her here.  She looks like a nice, sweet mare.

Beware of paranoia

Offline luvinrunnin

• Novice Member
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 09:51:23 AM »

I'd take her, if I can get her here. I am in southeast Ga. I talked to the guy. Said he'd owned her for 9 years. He trims her himself...says his BIL is a farrier, and told him how to do it. I told him I could not give him $500 as it would take quite a bit to get her healthy again. Says that she's like that because she's had a colt on her for a year.....and because the bugs are bad and she doesn't get any "rest" from the bugs.....whatever! Anyway, biggest issue is getting her here. I could meet someone somewhere......

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »
I was out of town for the weekend and just checked this.  I hope y'all can get something done for the poor mare.

This is the email I got from the guy.  He evidently has something to do with a hardware store in Kinder, LA.  If you want to know which one, pm me and I will tell you.

"I just got done weaning a colt from her, it's people like who know nothing about horses who spoil horses, and get people hurt on them"

I told him that I had seen many mares after foaling and none of them looked anywhere near that bad.  He did not tell me the colt had been on her a year nor did he say anything about bugs.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »
Well, he or anybody else has NO business even appraoching that mare with a saddle!  And since when does feeding a horse spoil them?  <IMSOMAD>
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 03:00:17 PM »
Stacie, that is exactly what I told him.  I don't consider feeding a horse as spoiling them.  He does not have a clue what he is doing!  First of off, who in their right mind would leave a colt on a mare for a year!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »
Stacie, that is exactly what I told him.  I don't consider feeding a horse as spoiling them.  He does not have a clue what he is doing!  First of off, who in their right mind would leave a colt on a mare for a year!

Nobody would, and those who do either aren't informed of when to wean, or just don't have the means to.  But still, that is no excuse for that mare to look that way, and I think everyone will agree to that.  He just hasn't been feeding her.  And she'll probably be even worse now when someone does start to feed her.  I'd be making sure she isn't knocking you over to get to the feed, I've seen some horses do that after coming from a situation where they were starved.