8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Pray for my brother!  (Read 4155 times)

spazzyjazzy

Pray for my brother!
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »
Please add my brother to your prayer list.  We found out last week that his cancer has returned.  10 years ago he battled medullary (sp?) cancer in his thyroid and had to have it completely removed with radiation treatment afterwards.  Now the same medullary cancer has been found on his liver.  There are not many treatment options for this type of cancer.  He will be included in an experimental drug program at MD Anderson starting asap.  Please pray for him and his family as well as my elderly parents who have taken this news really hard.  Thanks.  MaryAlice

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Pray for my brother!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:02:53 PM »
Lord, we entrust this family into Your healing hands.  Please give them extra courage and strength to make it through this new developement.  Please surround them with Your love and comfort as healing takes place.  In Jesus' name, Amen.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
Lord, we entrust this family into Your healing hands.  Please give them extra courage and strength to make it through this new developement.  Please surround them with Your love and comfort as healing takes place.  In Jesus' name, Amen.
Amen
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 07:09:57 PM »
Thank you!  Please keep us in your prayers.

Offline Frankie

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))

spazzyjazzy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:51 PM »
Update...my brother begins his treatment at MD Anderson this Wednesday.  There is only a very small test group with this "experimental" drug but the results have been very good so far so we are praying that this will help him as well.  The drugs are in pill form and seem to have fewer side effects than the traditional chemo or radiation.  That is all good.  He did tell me that 100% of the test subjects had all...ALL their body hair turn white.  He said that will take some getting used to:)  Given the alternatives, that is a small thing!  Please pray for him as he will be required to stay in the Houston area (he lives in OKC) for daily checks and to receive the pills.  He will be alone during these stays and I need your prayers so that he will not feel alone.  With the holidays approaching, that can be a hard thing away from his home and family.

Thank you for your prayers.