8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race  (Read 10198 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
yes, you have to have a stall... the stall fee is for the entire barrel race.. wed, thur, fri... (where would you tie your horse without your stall?)  yes, you have to have current coggins and health cert (within 30 or 45 days) even in state..  Dont let these little obstacles get in the way!  this is going to be a super jackpot! did anyone notice the $17500 added? and prizes!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:52:56 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »
Man, I wish it was not during the week. I wont be able to get outta work to go!!!! Oh, well, you guys have fun!!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »
Remember guys...this is part of a major stock show, I have been entering Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo & or Ft. Worth Livestock Show & Rodeo in the AQHA events since I was a kiddo running in Youth AQHA classes.  Part of running at these shows will be coggins, health certificate,  buying a stall, running on a week day or evening.  So, even if you live local...just like us for the Houston shows...you have to have a stall so there is a safe area to tie your horse during the show.

This is our big chance to open up all of the stock shows in Texas to the divisional barrel race concept that barrel racers of every level can enjoy and participate in & have a chance to win.  I hope we can go in there and show the nice folks at SALE (San Anotonio Livestock Expo) how to put on a great barrel race that will be postitive for everyone! 

There are some very nice folks that I have met over the last few years in South Texas that are giving me lots of great information from the local folks that have participated in the years past in the Open 4D/Youth 4D Barrel Race that was held in conjunction with the SALE futurity. I really appreciate the positive suggestions, information, and feedback from you guys...THANKS!!! We have spoke with lots of folks from the area (from pro hauler to weekend 4D warriors) and they are very happy about the $17,000 added money & prizes!
 So, if you have questions call the nice folks at the SALE office 210-225-1309 or you can call me personally 409-457-1268.   
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2007, 05:05:16 AM »
did u say $$ and PRIZES?? i like prizes :TIGGER:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2007, 07:59:54 AM »
Money and Prizes, woo hoo, I'll be there  <ROCKON>

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Getting closer to head to San Antonio, brrrrrrrr, bet it will be cold there

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 07:24:28 PM »
NAH its not gonna be brrrrrr in San Antonio.....  its gonna be HOT!!  and if the weather doesnt cooperate there are always margaritas !!!!!!!  ( daiquiri for me... no tequila ) you know there will be meskin food for sure!!!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:59 PM »
NAH its not gonna be brrrrrr in San Antonio.....  its gonna be HOT!!  and if the weather doesnt cooperate there are always margaritas !!!!!!!  ( daiquiri for me... no tequila ) you know there will be meskin food for sure!!!
Si, Yo Habla Margarita......Usted No?  Too bad.......... <()>
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »
no mas tequlia aqui!!!

Karol

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »
Thanks for trying to help SALS, but, it is ridiculous to require a stall if you are only going one day and you have to have the stupid parking pass and gate pass.  I stopped going to the livestock shows a long time ago due to all of the stupid fees...and if my memory serves me, the stock show is not in the best part of San Antonio.  Sorry but I won't be able to make it, $69 for a stall for only one day and the $60 entry is just too much for me.  These livestock shows might be fun to a lot of you, but it is always a pain in the B*&& to get on the grounds and to get off of the grounds.  There are too many chiefs working on the committees and most of them have no clue what they are doing.  I will stick with the straight up barrel races that don't charge you an arm and a leg to enter.

Good luck to those of you who choose to enter!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 10:43:31 PM »
Hopefully we will bring home a great chunk of that $17,000 added money & will not worry about the stall/entry fees!
 <ROCKON> :)/\\ 8) :look: :TIGGER: :()& :cheeze:
I usually enter Houston Livestock Show or have entered Ft. Worth Stock Show b/c I like the stock shows (at least once a year!) so I figure this will be a good bet with the added money they have to put up.......I know that we all have our likes or dislikes about different fees/shows/rules, all we can do is put the best show on we can for these guys & hope it works out great for everyone.
I guess as long as we have people willing to put on shows, barrel races, rodeos, etc.....we will have someplace to go run our horses. Thank goodness for all of the people that do produce all of the variety of places for us to go run.....I remember (not that many years ago!) when we did not have such a selection of good places to go run.

I will be in Conroe at the Xtreme show on Jan.1st & then we will be in San Antonio on Jan.30-Feb. 1st, 2008.......see lots of ya there!!!!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 12:28:41 AM »
Good job Shelley - getting our foot in the door at the Rodeo.  And LOTS of added money and prizes!!!  PLUS, even with the few extra fees...it's cheaper to go to than some of the other big barrel races in which the entries are enourmous and your chances of winning are almost zilch.  THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!  SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING!!!
"Your sin prompts your mouth; you adopt the tongue of the crafty."  Job 15:4-6
"Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit." Psalm 5:8-10

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 12:29:46 AM »
Debhorses - another road trip!!!! :TIGGER: :TIGGER:Yea Hah!!!! :look:
"Your sin prompts your mouth; you adopt the tongue of the crafty."  Job 15:4-6
"Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit." Psalm 5:8-10

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 05:45:14 AM »
Debhorses - another road trip!!!! :TIGGER: :TIGGER:Yea Hah!!!! :look:

ok well u know how to wake an old person up..just hollar road trip  :TIGGER:  i beez there!!

but let me say this>>>> According to the entry form in front of me, and if my eyes are serving me correctly...the stall fee is $45.00 per horse, not $69...so there already we have saved $24.00 to go eat meskin food on!!!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 05:55:48 AM »
SOUNDS LIKE ALOT OF GOOD MONEY TO ME AND ITS NOT TO FAR AWAY...ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS HUBBY TAKES THE DUALLEY TO WORK AND MY OTHER TRUCK WONT TAKE THAT KINDA TRIP AND IF IT DID I WOULD BE OTTA LOT OF MONEY WITH THAT 454 PULLING THE BIG TRAILOR,  :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...