Weekend Warrior
Pro
Playday'er
Texan
LA, Miss, OKC, Co, NM, AZ
Anywhere Else USA
Not in the USA
Non- Rider

Author Topic: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!  (Read 11414 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:30 PM »
OK, We have soooooo many new members and I am interested to see the results of this poll! Yup, its deep and basically demographic information, but, I am interested to see who responds and what you have to say! Please feel free to talk about yourself too!

OK, me, I am 28, Married and no 2 legged kiddos, I have 6 horses and 2 foals in the oven. I am a weekend warrior, meaning that I hit the 4D/5D barrel races on the weekends when I can. I live in Texas. Jeff and I raise horses and I have one Barrel/Pole horse, one 3yo in training, and a yearling that is beginning his training to be a horse! OK, your turn!!!
:see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya: :see-ya:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:48:43 AM by Gabe's Babe »

Offline RockStarBarrelRacer

• Novice Member
Re: Who Are We????
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 07:23:45 PM »
I am 18 years old, I am female lol, I have to horses, Buddy and Cricket Bug, Cricket NFR Qualifier and buddy a 2x Champion and reserve champion barrel racer, he is still in training, i have no kids to young lol, but whn i do i want a boy and girl, I used to be a everyw eekend, I am starting to be now, but i go when i can. I have a boyfriend, he is 17 our bdays are the 30th and 31st of may pretty cool. Buddy is 9 cricket is 18, I got 2 dogs, skippy and reeses both cocker spanial dashuands. ok next!...

Offline NikkiDiamond

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 08:15:10 PM »
Im 22, I dont have any kids.. Just 2 horses, 2 indoor cats,5 porch cats and 1 chihuahua.. Love them to Death.. i'm Engaged to my Boyfriend of 6 years.. Hes awesome... I live in leander Tx i work at a Veterinay Specialty center and run  races on on the weekends, My Horse rain is a 1D mare and Tex is just starting out  but should be fast too...  I'l have kids one Day...Maybe ...lol.....
If i can just leave em standin!!!

Offline amyliz

• Extreme Member
    • General Site Services
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:57:10 PM »
I'm 33, married, no human children.  4 dogs - two are rescues, and one of those is blind (she ran into me tonight and knocked me over).  One horse, got him this summer after a 3 year hiatus I took when I got married.  The first couple of years I was married should have been the happiest time of my life but I didn't have a horse so I was actually kinda miserable! (hubby is great, not riding is depressing) Now my life is complete with husband and horse, so this summer was a new beginning for me and my little family.  I want to win the lottery and be indepedently wealthy and ride horses all day every day.  Until then, I'll continue working 8 - 5 at the title company.   :cheeze:

Offline sandlfarm

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 09:47:13 PM »
My name is Leigh Williams and I live in Alvarado, Texas.  I will be married 11 years in December and I have 2 kids (boy/girl) 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 miniature donkey, 5 horses, and goldfish.  I have pretty much rodeoed all of my life, mostly roped and tied goats.  We took on the project of adding on to our house this last year and it has been fun, challenging and a long process.  We have done most ourselves.  My husband can basically do anything so that has been nice.  I am fortunate enough to be able to work part-time for an attorney and I do social studies for adoptions on the side.  I attend the Cowboy Way Church and I feel blessed to live in the good ole USA.   <|:)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 10:40:44 PM »
82-years-old and run two horses :see-ya:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Jamee Johnson

• Extreme Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 02:11:15 AM »
I am fairly new to the group.. Im 19 and go to Tarleton.  I have 3 horses. A 3 yr. old colt, 12 yr. old mare and 21 yr old gelding that acts like a 3 yr old stud <DUMMY ME>.  My main barrel horse is my 12 yr old mare named Windstar and just got what might be a fracture in her front leg....  hopefully things will get better

Offline Freckles

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 07:10:06 AM »
I am 33 two kiddos(both boys) (little monsters). I have approx. 20 horses some babies, broodmares, one Stallion. I have a husband of nine years on Nov. 27. I have barrel raced, breakaway, goat tie since I was born. I won't say I was always good at these things but it is what I do for fun.

The two horses I am racing on OC 10 (Stud) and my three year old Fanny. Although she is just getting seasoned. I am trying to decide if I want to save her for Futurity's. Okay next :look: :look: :TIGGER:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 07:34:13 AM »
Deb~ You are not 85!!!! Shoot, you are not even over 35!!! What you talking about Willlis???  >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 08:10:27 AM »
GB - Glad you called Debhorses on that!  I was just about to say "NO WAY"  If so, want to drink from that fountain of youth! 

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 08:14:20 AM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: I had too! She looks great for 85!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: You guys, keep up the voting!!! I am very interested to see the results!

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »
I'm 32.  You guys know my name because I'm dumb enough to use it online.  (Keeps me honest.)  I live in LaPorte, TX.  Married to Jim Bob and we have one little girl, 3 yrs old(she's my angel!).  We have 3 dogs, 4 main barn kitties and several travelers.  We currently have 7 head of horses in our barn, 6 are ours.  My mother in law is my hauling pardna' and one of my bestest buddies.  I'm definitely a weekend warrier, if that.  I'm an HR Manager for a Technology Consulting Firm.  I'm very blessed as I get to work from home and I'm 5 minutes from my little girl if she needs me.  We are very blessed in general!  

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
As of today, I am 55 years old.  I am a weekend warrior.  I live in Texas, but do not consider myself a Texan.  I am from Shreveport, LA and that is HOME to me.  We have 4 horses at the moment.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 08:47:46 AM »
My name is Kerrie Long, I have 2 boys, Kolt 4yr and autistic, Pepper 2yr and a little tornado.  I live in Mansfield, TX. I have a 1D horse named Nikki....We have run some UPRA...but since my divorce (and diesel prices) I go when I can.  I also have a blue heeler named JayLo.  Also have great friends and great family.  (hi there)
Next...................
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline jenijill

• Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • pray for our soldiers
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 08:52:41 AM »
My name is Jennifer Warner, I am 35 36 next month, I presently live in the mojave desert in Ca. cant wait to get back home to TX  been married 10yrs on the first, hubby is deployed for the third time.  we have 2 horses  Chevy 4yo and Rocky 2yoright now with one more coming  on at the end of the month robin a 8yo, we have 3 dogs 2 heelers Roper and Rowdie, and an austrialian shepard Rusty.  and dont forget the rabbit named earl.  I use to be aweekend warrior and playdayer and once my other horse gets here then I will be one once again.
it is Gods responsibilty to forgive the terrorist and it is the US Military's responsibilty to arrange the meeting