8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: NBHA World Chat  (Read 10652 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: NBHA World Chat
« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2007, 10:47:53 AM »
Looks like Jaci was right out of the money in the 2D..... Mike must have hit a barrel in the finals.   Congrats to all the TX folks!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2007, 07:44:10 PM »
Well the week started out good, but ended up not so good.  Easy did so so so well for his second big show ever.  He run 5th in the 1D, my paint was 12th in the 3D and they both got back to the finals in go round 1.  Levi & JD both slipped at the first.  We did not run either paint or Easy the 2nd round.  JD slipped at the first again and came out limpping on his stifle pretty good after his run.  Levi was 20th in the 1D and made it back.  So 3 outta 4 aint so bad at Open World.  Come time for the finals, 2 drags away from me & Levi, Ellen and Flipper came running up saying my paint horse was hanging out the trailer window.  So Mike & Easy took off after her and her head, neck, left front foot was hanging out the head side of the trailer window.  Her right foot was bent back, they thought it was broke.  Needless too say my run on Levi was not so good, and Mike hit a barrel lopped home and ran a 14.6 on Easy.  Ol paint is pretty cut up, she was not lame.  There was a rescue vet there too help Thank God, and when they finally got her out she shook it off like wow thanks guys.  He said that was a good sign. I ended up just lopping/kinda running the pattern.  But the next day she was stif and her leg is very swollen, so she needs some prayers too get better. 

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
man that is crazy, I've got mare that tried to jump the stall last time at Waco, and got her foot stuck in her water bucket. My husband had to cut everything out to get her out. It sounds like did pretty well though. I hope your horse does better, my thoughts are with you
come out running and don't look back

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2007, 09:36:33 PM »
Man Jaci! I was watching the web cast and heard Alan call for you or Mike to go to your trailer!!  Glad she is ok now.  That is scary!!  The silly appy did the same thing last year while I was at the barn unloading and I guess she thought Josie was getting too far away from her!  Stupid horses!  Hope the old man is ok, I know ya'll have had a tough time with him this year, and a bad slip ain't what he needed.
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2007, 08:47:34 AM »
Jaci forgot to add Mike re broke two ribs while pulling Misty back into the trailer just minutes before his run.  Running in a lot of pain he couldnt move with Easy like he needs to and barely tipped the 3rd and still ran a 14.6.  Mentally their runs in the short go were not focused and the horses ran on their hearts with little guidence.  We still had a blast at world and are preparing for next year already.  Any one who qualifies and does not go is missing the time of your life........
Join NBHA and go to the show of a lifetime....
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2007, 09:10:21 AM »
Hey Jaci and Mike...you you and your horses get to feeling better soon.

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2007, 09:18:19 AM »
Man, our TX26 ladies deserve a big congratulations!!!! I can't get on here on the weekends & was off Mon, so I know this is late, but I couldn't let the chance to say congrats go by. Deb made some really pretty runs (as always) and she should be sooooo proud. Jo Ellen was smokin too & should be on top of the world. Hardtimes is on her way home with a crap load of awesome stuff!! She is so excited that things worked out the way they did. She knew taking green horses was a gamble, but it paid off big time. She really deserved this, and I couldn't be happier for her!!!!

Hey I was posting first!!!! So you made it home ok? Did you see I accidently called you at 6:15 this morning? Was trying to turn of my alarm on my phone & I had a missed call from you from last night. I was panicing trying to hang it up while I was still half asleep!!!!!!

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2007, 09:57:18 AM »
Ok, so Bubba and I are so tired.  We drove till I was talking to you and filled up and got something to eat, that was just outside of Mobile and got in the trailer to sleep a little and woke up 3 hours later so we drove to Lafayette and slept another 2 hours and left there at 3am this morning, got to my house at 5, fed, took a shower and was at work at 6:30.  I could crash any moment.  I am still on my roller coaster though.  And don't worry, I wont say anything.

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2007, 10:02:18 AM »
I'm glad ya ll made it! I was worried when I saw a missed call, but it was too early to call....well I guess it did ring, but it was an accident! The stupid phone auto redials if you don't tell it not to, I guess. Anyway, I know you are so tired. Hope your work buddy didn't screw up too much while you were out! Let me know how it goes.

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »
It's not too bad here, or at least not as bad as I thought it would be.

I will try to get pictures this evening of the really cool goodies but my camera battery is dead and I couldn't find it in the trailer which looks like a tornado hit it.  I really have a feeling that as soon as I feed tonight I will be in bed so maybe the pictures will be tomorrow.  Hope all the new medicine is already working so that we can go and have some fun.

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2007, 10:25:07 AM »
I don't blame you on going to bed, you are my hero for even making it to work this morning! I almost called in, but decided to drag myself in here! LOL  Glad things aren't too messed up, I felt so bad for you having to fix everything this morning. Did you pull your new trailer to work?? I would have! Then you could have went & took a nap for lunch!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: YAY! Pictures! Definatley go take a nap first! :Cloud 9: