8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: My 2 worst accidents on a horse  (Read 1470 times)

Offline 07PoleBendingChampionAz

• Extreme Member
  • Barrel Racer Til I Die!!!!
My 2 worst accidents on a horse
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:49:29 PM »
Just wondering if any of you had have any bad horse accidents, I've had two bad ones both horses fell on me

my first one was i just got this new horse Skeeter O Lena, awesome horse we went trail riding one day and we went down in the canyon type of deal, well to get out we had climb up a hill that was cinders all around us is cinder hills, so it was slick. well we just got to the very top and his feet slipped out from under neath him and we fell all the way down the hill. i would say my aunt said it was like a lil less of a quarter mile hill wasn't steep just slick and we fell all the way down it, lucky half way down I got out from him and fell by myself. that was bad and scary every since then I haven't gone up cinder hills

My second one I was trying out a appy mare, hasn't been rode in 1 year. so im working her cuz she had no manners at all so i was making her work and mind me. well she didn't like that. so im trotting her in circles and next thing i know im in the hospital. My dad told me the story...I lost most of my memory so i didn't remember what happened and still don't to this day...

When I was working her in the round pen she started to act up, and she flippe dover backwards on me. well when we fell my head hit a rock and my other side of my head hit a hers. put a good dent in my head too.
    well my dad and them called 911 the closest city cottonwood came out with an ambulance and they started to work on me, then they told my dad " your daugthers injuries need bigger and better help and we can't do that"
        so they called the pheonix(where i live now) a place for head injuries only and they sent a helicopter in to get me(my first ride in a helicopter and I don't remember anything about it) so i got sent to the hospital, they had a head surgion on call for me just in case, and they said I am a miracle girl, They told me I could have been paralyzed for life from the head down, and i was in there for 3 days and i still don't remember anything that happened. (except the hot peramedic guy lol)

I love my boyfriend Mitch
I Love My babies
my 2 barrel racing horses buddy and cricket bug
my two dogs skippy and reeses
R.I.P
Robert, Matt, and Jesse I will miss all three of you and love you always.
myspace.com/srhbabe07

Offline NikkiDiamond

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: My 2 worst accidents on a horse
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »
Oh man i have all kinds of storys..
 The 1st and worst one would be when i was riding the 2 year old that was hardly broke with a friend and she decided to be funny and try and run off to see what my horse would do( was her horse not mine) Well the horse exploded took off in a dead run and i couldent stop it..tried the turning its head thing well the bridle just spun around.. so the horse headed for the trees i ducked and missed them, but my long pony tail dident.. the tree caught my hair pulled me head straight back and then i got stabbed in the face with a tree limb..it went under my eye and in my forehead..so i was flipped off backwards and that slightly  fractured my hip..and at the time we were out on about 250 acres...so i stood up and had to walk to the house across all this land, and when i got back i was rushed to the emergency room.

Then i  was riding down the road from the house at the creek, i got off and was swimming..well on th eway out we had to cross over a fence string( the super thick string you use to run a fence line) well the string popped up between the horses legs and he panicked and started to spin me and him up in it..well as he spun it cut the backs of my knees and started cutting my sides( i was in a swim suit) until finally the string broke.. then i had to make it home all cut up..and go to the ER

The next one was when i spooked my old horse, and he kicked as he went to run and he kicked me in the jaw..knocked me down, then when i stood up i realized he had fractured my jaw and busted out most of my back teeth.

Oh man i have so many more storys..those are a few scary ones though.  If any one else wants to know jst ask  <DUMMY ME>
If i can just leave em standin!!!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: My 2 worst accidents on a horse
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:37:01 PM »
Nikki-  I've been on a run away horse before, it's scarry, but mine ended up fine, he found my group of friends that thought it would be funny to leave me and this other girl that was riding double with me by ourselves.  Not so funny, I would NEVER do that to another person, and would make sure to tell anyone else not to either.

Well, I guess I haven't ridden enough to have any real bad horse accidents to speak of, but I do have a story of a horse that hurt me.

I had just gone to work for this paint horse ranch, and they had about 40 head of horses and a stallion.  I'd never been around stallions before and this one is they type that they should have cut and made a nice gelding out of, because he is nasty in a bad way.

Well the trainer had called me the night before to ask me if I would be ok at the farm on my own for the next few days because her husband had been in a terrible accident and she had to travel out of state to go be with him.  I said sure, and had been shown a few times before how to turn out Cody (the stud) and didn't think anything would really happen.  Plus I had the owner's numbers and all that jazz.

I had turned Cody out and cleaned his stall, and after him being out for only a couple of hours it looked like it was going to rain.  Knowing that he didn't like rain I thought I would bring him in.  So I go to catch him and of course I'm only 5'3" and he's almost 16 hands, and has a stud chain thru his halter, and I just can't seem to get the halter on him, he keeps biting it everytime I try to put it on.  So I decide to try one last time, and if he doesn't let me halter him he's just going to have to stay out in the rain.  He was looking the other direction and when he turned to face me, he went from nice horse to killer stallion.  He pinned his ears, came at me with both his teeth and front two feet, and just tried to bring me down to stomp me.  Since I had the halter with the chain in my hand, I just reacted and reached back and threw the halter and chain at his face, and of course he bit my hand, but instead of trying to stomp me again, he ran off, and I shut the gate real quick.  I was bleeding all over the place, and really shaken up, and called the owner to tell her what happened.  But I was ok, just mad and scared at what had happened.  So my friend, who also occasionaly worked out there, came out and helped me bring him in, and of course wouldn't you know, he was a doll for her.  After that, he never gave me a problem again, and a few months later he escaped and I had to catch him, that was nerve racking.
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...