8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: SKELETON IN AN AD  (Read 12585 times)

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: SKELETON IN AN AD
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
Yeah, cause if he's never had her teeth done, he's probably never de-wormed her either.  I bet she is just loaded with them too!  Poor thing, I still can't get over the fact that he rode her looking like that.
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »
Well just spoke to the vet and they do not have the facilities to be able to board or keep her there until next week.  Even if I had worming and teeth done to her while there.  They did give me a lady's name to call that might could help me out.  Will let you all know.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:54 PM »
Keep us posted.  I hope you can find a place to put her!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »
Ok for the rest of this story that makes it seem so weird and fate. 
Not sure if you guys remember or not but in the beginning of all this I made the comment about my sister would shoot me if I brought home another horse for her to take care of.  She's already feeding 10 twice a day. 4 of mine, 3 of her own, 1 of my moms and we board 2.  Well rain or shine she's out there, cold or hot. Doesn't matter.  Anyway...I had told her about this mare and yesterday morning she calls me here at work and asks me what I was doing, I told her I was thinking about that starving mare. She said that's funny, she kept thinking about her all night and she said, "go look at her, you pay for her and I'll buy her from you" or we'll share her but let's get her rescued". She didn't have to say it but once.  Anyway then she says maybe she'll be my next "Baby Girl."  None of you know the story behind baby girl, so I'll keep this short. She was a mare that my sister owned that was sent to a trainer who ended up getting hurt at the trainer really bad.  She ended up having to sue the trainer to just get her training fees back, and the mare was taken to A& M and donated to their reproductive program.  After a year they notified my sister that she had to be put down.  They tried and tried to draw eggs but couldn't, so they opened her up and the entire pelvis was crushed, which is what was expected from all the vet visits,etc. prior to going to A&M. Anyway......My sister has been so extremely upset for several years over this she's never gotten attached to another horse.  She loved baby girl and that horse absolutely loved her and do anything for her.  One day a friend and I were practicing barrels and here comes my sister with Baby Girl.  Our horses started snorting and we looked around and she had a big blue tarp drapped on that mare from above her eyes to dragging behind her tail...it was a sight.  Anyway....I keep getting off from where this is going.  Yesterday when I looked at the skeleton mare I asked the guy what her name was and he said "GIRL".....I said girl??? and he said yeah....that's all we have ever called her was girl....I said, now how weird is that....she just might be my sisters next Baby Girl.....she doesn't rarely ride anymore, occasionally will go trail riding, but she loves to just play with them...when I told her the mares name I got so choked up and teary-eyed I could barely talk.   The story of Baby Girl was published in a 3 part series for 3 months in a row in a few of the horse magazines several years ago.  I just want to cry everytime I think of it...anyway....thanks everyone for all the kind words and thoughts about this mare....I will surely keep you all posted with photos and updates.  I'm waiting on the lady in LA to call me back and see if she might keep her til I can get her.

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2007, 02:09:31 PM »
Seems like things have a way of working out sometimes.  I hope that you are able to get her boarded somewhere.  <LUV>
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »
Well the vet can't board her nor does it look like I'm going to be able to take her anywhere else either and can't blame anyone for that.  I would be worried too bringing her in not having a negative coggins on her and then exposing your other horses to possible harm.  Well, I may just take my chances and bring her home this weekend anyway, just keep her somewhat isolated, sprayed really good for mosquitos and flies and hope for the best.  I just don't want to leave her there any longer than absolutely necessary.  If we do get her this weekend, next Monday I'll post some more photos of her for you guys. 

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »
That sounds good!  :)/\\

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »
Bless you Memphis and everyone else for their hard work in this.  This mare will love you and your sister both for all the love she is about to receive.  Can't wait to watch her get healthy again.  Please keep us updated on her progress.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Lobo

• Shawne Bug's
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 05:44:40 PM »
I've been following this thread and the effort's of everyone to get this mare out of her awful circumstance.

Bless you and your sister for taking in this poor thing.  Nothing in this world should be treated this way.

Memphis, on the other board there were some ladies who were willing to take this poor thing in until the coggin's came back.  How about posting on there to see if the offer is still good?  She need's to be away from there...like yesterday!

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.  A. Crider.

Offline farrierlady

• Novice Member
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »
Bless you for buying her.  She will more than likely appreciate you and your sister so much she will be your sisters angel.  I cried reading your post.  I can't believe the nerve of some people!  He should never own another horse his entire life!  POS

Keep us all posted and pics on her progress.

Offline Tracy Henderson

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 06:48:04 PM »
Memphis, bless you for rescuing this poor mare!!  I am so happy she is going to have a good home!

I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not, but what about taking her to a different vet to get a coggins right away?  Maybe there is one somewhere on the way back to your place that does them themselves that could pull one up for you right away?  Just thought I'd suggest that.  The thought of her staying with that nimrod even one more day makes me worry about her even more!

Hugs to you!  I can't wait to hear the updates on her!  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline shellyh1971

• Veteran Member
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 07:13:47 PM »
where are you going with the horse? I know there are 2 vets in the Cleveland/ Tarkington area that do  on site testing.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2007, 08:32:05 AM »
Memphis, thanks for the update.  We will all be glad when Girl is safely home!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »
Well I've just  now had a chance today to get on here and see that there are alot of questions that need answering...Thanks again everyone for your concerns. 
I decided last night to go ahead and bring her home.  My sons are building an isolation pen for her this morning out of some of my horse panels.  She'll be far enough away from my horses ( farther than the recommended quarantine distance with a coggins positive horse) anyway....I have only one neighbor that has horses, donkeys, etc and she's even farther from them, so I've taken the precautions.  Just wish me luck that we don't get stopped.  I'm having the coggins test faxed to me next week. The way I look at it, I'd rather put her to sleep myself (from testing positive) than to leave her there with him to lead a miserable, unsafe and abusive life any longer.  We will be picking her up in the morning.  Will let all of you know how it goes on Monday.  You guys have a great weekend.  Thanks again.

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2007, 01:57:55 PM »
be sure to take some pictures of her so we can watch her progress back to being healthy!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.