8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Please keep Millicent Barnes and family in your prayers  (Read 16336 times)

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
Re: Please keep Millicent Barnes and family in your prayers
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 10:17:33 AM »
OH MY GOSH!!!   Katey!    We are praying for you all!   Your mom is tough!!!    Tell her Tysh said get well soon!!  I need her to keep me laughing about me having TWINS or something! ha ha   

She just showed me her leg the other day at Rendon...   and I told her she was tougher than I am!   And dang if she isn't!!

Let us know when she gets her room!!!

Offline Jan Sigler

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2007, 12:08:55 PM »
Thanks for the updates, we all love Millie and her girls.
Hope to see ya'll soon.
Jan

Offline Bar_76

• Novice Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 02:18:13 PM »
Many prayers for a speedy recovery!

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 07:14:00 PM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))lots of hug and prayers for Millicent. I have known her for quite awhile and she is a very wonderful and thoughtful person.Please let us know if there is an address where we can send her  a card or anything else she might need. hope she has a very speedy recovery.

Offline kateys

• Novice Member
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
Okay a couple hours ago we went and saw my mom and she was actually pretty alert and is really wanting out of the ICU, and the doctors say if she has a good night that they will put her on the list for a room.

Also we found out last night that my mom did not actually break her nose, she broke a bone right underneath her left eye which has caused her left eye to be alot more bruised than her right. They can't do anything for this break because it is not a huge fracture and the location of the fracture is not treatable.

Right now our grandmother, my mom's mom, is staying with us and she will be here until my mom gets home and is settled.

Nothing major has changed since my last update, but I realized that everyone would be worrying so thats why this update is not as long.

By the way, thanks for all of your prayers and concerns for my mom and our family!

---- Katey
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:17:55 AM by kateys »

Offline KDavis0511

• Novice Member
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2007, 10:06:52 PM »
I bought a horse from Millicent too, Bootsie. I hope she is okay, she is in my prayers!

Offline Charlcie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2007, 06:25:35 AM »
Millie, We will keep you in our prayers. You will bounce back quick, cause you are a touch lady.  (((((((HUGS)))))))) Get well so you can come back and have fun.

rodeogirl2007

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 08:01:14 AM »
Millie called me this morning at 4:37.  She is doing better but is ready to get out of the ICU and get her own room.  She sounded like she was in good spirits and thinks she is going to get her private room today.  I am going to go and visit her today after work and will give an update on how she is doing.  Please keep her, the girls and her entire family in your prayers!  :see-ya:

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2007, 10:40:33 AM »
Millie- Good Luck! Prayers for a speedy recovery!  and for the girls to keep strong.
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline caglecowgirl

• Novice Member
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2007, 12:09:56 PM »
Katey - My thoughts and Prayers are going out to your Mom and you girls...  If you need anything, give me a call - you have my number.  Tell your mom she was missed by Team Win$More this weekend..

Robin

Offline Coaster

• Extreme Member
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »
I went to visit Millicent today,  but I got there at 10 minutes after 12 and the the visiting hours ended at 12 but will start again at two.  So needless to say, I didn't get to see her.  But I did talk to her and she's supposed to get in a regular room today. I aksed her if she needed anything and she said "Food", I said "Like Candy?"  and she goes "no, just food" So if anyone heads that way I know she must be pretty tired of hospital food, so you might take her something yummy to eat.

Offline kateys

• Novice Member
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »
Okay, I just got home from the hospital and my mom is now in a private room. She is still at Harris Methodist FW. She is doing much better and seems to be happier because we can visit her anytime. Thankyou again for your prayers and support. I'll keep you posted. Thanks Again!

Katey
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 06:33:18 PM by kateys »

Offline Runninbarrelsntx

• Novice Member
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 07:27:27 AM »
MAny prayers for a speedy recovery! (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 08:45:27 AM »
Went to see her lastnight.  Wow!!!  what a differance from Sunday!  She was really alert and talking good.  Except for the fact that she's pretty banged up, she's the same ol Millie.  She ate some soup Joe took her.  She wanted to say Hi to everyone and thank you for you support.  The girls have been great.  She hopes to be out my Thur or Fri.  As for Chicks, she's off to a trainer for about a month.....for her will be a long one.  Chicks is also still fine.  Nothing wrong with that tank of a horse! 
She's in great spirits and giving the nurses hell!!!
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline Jan Sigler

• Elite Member
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 10:35:27 AM »
Millie, I'm sure going to miss you at Rendon tonight, get well soon.