Weekend Warrior
Pro
Playday'er
Texan
LA, Miss, OKC, Co, NM, AZ
Anywhere Else USA
Not in the USA
Non- Rider

Author Topic: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!  (Read 11411 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Who Are We???? Trying to gather Stats for our Forum!
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2007, 06:46:55 PM »
YAY! I met Woody's Mom!
OK, about the percentages....yeah, this should have been several different polls. That is the percent over all the things that were voted on, not the individual classes of questions. But, i did not want to make 7 polls!!! :see-ya:

ez

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2007, 09:41:30 AM »
My name is Melody Parrish. I live in a small town outside of Lockhart Texas called Lytton Springs. I am 48 years old, married to Mark, and have two kids named Kassie and Kyle. I am the Management Information Systems(technology) director for Austin ISD. We own 12 horses, most are barrel or roping horses, and some do both. I have rodeoed my whole life, ran barrels at my first rodeo at age of 2. I grew up in west Texas (Rotan), and then I figured out that the wind did not blow as hard in central Texas so we moved to Lytton. I have belonged to just about every association out there at one time or another. I pro rodeoed for several years, before children. I have several young horses now, but rarely take them to a 4d. We haul our kids to YRA, TX Jr High rodeos, and TX High School rodeos, so we stay busy. Every once in a while Kassie and I get to sneak off to a barrel race >:D, but most of our time, we spend at a youth rodeo.  <|:)

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2007, 08:11:55 PM »
we need to keep this on top page!!

I think they should have an outside jackpot for those parents that HATE sitting in the bleachers all day after the youth show!! or before!!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2007, 09:11:53 AM »
 :see-ya:

aaperfhorses

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2007, 03:01:13 PM »
ok so i am 21, my hubby  is 24. Our kid is ALMOST 2-- Jan 31!! SO excited, to bad he doesnt have friends to invite to his b-day party...lol  OK lets make a graph for my horses that I own...  :cheeze:
Caddy- 5 yo
Sushi- 5 yo
Ice- 6 yo
my <3
Smoke- 7yo
Bailey- 8 yo
-- he is my wild man, never was messed with untill i bought him for $100 bucks!! I know, he is getting broke right now but so far he is a bucking bronco....he is like 16.1 hh and double bred g-son of pacific bailey
kinko- 8 yo our newest addition!! my <3
also blossom the amazing barrel racing miniture horse...i think she is like 10 yo now... not sure have to look!!
then we also have but dont own (clients horses) diablo 7yo, chico 4 yo... and thats all for now... i can start on the rest of the gang...  roflmao

Then we have dogs, godzylla (winnie dog-- shh!! don tell her!, if she finds out she really is a winie dog she will need counsiling...  :(((( )
jozie,  a blue heeler that looks REALLY scary...but isnt so scary she licks the ups man... and last is boogie...she is a austrailian kelpie/boader collie our prized working dog that never stops...whom just got out of the hospital for almost choping her leg off by a horse, but she still has it!

Then hairy, and sandy the worthless cats that dont chase the rats... (<--- that rhymes!! lol)  we have 2 kittens now from the wild cat that hangs out to "talk" with hairy...

Goats (3) Nanny, G'Ma, and Elvis... Cows we have like a whole 7 to 600 acres... I think we might be over grazing...  <DUMMY ME>

I think that is the whole herd, oh wait!! I forgot...the one ear pig!! PRINCESS!!

thats all...  oh ya we live in bastrop >PEACE<
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:10:23 PM by aaperfhorses »

Offline sabra

• Veteran Member
  • YU CAN DOOOO IT!!!!!
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2007, 03:55:50 PM »
aaper sounds like your hands are full... >THUD< >THUD< >THUD< >THUD<
come out running and don't look back

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 06:18:51 PM »
WOW, that is a lot!!!!  :see-ya: >THUD< >THUD< >THUD<

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2007, 02:19:38 PM »
bump

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2007, 02:24:13 PM »
I am Betsy Parent.  I have been living in Guy, TX since 1994.  I came from Gonzales, LA.  My hubby is Glynn Parent.  We have two children Cheyenne and Colt.  Cheyenne is in college and Colt is a freshman at Needville High School.  Cheyenne is on the San Jac Softball team and Colt is active in Cross Country, Track and Baseball.  He is starting to gradually get back into riding and would like to learn how to rope.  I have been barrel racing all my life.  I don't know how to do anything else.   :cheeze:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »
Just went through this and I have only voted! So here goes

My name is Megan Harmon and I live around Mont Belvieu. Im 18 and of course a female  roflmao . I have three horses at the time.
First up is Canyon. He is a 4 year old grade gelding. I started him myself and is following the footsteps of Cherokee. He is my fav horse at the time.

Then I have my 3 year old Stud "Cuz The Chicks Dig It" aka "Bub" I got him a year ago and he was barely halter broke. He is now loping the barrels and dog dog gentle. You can do anything on this horse, and I mean anything. He is awesome! Just ask GB. He is currently at the trainer being started on roping and he is doing good.

And last but not least is "Skips Shelley Lady" aka Shelly. She is Cherokee's mom and is currently bred to Bub. Not much to her really. Only been a broodmare so I might try and break her next summer

I have two dogs, Cinch & Zack. Cinch is an 11 month old Aussie & Zack is a 9 month old Border Collie.

I like to rodeo as much as possible but Money sometimes is an issue. lol

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2007, 01:48:59 PM »
I love the pictures!!!! :see-ya:

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2007, 11:12:54 PM »
bump bump bump bump bump
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2007, 07:19:39 AM »
hello my name is Deborah Barnes, im 43 as of the 27th , im married to a wonderful man, have a 26 y/o daughter and a 8 y/o grandaughter i just recently moved to thicket tx , back in the woods hubby works all over and we got here by the way of a permanent job a good offer we couldnt refuse , im orignally from oklahoma and then de kalb tx , been all over with him working ran upra this past yr till my mare got down and she will be back soon got 6 horses one down, 1 going hes a awesome 1 ,2 d gelding and 4 that are started on barrels . poles and one is a rope horse and so is the one i ride, been riding since i was big enough to sit up there ran rodeos since i was a small child, love it dearly, just got into the 4 ds a few yrs ago and like them as well but love going to a good rodeo,im new to the area and would love some input on things going on and how close to me , arenas that  are close , what district nbha to join , all the good stuff, back home i was about 5 miles from the nearest arena and rode there every day now i do my training at home but no arena, i also do body balancing on horses as well makes them feel good and work better for ya...oops almost forgot rowdy my min. dashound
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2007, 08:14:08 AM »
Hello, My name is Marcy 36 soon to be 37 yrs. old, I live in Port Barre, LA.  I have 2 children, my daughter Mara -17 and a son Bailey -11.  We have 4 horses.  Been riding my entire life, but just got into barrel racing 2 yrs. ago and love it!  Mara and I both ride, but Bailey prefers 4 wheelers to horses.
Horses:
Annie- my mare 7yrs old and the apple of my eye. solid black and sassy as they come! She will never be more than a 4D horse, but she is a blast to ride and I would not trade her for anything in the world!! Will stop running her in 2009 so she can have some babies for me.
Swayback Payback aka Max- 3yr old tried on the track but didn't make the cut so I'm in the process of introducing him to the arena. yes, he is swayback and I'm convinced ADHD also! LOL
Drift-Mara's 2yr gelding coming  along great
Lil Lonesome Dog aka Dog - 3yr geld. seems to have turned into my dad's pleasure horse?????
2 blue heelers (Dixie & Tops), 1 old boxer (Wrangler)
Cats have all run away thanks to Tops and Dixie
Live each for my beautiful children and my Annie
The best things in life can not be bought, sold or stolen.  They are the memories in your mind and the love in your heart.  Always believe in yourself!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2007, 08:20:33 AM »
I have to add that I did bring home tow kittens last week...Sweet Pea and Spot. Both are cute and female...Tiny though!!! They let me see them last night, but, I still cant touch them yet!!!  >SHOCKED<