8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race  (Read 10196 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
I agree thamesranch but they do it.  I went to the All American Congress with Chey and it was $ 100 to park the trailer on the grounds and $ 100 for a temporary stall!  Thank goodness we were reserve champ!!!  Won $ 90 though!! 
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline texas trouble

• Novice Member
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 08:13:13 PM »
O.K.  Cant keep my big mouth shut any longer!  To all the whiney girls who are concerned with paying a $45 stall fee.. doesnt that break down to $15 per day?  How horrible to pay that much for a safe place to put your horse!!! *:))*  with all the activites going on within a stock show i.e. kids, people who don't know one end of a horse from another, everyone wanting to pet the horsey, with balloons, strollers and all things inculded!

And having to pay for a parking pass?  Oh my $24?  I guess it would be cheaper to rent a cab in San Antonio to bring you to the fairgrounds.. Oops maybe not last time I rode in a cab it cost $20 to ride about 6 blocks.

PLZZ, PLZZ everyone who is scared of attending because of the extreme cost??  STAY HOME!!  The way I have it figured they WILL add the $6000 each day.  That breaks down to $1200 per D. I hope only 4 or 5 people show up!  I will surely be one of them! They will have to give those checks to someone. I"LL TAKE ONE! Thank you

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 08:29:36 PM »
 >SPIT<  <FREAK> >MOO< <GOTCHA>  Dang TT well said..  I will be one of those standing in line for a check also...... I hope.....
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »
Ok first off I'm not whinning here......when I brought up the stall issue it's because I've never been to this livestock show other than as a spectator at the rodeo....I would not  be leaving my horse at the trailer while I was off galavantlng....I would come in, saddle, warm up, make my run and leave.....that's what I do most of the time unless it is a 2 day where I have to stay.....soooooo.....that's what I was wondering about.   Since some of us have never been there before we'd like to get a heads up as what to expect....and it's appreciated when you guys that have been can answer questions without accusing some of whinning.....I don't care what the fees are, if I want to go (and I plan on going) I'll pay whatever the fees are....so my next question is this....when you check in, and you put your horse in the stall, is there no place close to park your trailers to saddle? or do you have to walk or carry or however you can get it up there your tack or is your trailer parked a mile away to take your horse to in order to get ready?????

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2007, 08:50:26 PM »
Hey Memphis look forward to meeting you in SA!!  I believe you will need to take whatever you need out of your trailer..  I remember the trailer parking was a "good" walk in the back.  I think you park your truck kinda close to the arena, but it was 97' last time I was there.    A bunch of us will get a tack stall when you split it 4,5,6 ways its well worth it!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:55:01 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »
Hey Memphis...glad you plan on attending & I do not blame you for wanting all of the important info!!! 
Please call 210-225-1309 tomorrow or anytime during the week.....the girls in the Horse Show office at San Antonio are very friendly & helpful on all of these logistics questions.  The one I have worked with mostly is Sarah Motal but any of them would be helpful I am sure!

I know when we ran at Houston or Ft. Worth Stock Shows, you pull in, check in, unload horses & stall them, go to seperate trailer drop off area, then drive truck back to arena/barn area.  You can either unload tack at time of return or when you bring your truck back to arena/barn area.  It sounds like the same set up. Hope that helps!  :cheeze:
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »
These fees are nothing.  Try paying the money to run at NBHA Open World in Augusta, or the BFA Futurity in Oklahoma City, or the BBR Finals in Oklahoma City.  You know we will be there!!!!  Can't wait, I get to do more shopping  :TIGGER:
And I LOVVVVVVE 2 do that  8)

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2007, 09:17:46 PM »
Ok thanks you guys......I think I've got the picture and have had to do that before....I don't mind getting a tack stall if I know ahead of time to do so....I'll call them tomorrow.  
When you want to go run bad enough the fees and all the inconveinences (is that spelled right) doesn't look right  rofl.  don't really matter....heck my mare's probably not even ready for it but what the heck....if I'm going to lose a small fortune for just taking off work, may as well lose some more in entry fees etc....to have some fun.... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: roflmao roflmao

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2007, 09:19:05 PM »
Good job Shelley - getting our foot in the door at the Rodeo.  And LOTS of added money and prizes!!!  PLUS, even with the few extra fees...it's cheaper to go to than some of the other big barrel races in which the entries are enourmous and your chances of winning are almost zilch.  THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!!!  SOMETHING NEW AND EXCITING!!!

Thanks TxBoss....I am glad you are coming.....we love the Tx26 folks, yall are ALWAYS friendly & helpful!!!!!  Great group to hang with!!!!  <ROCKON>
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2007, 09:22:12 PM »
These fees are nothing.  Try paying the money to run at NBHA Open World in Augusta, or the BFA Futurity in Oklahoma City, or the BBR Finals in Oklahoma City. 

Oh J-Berb you are very correct!!!  And ifn you aint the 'big dogs' you more than likely dont see any return on you money.. I think my 'vacation' last year in Okla City at the Juvenile Futurity cost total $1000 for a whole week of freezing my butt off.. (and I didn't even get a picture!)  or a kiss for that matter

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »
Ok thanks you guys......I think I've got the picture and have had to do that before....I don't mind getting a tack stall if I know ahead of time to do so....I'll call them tomorrow.  
When you want to go run bad enough the fees and all the inconveinences (is that spelled right) doesn't look right  rofl.  don't really matter....heck my mare's probably not even ready for it but what the heck....if I'm going to lose a small fortune for just taking off work, may as well lose some more in entry fees etc....to have some fun.... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: roflmao roflmao

Just leave the barrels up Memphis.....you know it is anyones game from there in a 5D....right?!?!?!  I bet we will have fun...that is for sure!!!  Just come hang with us for Mexican food after barrel race!!!!!  (woohoo)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2007, 09:23:48 PM »
SHHHHHH don't tell them we gonna eat meskin food!!!!

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2007, 09:28:23 PM »
Oh we leave them up just fine Shelly....just got to light a fire under her tail.....we'll be ready.....going to try and go to Conroe on the 1st too.....in fact have several to "practice" at before the big one in S.A.  :TIGGER:

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2007, 09:32:55 PM »
Hey Memphis~
Don't forget about STBRA, you promised you would come to some.  Heck, you can get some practice runs in before San Antonio. Check out stbra.org!!!
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
i think i just got home from georgia and WBR
can't wait till May!!!