Weekend Warrior
Pro
Playday'er
Texan
LA, Miss, OKC, Co, NM, AZ
Anywhere Else USA
Not in the USA
Non- Rider

Author Topic: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!  (Read 11412 times)

Offline Aggieamy

• Extreme Member
Re: Who Are We????
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 08:58:05 AM »
My name is Amy Simon, I am 27 years old from Helotes TX. I have 3 horses, 4 dogs, 2 house cats, 2 barn cats, and 2 potbelly pigs!!! I have no kiddos, unless you count the 50 or so that I teach/babysit daily! I am a high school Biology teacher and have been teaching for the past 4 years! I use to be that weekend go getter but sold my good mare 2 years ago and took a break ( :blah:) I do have a 3yr gelding from my good mare that I sold and Designer Red (On the Money Red) so I'm, excited to get him going, showing lots of heart! I can't wait to get back into going again. Before I sold my good mare, I was going to a few Prorodeo's and loved them! Well that's me in a nutshell!!!!!
The Road To Happiness is Always Underconstruction.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:10 AM »
 :see-ya:

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 11:13:29 AM »
I'm cindy, 52 yo, female, married 34 years to Bruce (Bub)(yep same wonderful man), 2 daughters-Nicci-33 & Heather-31, 2 sons-Brandon-34-Pro Bullfighter & Shannon almost 32 Pro Rodeo Pickup man & roper,2 sons-in law-Jimmy & Mikey, 2 daughters in law-Jen & Desi, 15 yo barrel horse-Sage, 3yo in training-Zip, my husband has a 5 yo barrel horse-Dodger, pair of Belgians 14 month old filly-Lady, 18 month stud-Tramp, 3 dogs-Sully an Aussie/Lab cross 14 months, JD a black 3 yo poodle-gift from my daughter, Toby a 4 yo PomPinscher My hubby's, lots of barn cats. 11 grandchildren: Ashley-12 will be 13 in January her 3 brothers, Brian-17, Ty-7, BW-18 months; Collin-7; Colton-2 1/2 yo and his sister Rhianna-5 months, their siblings from dad's 1st wife-Lance-21, Lee-12, Lawson-10,Lonna-almost 6. We live in Allegany County, Southern Tier of WNY, and our temps are running about 35 degrees today, with a blanket of snow- wanna share with me?. We run at several BR places- 3D/4d's, playdays, Rodeo's EBRA (Empire Barrel Racing Association),UBRA (Upstate Barrel Racing Associatin,Circle C Team penning and BR'ing, and yes, we run during the winter as long as we can travel thru the snow to the arena (indoors, of course!) with those little heat paks shoved in our pockets and the gloves/coats only come off just before entering the arena. I'm a data entry operator for the Dept of Social Services, which is only 6 miles from home, saves on my diesel which is now $3.50 per gal and rising.  My husband is a welder and works 16 miles from home. no cars- 2 Dodge trucks.
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 11:15:15 AM »
OK< you can take a breath now!!! LOL

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
I'm Stacie, live in Bryan, that's next to Aggieland (College Station) Texas.  I have 2 horses, Lula and Foxy (who I just got back on a trade from my 8 mo. old colt Diesel), and 3 dogs, Cheyenne, Bailey, and Zoey.  I live with my two awesome room mates Jennifer and Michelle.  I'm in the middle of my EMT training, doing my clinicals, and hopefully will have a new job by the new year!  I don't barrel race, but my friend Rachel does (Gabe's Babe) I just like to play around with my horses, mostly learning still.
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »
I am Carrie and I live in Vidor.  I have too many horses to name so I will list just my favs.  I have Dasher (sire to GB's and 1tex's colts), Uhaul (my most fav but most costly), Smash (new guy in the barn), Two Bits (newly crowned NBHA World Champion), BA (now in Virginia running with Don "Ducky" Keller), Itchy and Precious (daughters of Dasher, soon to be in Ducky's training program), 2 dogs (Tater and Lacey), a daughter (Whitney) and twin boys (Hayden and Riley-who shows at NCHA events), and a pretty good man (Bubba) who helps me to go run where ever I want to go run.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
I think you have more dogs than that!!!  :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()&

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 01:32:15 PM »
I just named my dogs.  You haven't met Lacey yet, she has blue eyes as pretty as 1tex.  Bubba has all the other dogs.  I could name them all, along with the rest of the horses, bulls, and other pets that we have but I dont think everyone has time for all that.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 01:34:08 PM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: Yu[p, i think your hands would get really worn out too!

Offline Jamee Johnson

• Extreme Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 02:21:56 PM »
GB this was a great idea!! Its cool to see who all is on here! :cheeze:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »
Thanks! I was trying to get an idea what type of audience we have!!! Just to help with some of my secret spy brainstorming.... <..> <..> <..> <..> :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline running the cans

• Extreme Member
  • Me & Legacy @ Ardmore
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 02:57:11 PM »
Hi, My name is Crystal Evans. I'm 35 and I live in Katy, TX. I've been married to a wonderful man (Brandon)for a little over a year and have a awesome 3 year old son named Trent!! I have 1 mare...a 5 year old grey by the name of Legacys Blue Lace. 3 dogs, 2 Rottwiellers (Banshee and Sasha), and 1 Australian Shepard/Newfoundland mix (Lucky).

I just started barrel racing in August and I love it!! I race every weekend that I can

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 04:24:12 PM »
My name is Jennifer Warner, I am 35 36 next month, I presently live in the mojave desert in Ca. cant wait to get back home to TX  been married 10yrs on the first, hubby is deployed for the third time.  we have 2 horses  Chevy 4yo and Rocky 2yoright now with one more coming  on at the end of the month robin a 8yo, we have 3 dogs 2 heelers Roper and Rowdie, and an austrialian shepard Rusty.  and dont forget the rabbit named earl.  I use to be aweekend warrior and playdayer and once my other horse gets here then I will be one once again.

Hey Jennifer, is your hubby a marine, army, navy, air force...all our prayers are with him and you...I have a marine son, and a son in law that's a marine. So I know how hard it is for you..you need anything let me know ..
come out running and don't look back

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 04:28:49 PM »
I am Sabra Duncan,living in the panhandle of Texas,lol. We have five children, three grown, two at home and loving it, especially the grown ones. I have a red dun mare about 6 yrs old that's is coming along real well just needs a little more seasoning, my daughter has a 17 yr old gelding that she is whooping my butt on. Right now we have about ten dogs, one dog had puppies,yikes....married 14 yrs to a very understanding man, To live with me it is a requirment.
He has a 13 yr old palomino for roping, but is a much better barrel racer, fixing to steal him. Starting mond I'm on him in the mornings lol
come out running and don't look back

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 05:30:34 PM »
Hey Hardtimes - Is the dog in your photo a Mini-Aussie a.k.a terrorist?  We've gotten one recently and absolutely adore him.  He lays in the same position your dog does, so had to ask.  Mine is currently trying to break the sound barrier (running really fast), in the house while growling at his toy squirrel.  Furball on acid!!