8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Say a little prayer and some get well wishes for Shelby  (Read 6061 times)

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Say a little prayer and some get well wishes for Shelby
« on: September 28, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
Shelby Brent is having her tonsils out today.  So please lets all say a little prayer for her and send her some get well wishes.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Charlcie

• Veteran Member
Re: Say a little prayer and some get well wishes for Shelby
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:50:24 AM »
Prayers coming her way. Get Well soon. Eat lots of pop cicles and ice cream. :()& :()& :()&

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 07:53:18 AM »
Prayers for Shelbs and for the whole family!!!!!! <(' ')>

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:24:30 AM »
I know Shelby will do great and love the popsicles.  Prayers to all her wonderful family.... <(' ')>
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline C.B.

• Extreme Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 08:26:46 AM »
 <LUV> <LUV>  Hugs and prayers!  I know you'll do great and enjoy all the extra attention and popcicles. :HUGS&KISSES:

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 08:56:01 AM »
God Bless little Shelby, and make her get will quickly.  Gena and Jim Bob and family, prayers for all of you. 
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 05:23:19 PM »
Just talked to Gena.  Shelby did great and got to come home this evening.  They were on their way to go get some ice creme sandwiches when I talked to her.  Shelby had a surprise waiting for her when she got home.  She got a new puppy!  I'm sure the next few days will be a little trying, but she's doing good.  Thanks for all your prayers.  I know Jim Bob and Gena appreciate it very much.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
Talked to Gena last night and Shelby was doing great and loves her new puppy.  So glad she felt so good and hope all those sick days are behine her and her family. (((((((HUGS))))))))
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 10:21:07 AM »
So glad to hear Shelby is doing well.  That was a nice trade, tonsils for a puppy!!!  I know the Brent family is thankful this is behind them, and have more "sick free days" in the future.
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 03:24:33 PM »
 <THANK YOU!>

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 03:30:35 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the prayers and well wishes!  Being on the receiving end of the prayers and well-wishes from the board is amazing.  Shelbers is eating and drinking really well.  She's a bit groggy and grouchy (which is normal actually), but overall doing great!  Her pain has been minimal which is key.  God definitely sent down some special Angels - one in Rodeomom!  Rodeomom made Shelby's special suprise happen in time for her return from the hospital.  Shelby is happily snoring in my bed and Charlie is snoring under my desk.   <SLEEPY TIME>  Shelby calls him her "bid ole fuzzy Char Char."  They are wearing one another out with the tennis ball!  I'll take some pics and post them as soon as I can get both of them in one frame!

Thanks to Aunt Shelley and Austin for the funny of the weekend!  She really needs to tell the story on the board.  Pretty priceless!   :ROFL2: