8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: SKELETON IN AN AD  (Read 12591 times)

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
Re: SKELETON IN AN AD
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
I agree that he has not been feeding her.  Please keep us posted as to what happens to her.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2007, 07:02:34 AM »
Wanted to bump this up.  To the girl in Georgia who wants the mare?????? What did the man say when you told him that you would not give him the 500 for her?  I think I'm going to go ahead and call him today.  I've been putting this off because I just rescued one 3 weeks ago, she good already, but was not quite this bad but close.  This does look like a sweet mare.  I've got 4 now, if I could sell one, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to go rescue her.  Just makes me sick to see them like this.   

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »
Bumping up again!!
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline shellyh1971

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2007, 02:46:18 PM »
i think i read that he took his ad off, but its still there...he just put a different picture up...with a saddle on the horse.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007, 03:10:19 PM »
Yes you are right!  <IMSOMAD>

Here's what the ad says:

This is a 13 yr old horse we just don't ride any more.She was never a easy keeper and just got done weaning colt from her, thats why shes so poor but should not take long to get back in shape. She will rope off of, work cows,ride Mardi gras, and do anything you want with her. She needs a good home where someone will feed her well and ride her. She's 15 hands high, works great with farrier, no bad habits, $500.00.

:!  He's just trying to cover his butt now!
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
And look at the picture.  You can tell he just threw the saddle on her to cover up what she looks like.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
I missed it earlier I guess, I went and looked for the ad and didn't see it.  Figured he took it off.  That is so ridiculous, you can still see the whole back bone down her butt.  What and idiot.  I'm calling him when I get off work, my mom and sister will kill me if I bring another one home.  Poor guys, they take care of mine and theirs while I'm out of town all week working.  She's just so pitiful.  I'm going to see about going to look at her and act dumb (that's not hard)  rofl  when I talk to him.  Just see what he tells me. Will keep you posted.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 04:37:11 PM »
Well, it just makes me wonder, what does the colt look like that he just weaned off her??  <..>  Good luck Memphis!

Offline amy77418

• Elite Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 04:49:02 PM »
Good luck Memphis! If you go to his house, please take someone with you  :)/\\
"Support bacteria. They are the only culture some people have."...... Larry the Cable Guy

Offline luvinrunnin

• Novice Member
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 04:39:50 AM »
Actually, this poor mare has had three foals....he seems like he's aggreable to a lower price, but said he'd take $400. I told him we'd have to negotiate on the price since I'd have to pay a shipper, etc. He didn't say that he wouldn't take less.....Poor baby. I just hate that she's still there. I've emailed him again, asking for pics of the mares legs and also offering him $250 for her...no reply as of yet.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 09:19:40 AM »
I've called this morning and left a message as well as emailed him.  Acted like I'd just seen the ad and was looking for her for my elderly mother.  Which is true....she's the one that just lost her palomino gelding unexpectedly.  She's still crying and can't stay out there and watch my sister feeding the other horses.  She needs a project like this and maybe it'd do her some good.  Hopefully he'll call me and I'll keep all of you posted.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »
Yes, please keep up posted.  I want to see this mare go to a loving home!

Offline FastnLittle

• Elite Member
  • Run With God
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »
any news?

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 12:10:31 PM »
Ok guys.....i just got off the phone with this blooming idiot and I'm going to take off work this afternoon and go buy her.  I can't stand it any longer.  I can't believe some of the stuff he told me.  He said he has bugs (what????) in his pasture so he has her "tied up with a rope in his yard cause there's some grass in his yard"  That was the straw that broke the camels back.  I talked to my sister and she's not going to kill me for bringing another one home.
Problem is he just had her coggins drawn on Monday and says it won't be back for 10 days to 2 weeks.  While down there I plan on talking to the vet that drew the blood. 
Wish me luck people, I don't have a trailer with me, I'm going in my car and will have to go back to get her, but I know when she looks at me with those big sad brown eyes, I'm going to cry to have to leave her there a day longer.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »
What the heck do bugs have anything to do with the mare looking like  (XXX)?  I hope you are able to hold your temper when you meet this guy face to face.  Are you going to take someone with you?  I think I would try to, just don't know why kind of person this guy is.  <..>