8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: UP TO $5,000 ADDED MONEY SEPT. 29th!!!!! WHARTON, TX.!!  (Read 17081 times)

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
Re: 3rd Annual NBHA Tx #34 Added Money Supershow, Wharton! Sept. 29th!
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
Estimated 2007 NBHA Tx #34 Super Show Payout                 

Estimation based on 300 entries, 80% payback NBHA payout scale, $5,000 Added split equally.       

$9,600 in jackpot, $5,000 added.   .                     

35% + $1250 = $4610   30% + $1250 = $4130   20% + $1250 = $3170   15% + $1250 = $2690
1D         2D         3D         4D     

1st   $922       1st   $826       1st   $634       1st   $538   
2nd   $692       2nd   $620       2nd   $476       2nd   $404   
3rd   $599       3rd   $537       3rd   $412       3rd   $350   
4th   $507       4th   $454       4th   $349       4th   $296   
5th   $461       5th   $413       5th   $317       5th   $269   
6th   $369       6th   $330       6th   $254       6th   $215   
7th   $300       7th   $268       7th   $206       7th   $175   
8th   $277       8th   $248       8th   $190       8th   $161   
9th   $254       9th   $227       9th   $174       9th   $148   
10th $231       10th  $207      10th   $159     10th   $135   

I thought this info above pretty much covered all of the math......I have it right on the entry forms so that there are no surprises & so that each person can look it over to decide if this is right for them or if they should just not come to this race.....it is to each their own!  Call it whatever you like this is how it will work at this show.....everyone pays a process fee & that equals the added money to the pot.

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Joleta Jane

• Veteran Member
  • My Guys!!!
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »

<KNOCK YA OUT!>

Where is the beating a dead horse icon when you need it?

:()& :()& :()&

The entry fee is $40 - 80% of $40 entry fee is $32.  The processing fee is $20.  Therefore the total amount paid to run at the jackpot is $60 - $32 is jackpotted and $28 is for the producer. 
If part of the $28 goes to the added money, then is it really added?  Or are we just adding it with our own money?  And is $20 processing fee a little high or is it industry standard? 
The Super Show last year was a good barrel race, run well, good ground and turnout.  I'm just trying to figure out the $$ part.   

You know I do believe we pay a processing fee at most of the bigger added money barrel races, don't we?  (I know I can be blonde...but not that blonde) smillis has stated very well the payout and I have never ever known her to have any hidden agenda's when she puts on a barrel race.  I can guarantee that if you choose not to come to the super show you will be missing out on exactley that....a great barrel race!!!

Happiness keeps you sweet, Trials keep you strong, Sorrows keep you human, Failures keep you humble, Success keeps you glowing....
But only God keeps you Going!!!!

Believe it, Conceive it, and you will Receive it!!

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2007, 01:17:11 PM »
4JS - Think about it, you are concerned that the processing fee is going toward the added money pot, as a competitor you should realize that added money brings in more entry fees just making the pot bigger for those of us that are lucky enough to pull a check, wouldn't you rather see your processing fee used as added money instead of going straight to the producer of the show, it is only making the payback checks to the winners bigger.  I am for that for sure!!!!  Again, people, it is simple economics!!!!!!

Put on a large show and see how many people or donors you have standing in line begging you to take cash from them to use as ADDED MONEY <$$$> for a show.  Not enough that would make the added money amount appeal to enough people to pay the $40.00 entry fee and the one time no matter how many horses you enter processing fee of $20.00  There are a lot of producers that don't even put 80% of the entry fee into the pot and still charge a processing fee and in some instances the added money was donated.  And also, YES the $20.00 is a comparable processing fee, most times it is $25.00.  I hope this balances it out for everyone. :cheeze:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:18:59 PM by Judy Ford »

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »
hey and i'm even giving up my 8th and 9th place this year to someone else in the 4D at the supershow--so how nice of me to do that  rofl  rofl now that should make every happy!! hopefully i'll be placing in the top 10 in lousiana that weekend!! i agree with ms ford, hell some is better than none!!!--we still talkin  <$$$> or?? hahaha
can't wait till May!!!

Offline 4JS

• Extreme Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
Thank you for clearing up my questions regarding the money.  I don't think that it is wrong to be curious on how my entry fee and processing fee (which I never understood the term) is divided out and the fact that the contestants are supplying the "Added Money". 

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 01:03:35 PM »
Not sure if it has been answered, but the $20 is pretty standard.  If you look at some of the other races, it is right there with the rest of them.  Correct me if I am wrong, but can't understand why this processing fee is being such a topic now, the NBHA #34 Supper show is the same this year as last year (if memory serves me right), but this year it is being questioned on everything.  The show last year was terrific, great money and prizes, and I expect it will be even bigger this year.

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 01:04:29 PM »
Hey 4JS, I have learned that to ask when in doubt is a smart thing!  As many posts have brought up, there is no "Etched In Stone" way of producing a show. :)/\\

So basically in this particular instance, $40.00 entry fee of which 80% is put in the jackpot in addition to the $20.00 one time processing fee there will be $52.00 going into the jackpot for contestants to win and $8.00 going to the producer.  Now that's a pretty dang good deal if you ask me. :()&  Not to mention the other prizes that will be given as well.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:10:54 PM by Judy Ford »

Offline 4JS

• Extreme Member
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 01:21:02 PM »
Thank you Judy Ford.  It seemed like I was getting negative vibes for my question.  Explaining that $32 of the entry fee and the entire $20 processing fee was going into the jackpot clears things up.  I wan't clear whether $8 was going to the producer or $28.  I understand completely that putting on jackpots costs money and I'm not against anyone making money, I was just wanting clarification on how the money was being disbursed.  The "processing fee" term was what was confusing me, they just should call if "added money".  I went to the Super Show last year and it was a very well run show.  And as of today, I'm planning on attending this year.   

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 01:29:20 PM »
4JS, just remember that in this instance the $20 processing fee is being included in the payout money, NOT ALL processing fees are used for that, the processing fee as I understand it is used however the producer chooses to use it, whether is be for added money, paid labor for putting the show on, ground crew fees etc, etc.......

Offline 4JS

• Extreme Member
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 01:47:34 PM »
Excellent point.  And a perfect reason why asking questions isn't a bad thing. Again, thanks for your help. 

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2007, 02:31:07 PM »
I am just glad we have someone like Shelley (and all her friends who are always by her side working) willing to put in all the time and work it takes to put on a great barrel race so we have somewhere to go! 

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
Thank you Nancy......and thank you for always being willing to pitch in & help us out!!!!  <COLOR GRIN>
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »
 :()& Thank you Nancy, you are one of those friends that is always ready to jump in there and help.  :()&

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2007, 06:12:26 PM »
Your welcome, and we are always glad to help out - I've already told the girls to be ready to set barrels at the super show!
 You were very straight forward on the flyer as to the breakdown of payout and how much would be paid out according to the number of entries.  We appreciate this as all races are not presented in such manner.  If you look at the ANHA flyer it advertises $12,500 in added money but if you read the rules the second to the very last line printed on the separate rules page is that there will be no added money if there are not 400 entries and there were only 385 last year.  I hope they get 400 because we are planning to go Waco!

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
SMillis  >:D.....Did you forget you was suppose 2 go with us 2 Louisiana so you can help with JD!!!!!!     <()>