Weekend Warrior
Pro
Playday'er
Texan
LA, Miss, OKC, Co, NM, AZ
Anywhere Else USA
Not in the USA
Non- Rider

Author Topic: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!  (Read 11413 times)

Offline rchristensen

Re: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2007, 09:27:15 AM »
I'm jumping aboard, a day late and a dollar $@&* Story of my life!  My name Ruth and I live in Azle, TX. 53 years young.  Grew up on the back of a horse (really!) I've been barrel racing since I was 12 years old, tried being a jockey on the track, did a few "lead and feed" shows. Discovered money to be made in barrels, so now am committed. It's in the blood! Am happily married to Garry Putnam. Have two dogs, Maxine (half heeler and blue tick), doesn't know if she should heel or hunt! Rudy, pure breed blue heeler. 4 horses, two that I barrel race, my  husbands rope horse and 1 that is permanently retired. No kiddo's.  Barrel race every chance that I can.  Spoiled rotten by my husband. Gets me anything that I want.  Currently working in Fort Worth for oil and gas company.  Currently joined the Saddle Up Cowboy Church in Springtown and loving it!

God Bless the barrel racers! <|:) <GABE> (+) <HAPPYTG>

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2007, 10:14:44 AM »
 :look: C'mon ya'll, I know there are more of you out there.  This is fun.  Keep going! Let's see some of the common themes are:

1. will work to pay the feed bill
2. will work to pay entry fees
3. will work to pay vet bills
and most importantly #4.  will work to provide for family!
5. will rise early to feed
6. will go to bed late to ride
7. will ride late/early to spend time w/ family

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:42 AM »
AHHH!  I will work to keep up my Horsey Habit!!!  roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

TxBarrels

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
Ok, Ok....I have been reading this post seems like...forever and I am FINALLY going to add my "profile" to the barrelaholic list!!   :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

I am 25 and live in Bellville, TX.  I have 11 horses (some owned by me and some by my 'rents) They are as follows:
Houston: 1D barrel horse than I have just started riding and am still "getting with"
Fortune: 4 yr old in training (coming along Beeee-u-tifully)
Dice: 5 yr old former paint race horse, took a detour through reining to find his way to barrel racing...still in training
Master: will be 3 this year and will be started soon
Mystic: will also be 3 this year and is being prepped for the track
Cheetah: retired barrel horse that will be bred to produce some great babies starting next year
Lucky: broodmare
Angel: broodmare
Iron Man: Angel's first cold outta Lotta Iron
"name still pending": Lucky's first baby and is GORGEOUS!

I also have 4 dogs, a great soon-to-be husband, a 3 yr old daughter, 3 yr old step daughter, 6 year old step daughter

I've been riding literally since I could walk and have been barrel racing longer than I can remember, and this message is WWWAAAAYYYY too long!  God Bless, everyone, and I'm glad to meet y'all on here. 

<EBARREL>

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 12:48:50 PM »
Hi, my name is Laura Schumann & I am from Gustine, TX. I'm 42.  I am married to Jamie (my 2nd husb.) for two years and have 3  great kids that are 16, 18, & 20. One stepson that is nearly 15 that is wonderful also. My mother is also a barrel racer and still would give me a whuppin if she could catch me--literally. I have 3 dogs, 6 cats and a mini donkey named Sampson.  I own (ummmm ok tamet, I don't want to hear it....) 11 horses of my own, and have anywhere between 4-6 outside horses here most of the time.  I am a barrel horse trainer by profession,  my husband hauls cattle to the feedlot in Kansas, and other than running barrels I love to go to the NASCAR races and am Jimmy Johnson's (Lowes #48 car) biggest fan!
I told my husband he was my only other vice besides horses and he has taken it pretty well!!!  My mother....thinks I'm crazy.   <()>
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:58:30 PM by lauraschumann »
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 03:28:07 PM »
I am Christy Smith, now of Normangee, Texas but formerly of Plantersville, Texas.  I am 31 years old, engaged (YEP!!) with 5 horses and 3 dogs.  I have a step-daughter to be that is 9.  My other half is Glenn Capps.  I am in the process of legging my horse back up for hauling this winter.  We have a 14 year old calf/barrel horse, a recently acquired mustang mare that will probably be a barrel horse, a 5 year old off at the trainer's learning to pasture rope and work in pens and I am picking up an 18 month old foundation bred filly on Saturday that will either go calf or barrels...don't know yet.  We have a saddle shop that is mobile and we try to make all the Xtreme events plus a few others. 
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 03:38:04 PM »
ENGAGED?????When the heck did that happen??? What, you lost my phone number??? Congrats!!!!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 10:17:05 PM »
ok I have managed to figure out who a few of you are....heres my info!!

25 years old  my horses reside in either Vidor,tx or Reeves,La -I live wherever my truck stops! College student at Montgomery College in conroe tx will be graduating in May with an AAS Physical therapist assistant (YAY)
 I have the most wonderful guy (5 years) although we havent tied the knot yet, we both team rope,work cows, ranch rodeos...however I cant seem to get him to run barrels with me! I also teampen and ranch sort when nothing else is going on. I have a little 10 yo short fat sorrel horse(woody) that thinks he is SEXY 2,3 or 4 d(depending on his mood) team roping horse or whatever you need to do that day!
10 yo gray gelding (blue)head horse,pick up horse, and hopefully one day a 1d barrel horse(still has some kinks)
13 yo palomino mare (pally or BIG MAMA) head horse ex bucking horse and now kid horse,lol
5 yo bay roan geld(sparkplug)pretty much a ranch gelding extremely ATHLETIC!!similar to Blue
4 yo bay roan geld (mr bones) halter broke gelded and saddle broke in early summer he had a rough start in life but he is catching back up now...rope the mechanical steer on him
3 yo bay geld (johnny Ringo) Ranch gelding like spark plug and Blue...just not quite finished
26 yo bay geld (moni) This old guy raised me so he has MORE than earned his retirement heel horse,playday horse,3d barrel horse,goat tying horse or WHATEVER horse ,lol
4 yo red dun mare(turd)_ feed eater,cant stand her,she needs to leave and eat someone Else's feed
16 yo dun mare(lacy) she raised Josh so now she is raising our niece and nephew
Dogs:goober,Rosco,Lucy,Eunice,Maggie,spanky and Macy the first 4 are cow dogs(cur) and the others are crap eaters(house dogs)
3 cats
and thats all!!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
Duh I forgot my name...what a tard!!

Calida
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline coldheart

• Elite Member
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2007, 12:36:36 AM »
Im Twila and Im to freaking old (over 30  <IMSOMAD> ) I have 6 horse's one on the way. Snoop, GoGo, Kitty Kat, Trouble, Fleet, and Dollie. I have a 7yr old daughter Bronte' and I lost my 14yr old Celie. Married to Mike for 8yrs (ugh has it been that long) just kidding. I have been riding most of my life and at this point Im ready to go pro (im waiting on my horse's) cant buy them I have to make them. Im really the only one that rides around here. Mike is more of a cattle man and Bronte' is Sloooowly riding. Celie was my main riding partner. Live in Weatherford and have way to many dogs. Anyone need one? lol I'm kinda quiet and dont want to step on toes (unless you make me) kidding hee hee
I Miss My Celie!

Find me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/verycoldheart

hardtimeshorses

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2007, 05:22:48 AM »
Woodys Mama....I knew who you were without your name   :TIGGER:

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2007, 07:29:09 AM »
yeah I figured the "short fat sorrel horse and Blue" would give it away ,lol see ya later!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2007, 09:51:00 PM »
Woody's Momma, i guess you are gonna have to introduce yourself to me!!! I am sure I know who you are....... <DUMMY ME>

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2007, 08:24:09 AM »
next time I see ya....will do!!

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2007, 12:49:27 PM »
Ok, I have some questions about the stats on this poll!! >:D  I figure right up front that Bob is in charge of the math, so there is the problem! *:o

But here goes - total # of votes = 87, female 80, %16 - so when is 80 only 16% of 87???  Plus 4 were male, so I really want to talk to the other 3 - what are you?   >SHOCKED< (Only kidding!!!)  But anywho's you get my drift, please explain the %'s, slowly, so that someone over 50 can understand!!!!!  And, nooooo, I am not blond, or my original color wasn't anyway!   <..>
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5