8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: SKELETON IN AN AD  (Read 12581 times)

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: SKELETON IN AN AD
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2007, 02:19:51 PM »
Good luck with her!  I hope you don't get stopped, if so, maybe you should print this post out so the officer can read it!  :cheeze:
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline JC

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2007, 03:01:50 PM »
I think you are awesome for taking this on !!  Thank God for you and your sis !! I did the same thing last year with an OLD gelding my youngest got to ride and learn on he was pitiful when we brought him home and looked awesome the day he left us for greener pastures !  We miss him he was great and I can say he had a GREAT last year of life !!  And taught my daughter so much and gave her the confidence she needed to move on !!  BLESS YOU !!  <(' ')>  (((((((HUGS))))))))
" To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world"

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2007, 12:34:47 AM »
BLESS YOU!  The Lord is with you on your trip and with that sweet mare.  Please check in as soon as you can.  We are ALL pulling for her!!
Beware of paranoia

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2007, 07:50:29 AM »
Ok....here's the latest update.  We left Bastrop (Texas) at 7:30AM and it was 2:30 when we loaded her in the trailer to come back.  We got in at 9:30 pm.....What a trip....She looked worse than she did last Wednesday...I don't think he's fed her a drop of feed.  She was staked out on a rope in his back yard.  Pitiful....Boy you should have seen her perk up when I switched out the halters and led her to the trailer.  She saw that little bit of hay I had in there for her and I had to get out of her way, she was ready to go.
You talk about a sweetheart.  She loves my 5 yr old grandson.  I don't know how many times she put her head down Sunday for him to love on her while we were hand grazing her.  We Started on her diet to recovery, almost felt like having a baby with these every 2-3 hour feedings.  We took pictures of her Sunday and I'll post them later this afternoon.  Here's the bad part: SHE IS 14 HANDS AND 700 LBS. With her size and length, she should be 15 and 1200#'s.  So believe me when you see the photos, you can tell she's 500#'s underweight.  She also had a big welp on her girth area from when he rode her "he said yeah I had the saddle pulled back and guess I pinched it". Well his dumba*s, when he rode her Wed when I was there had a neoprene girth on her (normal) then his rear girth(flank strap) was a wide roper type string girth, like you'd use on the front. 
Let me tell you, I couldn't get her out of there fast enough, I had him write out a bill of sale and left.  I didn't even waste my breath in saying anything to him, he's such a slob and he was sitting there drinking beer with a buddy of his so I just didn't even bother. I know she's going to be fine now and thank God I didn't wait to go get her a week later.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) I am sooooooo Glad you saved this mare. I hope that she has a full recovery soon! Love to see pictures! :)/\\

Offline farrierlady

• Novice Member
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2007, 08:32:16 AM »
Bless you Memphis for going to get her!  I am so happy for this little mare that she will now not have to be starved on a daily basis and treated like crap.  What a POS that guy is!

Enjoy your new horse!

Offline amy77418

• Elite Member
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2007, 08:48:31 AM »
Bless you Memphis  <(' ')>
"Support bacteria. They are the only culture some people have."...... Larry the Cable Guy

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2007, 09:16:52 AM »
Thanks RM and farrierlady......the sad thing is I'm wondering if she's bred.  She's going to the vet this week, my sisters' taking her in.  I suggested we palpate her just to make sure because he said he'd only pulled that stud colt off of her (or her out of the pasture) 4 weeks ago and he's a yearling.  Well I guarantee you my stud colt could breed her as a yearling (he's 15mos. now)  so I'm just hoping she's not, but if so, we'll deal with it, but didn't want to do a bunch of meds, shots, etc. til I find out if she is bred and how far along.  Hopefully if she is bred the vet can still tell about how far along and not be way off cause it's starved too and smaller than it should be.  
Thanks Amy too, I must have already been typing when you posted.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:18:24 AM by memphis »

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »
AWESOME NEWS!!!
THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!!

Beware of paranoia

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2007, 09:55:03 AM »
Wow Memphis!  I can't believe that she is that little!  I thought she would be taller than that, but I believe you, and agree that he probably didn't feed her. He probably thought that if you were going to buy her then why waist any more money on her....some people!  <IMSOMAD> :!  But at least you have her now and can give her the chance she deserves to lead a happy life.  Please post pics, we are all anxious to watch her recover!  <LUV>
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2007, 10:59:29 AM »
I am so glad you got her home safely.  I know she has a good chance now!
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »
Thank you so much, and keep us updated! :()&

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2007, 12:11:43 PM »
Ok.....everyone...gotta warn you, #1 I'm no photographer  & #2 She looks terrible. 

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2007, 12:13:39 PM »
Here's somemore.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2007, 12:15:07 PM »
More of Baby Girl....