Weekend Warrior
Pro
Playday'er
Texan
LA, Miss, OKC, Co, NM, AZ
Anywhere Else USA
Not in the USA
Non- Rider

Author Topic: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!  (Read 11408 times)

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 05:55:07 PM »
I'm. . .(gulp) 37 years old, my name is Shelley.  I live in Santa Fe and have a 2 year old son, Austin (aka Wildman).  I have 2 geriatric dogs, 3 barn cats and 3 horses.  (need to get 1 more dog to even it out). A 10 y/o hancock bred gelding (Red), a 6 y/o bay gelding out of Doc's Perscription (Doc) and an 18 month old sunfrost bred buckskin filly (Frosty).   I work full time as an OR nurse at an outpatient hospital in Clear Lake.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:54 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:Keep it going!

Offline kbrooks

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2007, 07:46:25 PM »
My name is Keri Brooks and am 33, UGH.  I am married to Rookie and we have 2 daughters - Kylee (12) and Grayson aka Gracie (4 months)  We live in Stephenville have 2 dogs, 4 horses, 3 miniature donkeys and some goats.  My daughter does junior rodes and some barrel races.  My husband is retired from bullriding and bullfighting.  He does some roping but always makes comments that the rigging bag is so much easier to haul around than horses.  (if I attached the pictures right one is of Gracie and one is of Kylee and her friend after winning their buckles this summer.)  ok looks like I picked the wrong pic of Kylee.  Just her but still at the finals and carrying off some of her winnings.   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 07:56:14 PM by kbrooks »

Offline NikkiDiamond

• Mega Member
Re: Who Are We????
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »
My name is Leigh Williams and I live in Alvarado, Texas.  I will be married 11 years in December and I have 2 kids (boy/girl) 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 miniature donkey, 5 horses, and goldfish.  I have pretty much rodeoed all of my life, mostly roped and tied goats.  We took on the project of adding on to our house this last year and it has been fun, challenging and a long process.  We have done most ourselves.  My husband can basically do anything so that has been nice.  I am fortunate enough to be able to work part-time for an attorney and I do social studies for adoptions on the side.  I attend the Cowboy Way Church and I feel blessed to live in the good ole USA.   <|:)

This cracks me up..you didn't even forget about the goldfish.... Thats Great
If i can just leave em standin!!!

Offline NikkiDiamond

• Mega Member
Re: Who Are We????
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2007, 08:02:23 PM »
I'm cindy, 52 yo, female, married 34 years to Bruce (Bub)(yep same wonderful man), 2 daughters-Nicci-33 & Heather-31, 2 sons-Brandon-34-Pro Bullfighter & Shannon almost 32 Pro Rodeo Pickup man & roper,2 sons-in law-Jimmy & Mikey, 2 daughters in law-Jen & Desi, 15 yo barrel horse-Sage, 3yo in training-Zip, my husband has a 5 yo barrel horse-Dodger, pair of Belgians 14 month old filly-Lady, 18 month stud-Tramp, 3 dogs-Sully an Aussie/Lab cross 14 months, JD a black 3 yo poodle-gift from my daughter, Toby a 4 yo PomPinscher My hubby's, lots of barn cats. 11 grandchildren: Ashley-12 will be 13 in January her 3 brothers, Brian-17, Ty-7, BW-18 months; Collin-7; Colton-2 1/2 yo and his sister Rhianna-5 months, their siblings from dad's 1st wife-Lance-21, Lee-12, Lawson-10,Lonna-almost 6. We live in Allegany County, Southern Tier of WNY, and our temps are running about 35 degrees today, with a blanket of snow- wanna share with me?. We run at several BR places- 3D/4d's, playdays, Rodeo's EBRA (Empire Barrel Racing Association),UBRA (Upstate Barrel Racing Associatin,Circle C Team penning and BR'ing, and yes, we run during the winter as long as we can travel thru the snow to the arena (indoors, of course!) with those little heat paks shoved in our pockets and the gloves/coats only come off just before entering the arena. I'm a data entry operator for the Dept of Social Services, which is only 6 miles from home, saves on my diesel which is now $3.50 per gal and rising.  My husband is a welder and works 16 miles from home. no cars- 2 Dodge trucks.

Now Thats a family...
If i can just leave em standin!!!

Offline melon

• Novice Member
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 04:27:33 AM »
Hi - I'm Gena.  42 years young (mind over matter) very happily married 11 years.  Hubby and I build custom bits and spurs, 7 horses, 5 barn cats, 1 Aussie Newt.  Mostly 2 daughters 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.  I ride young horses and don't venture out much, but think this is gonna  be the year that i have an old seasoned horse he's four and making his first "real" run this weekend.  yippee!!! Help with the youth dept. at church very blessed to have a simple but great life.

Next

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 07:51:07 AM »
You guys are doing great!!! I just wanted to say that you dont have to give your real name or where you live unless you want too!!!  NEXT!!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
I've done this several times, so forgive the repeat.  My name is Brooke, I'm 40 years young, live about two miles from GB through the woods and am married w/ two great kiddos. Brandon 18 (roper) & Sarah (beginner barrel racer & poles)  I love to rope & try to barrel race. We have so many babies I usually miss a few, but GB will remind me! :ROFL2: Ok, here goes.... 7Mo colt out of Hardtimes stud Dasher, his mom Wrecker~ bred back for 08 foal (YEA!) Ryder ~2 yo roan, Hope~ Sarah's barrel mare, Lexie ~my new ride, Cruise~ our palomino stud, Lena~ great all around, Skipper & Katy~broodmares both bred to our stud for 08 babies, Tuff~my fav boy, Foxy~pretty yearling, Hammer~my healing horse, Contender~Hubby's roping horse(Brandon's now) Advanced Flame~our other stud (Running bred) Toby~Flames companion. We have around 35 head of cows, hogs, 5 curr dogs, 1 schnauzer Ellie, a 22 yo parrot Tarzan, at least 100 chickens and 1 alligator. I'm sure I have forgoten something, but ya ll have most of the crew anyway. WHEW! >THUD<
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:50:10 AM by 1texascowgirl »

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2007, 11:31:36 AM »
My family and animals are definitely my pride and joy!  ALL of 'em!  Thanks!  and as my hubby says- he always knows he ranks at the bottom of the list thru-grandchildren, children, horses, dogs and then maybe him....
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »
What is this a barrelholic meeting?
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2007, 03:21:08 PM »
These are the only people who understand our craziness :crazy:
come out running and don't look back

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »
What is this a barrelholic meeting?

I almost felt that way when I was typing.  Hello, my name is Shelley and I'm a barrel racer! 
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2007, 04:54:50 PM »
That is what I thought When I was reading it.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:29 PM »
Boy, i bet that would make one LONG post!!! Barrelaholic meetings 8am Mon-Fri.....Come and get everything off your chest so you dont feel guilty about leaving the family at home on the weekends to go chase cans!!!  >PEACE<

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »
 rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl
come out running and don't look back