8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please keep Millicent Barnes and family in your prayers  (Read 16337 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Please keep Millicent Barnes and family in your prayers
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 08:58:30 AM »
Thanks for the info. Anyone have updates? Many prayers for a speedy recovery.  <(' ')> (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Barrel Turner 3

• Novice Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 09:05:14 AM »
I spoke with Richard last evening ... all I got was that she went in for surgery at 8 am on Saturday and got out at 1 pm . I will update as I get more info .

Offline amyliz

• Extreme Member
    • General Site Services
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 09:05:45 AM »
Oh my!  Prayers for Millicent.
 <(' ')> <(' ')> (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline kateys

• Novice Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
Okay, I am Millicent's daughter Katey. She is doing better after her surgery yesterday. She had two plates and two pins put into her left wrist and one plate put into her right wrist. She is now talking more and we have been going to see her every hour we can.

She is still in Trauma ICU at Harris Methodist in Fort Worth, but she will be moved probably as soon as a room becomes available. They did an XRAY of her neck today and they said that it is probably fine and her nose is broken but it is a straight break so she will not have a crooked nose.

Thank you for all of the prayers and we will update whenever there are any changes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:14:26 PM by kateys »

Offline JC

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 04:14:07 PM »
Thank you Katey for the update ! 
" To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you might just be the world"

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 04:19:52 PM »
Thank you for the update! Your Mom is still in our prayers!  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline kateys

• Novice Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 08:20:03 PM »
We went and saw our Mom again today and she was having a bad afternoon and was still in pain. Hopefully she will have a better day tommorow, and is looking forward to a private room so we can stay with her more and her friends can see her.

Thankyou for all of your concern and prayers, again, and all help is appreciated.

Offline Mary Lyn

• Extreme Member
  • I feel blessed everyday, with all I do have :)
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 09:27:20 PM »
Many prayers & wishes for a speedy recovery (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Lyndia Cotton

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 09:44:09 PM »

Oh my gosh!  Millicent we are keeping your in our prayers and will put you on all of our church prayer lists.  You are one tough lady and I know that you will bounce back from this as you have from other challenges in your life.  You know if any of us can help you - just give us a call. 

"Dear Heavenly Father, we ask that you just watch over Millicent, her children, family and all those that know and care about her.  You are the great healer and we ask for complete healing and a speedy recovery for Millicent.  It is in our Holy Savious name -  Jesus Christ's - that we pray.  Amen & Amen.

We love you - But God loves you more!

Lyndia Cotton - and all the crew at LCI.
"Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other."

Offline melon

• Novice Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 12:45:47 AM »
Many prayers to you and your family.

Offline coldheart

• Elite Member
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 01:15:38 AM »
OMG I just went on and saw this, Im really glad to hear she will be ok. Please let her know Im thinking of her and if if ya'll need anything please let me know!!!
I Miss My Celie!

Find me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/verycoldheart

rodeogirl2007

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 07:32:32 AM »
Millie, I am keeping you and the girls in my prayers!  I know that you are a fighter and that you are going to bounce back from this injury.  You are in God's hands and he is going to take care of you.  I was so worried when I got the phone call from Richard late Friday night.  I felt so bad because I normally come and watch you run at Northside and the one time that I didn't this happens.  Not to say that it wouldn't have happened if I was there but at least I would have been able to be there with you to let you know that everything would be alright!!!!  I wanted to come and see you on Saturday but was told that you were still in ICU and that no visitors except immediate family were allowed.  I was looking forward to pulling to Belton with you yesterday.  Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you and the girls as I am just a phone call away.  Remember that you are a child of God and he is watching over you!!!! <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:34:51 AM by rodeogirl2007 »

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 09:14:42 AM »
Her horse ran down the alley and the gate was shut.  Chicks tried to jump the gate.  Her front end made it over the gate but her back end hit the gate.  This threw Millie to the ground and she tried to brace herself with her arms which is what broke them.  Chicks' rear end was hung on the gate and when she came loose and got up she stepped on Millie a few times and took off running down Exchange St scared, she had to be roped.
I went with Joe on Sat to pick up Chicks and she had no cuts at all.  Just a little sore and probably needs an adjustment.  She was running and bucking by the end of the day.
She is still in ICU, I went to see her last night.  She's still feisty!!  But forgets where she is from time to time.
She's got two wonderful girls and lots of friends.  I have no doubt she will be up and about soon.
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Aggieamy

• Extreme Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 09:20:45 AM »
Many Prayers and a speedy recovery  <(' ')>  <(' ')>  <(' ')>  (((((((HUGS))))))))
The Road To Happiness is Always Underconstruction.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 09:25:03 AM »
Thats so scary. I am so glad that the horse had minor injuries and that Millie is on her way to recovery!  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))