8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: ATTN: canchasr1 & Baby Girls new home  (Read 2733 times)

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
ATTN: canchasr1 & Baby Girls new home
« on: October 01, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
canchasr1......the link you gave me for the lady that was looking for a horse for her 13 yr old daughter, well I called her last Fri and we hauled Baby Girl to her Saturday morning.  She's just outside of Seagoville East of Dallas. She fell in love with her.....her daughter has Down's Syndrome but is very active, alert, knows how to ride and this is her 13th birthday present.  Let me tell you guys, my mom, sister and I all cried....She has 30 acres with a donkey she's already made friends with.  She will keep me updated and will send pictures of her daughter riding her.  How good of news is that???? :()& :()&

And since we were already going up there to look at another horse North East of Dallas when we got done with Baby Girl we went on and looked at and found a super, super gelding for my sister.  She rode 2 and just clicked perfect with one.  They rode thru the pasture, up and down rivines, she crossed big logs on him, I mean he went everywhere she asked him to go, nice pace, easy rein and a perfect gentleman.....Black, 4 white socks, blaze and gorgeous head.  Now she's finally gotten her big horse for trail riding.....Thanks Canchasr1 for the info that gave Baby Girl a perfect new home for that little girl. <(' ')>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: ATTN: canchasr1 & Baby Girls new home
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:06:00 AM »
 >PEACE< Yay! Sounds like everything worked out!  >PEACE<

Offline Flyin' ~S~

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 10:26:36 AM »
<ROCKON> That's great!  Everything does happen for a reason!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:47:57 AM »
That is such good news for Baby Girl and your sister.  God always rewards those whose intentions are honorable and good.  Many happy trails to both!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 10:50:29 AM »
That is great news.  Congrats all the way around...
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 11:00:18 AM »
Thanks
I feel the same, everything happens for a reason.....we told the lady everything about her....everything the vet said and she still wanted her.  She had been looking for something and it had to be very special for her daughter because of her own special needs.  I said my prayers of thank you to the Lord that Baby Girl will have a great place with a special little girl to love her.  My sister told the lady she'd donate her to them if she'd pay for just part of the gas for the trip.  She had asked me how much we had paid for her and I told her $350 and had about $700 in her, but My sister was willing to just give her to the little girl.  Well when we got there and she decided she wanted her she gave my sister the $350 plus some for gas.  She tried to give it back but she wouldn't have none of that.  You know she could of just taken it back and gotten the mare for nothing.  So good things happen to those that do good things for others. 

Katy.....It was nice meeting you Saturday night.  We got in from Dallas on this trip, unloaded the gelding, loaded my mare and got to the arena.....Nice to be able to put a face with a name on here....

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 11:22:32 AM »
That is all great news.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 11:51:26 AM »
That is wonderful! Sounds like you met someone with the same big heart as you! I know Baby Girl will have a great life because of you, and you and your family deserve allot of praise for all you have done. <(' ')>

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »
Yay!  Congrats for BabyGirl!  :()& :()& :()&  Are you going to show up pictures of the new gelding too?  He sounds gorgeous!  I hope you still keep us updated on BabyGirl and her progress with her new rider.  >PEACE<
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
What a wonderful story and such a happy ending!  That just shows you that everything happens for a reason.  Baby girl will have more love shown to her than she could have ever imagined.  There's nothing more special than the bond between a little girl and her horse.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 07:43:49 PM »
Guys it almost brings tears to my eyes thinking about that little girl.....Thanks to all of you guys too that have followed this story....it's truely a wonderful feeling to know that the rescue was for a reason....there was a reason I went to the website and saw her and the whole deal just played out like a plan.  And my sister couldn't be happier too....and yes I will update with pictures of him too.  I'm sure the lady that got Baby Girl will send birthday pictures and I'll post them when she does later this month.

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 10:19:37 PM »
Thats awesome!  God does reward those with a kind heart!  Congrats on the new horse too!  We definitely want to see pics of him.
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline stormyblaze

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 10:17:20 PM »
Yes I want to see pics of the new horse too. I love black horses. It makes me think & miss my horse Storm.
My definition of a successful ride is if I'm still on the horse when he comes out of the alley