8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Early November 2007  (Read 11796 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Early November 2007
« on: November 06, 2007, 12:47:55 PM »
Yahooo   :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:  Ben is back on his mower!!!!    <ROCKON> <ROCKON> <ROCKON>   :TIGGER: :TIGGER:  Finally after not wanting to go anywhere, or go outside or do anything but be violent to everyone.    He has been getting better each day since the endoscope.   I called Dr Stewarts office while we were at Scott & White and told them I was going to take him off all the new stuff and go back to strictly the old stuff, Valtrex, Amantadine, Metanx, Cortef,diflucan and Vit but I was going to continue the B12 shots, didnt want to change them.   Then when his behavior turned around I would readd the other supplements one at a time so we could see what was causing his body to over load.     

What a relief seeing my boy drive his tractor  8) 8)
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 12:51:51 PM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Early November 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
Yea!  Cheer, cheer!  You go, Ben!!! :look: :TIGGER: :()&
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:55 AM »
Ive been working hard this time on supporting his liver.   Lots of garlic, onions, cabbage, the usual vegs, very little meat and Milk Thistle.   I am trying to keep him alkaline this time before I start back on the SAM-e, Co Q 10, and Memory sustain.   

I also am squeezing 2 fresh lemons a day to put in a glass of water plus put him on aloe vera juice (mix it with his carrot juice) and have him on cod liver oil too.   Have to mix that with Kefir though or cant get it down him.   

I will keep yall posted.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 01:25:18 PM »
 :TIGGER:  :TIGGER:  :TIGGER:  I'm so happy for you all  (((((((HUGS))))))))  I'm sure the stress seems to be unbearable at times. Give our little tractor driver a hug and a kiss for me, too.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 04:19:42 PM »
Well, Ben is still improving.   He has been riding his tractor everyday the last 4 days now..   :TIGGER: :TIGGER:   Yesterday, Thursday, Ben decided to start eating again.   :ROFL2:  Needless to say, he is eating us out of house and home again.     He is constantly going to the refrigerator.   So, most of the time we either give him water or carrot juice or some raw vegs, but I am tickled to death.   If he continues to do good thru the weekend we will then take him off the Nizoral and either start one of the other supplements or wait another week then start one of the supplements.   I will keep yall posted.  He doesnt much appreciate it when I put a clove of garlic, a clove size piece of ginger root, 2 tbps olive oil or cod liver oil and a cup of carrot juice and put it in the blender and mulch it all up.   I can run kelly out of the kitchen with that one.   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  I am bound and determined to get that boys body in line.   

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Uh, remind me to be busy if you ever invite me to dinnner, Tam'et!!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 05:17:48 AM »
Awwww, come on Katy, it will keep the bile coming out of your liver.     Thats good for digesting fats and proteins and even filtering your blood.   Just think, no Vampires would bother you.   :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 07:20:06 AM »
Monday morning update:  Well Ben is still in bed, wish I was  >THUD<  4 am is coming sooner everyday.   This darn time change just throws my body for a loop.   Oh, well gets lots of webwork done.   :TIGGER:

Anyway, Ben still fine.   Eating good (as of yesterday anyway).   Calm, still wants what he wants when he wants it, but so do all of us  roflmao

Going to call Dr Stewart this morning and will be adding one of the supplements back to the regimen. 

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »
Ben has been screaming at the top of his lungs all day today. His is alright if Tamet will come in and sit down with him though. Can't get anything done that way though
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 07:19:58 AM »
Geez what a day yesterday.   Ben wanted me right beside him alllllllllllllllllll day.   He was fine if I was.   Not so good if I wasnt.   He didnt want outside much.    Called Dr Stewarts office and we have added Lithium oralate back to the regime.    Interesting enough we have found that any kind of food infraction is causing him to have belly acks almost immediately.   He hasnt had that problem in a long while.   Primarily coming from preprepared stuff.   If I stay with raw or litely steamed or litely sauteed vegs he is fine.   Not sure what is up with that.   We will ad his Memory sustain back next week and we decided to keep him on Diflucan every other day and cortef everyday for a while.   

Today we are going to space out his pills about 20 mins apart and see which one is causing the dieoff that he has been experiencing (the red rash that flushes his body after his meds - he had it about 4 days last week).   Will keep yall posted.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 07:56:49 AM »
hmmmm, no culprit as to the dieoff/rash instigator.   We will see again today if we can make it raise its head and let us know which med or supplement is causing it. 

Ben went out and rode his mower several times.   He wanted me to read him some books, he has to go get them and ask me to read.   The smart fart, practically can tell you what his books say.  Anyway, he is doing a lot of hollering, sometimes in play and sometimes in aggrevation, not quit sure whats up with that.   It can be irritating though.   Have an idea it is a med or supplement causing it.   He amazes us with the things he knows that we had no idea he knew.   Like the numbers in 5s and stuff like that. 

Gotta run

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 03:22:16 AM »
Tamet left last night and Ben puked  (PUKE) his guts up. He had eaten everything in site then boy did he make a mess. I almost did myself when I was cleaning it up.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 07:50:19 AM »
I hope it was just a normal childhood reaction to "Eat everything you can get in there at once".

Poor boB you're such a good Daddy.