8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race  (Read 10199 times)

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrel Race
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2007, 09:42:55 PM »
I know.....I saw one that yall are having on Feb 3rd.  Any before that on a Saturday?  I have to travel back to Port Arthur on Sundays so can't run unless I can get back to Bastrop and hit the road by 5pm....so that's a little hard.

Offline The Berbs

• Elite Member
  • Sun shines on a Dogs @$$ once in a while!!
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »
The last year we went 2 OKC we like 2 have completely frooze 2 death.  Our truck wouldn't even start hardly, our water hose was frozen, and the Steinhoff's trailer wouldn't even get warm.  So yeah, it gets 2 cold for me up there!!!!  Mike made fun of how fuzzy Bud was, and how nice and shiney JD was.  But when we got their, I was like lol bet you wish JD was like Bud now.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »
I let me ponies get a little fuzzy this cold snap....I just can't trip out trying to keep them Summer slick this Winter....they will be more comfy at the barrel races when the blankets are off and it is chilly too!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »
I agree!!
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2007, 01:36:29 AM »
SHHHHHH don't tell them we gonna eat meskin food!!!!

Now, where in the world are you going to find meskin food in SA??   :lalala: roflmao roflmao
"Your sin prompts your mouth; you adopt the tongue of the crafty."  Job 15:4-6
"Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit." Psalm 5:8-10

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2007, 01:38:14 AM »
Memhis - my office is in Port Arthur..    What are you doing in PA??
"Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit." Psalm 5:8-10

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #81 on: November 28, 2007, 01:39:37 AM »
I let me ponies get a little fuzzy this cold snap....I just can't trip out trying to keep them Summer slick this Winter....they will be more comfy at the barrel races when the blankets are off and it is chilly too!

I agree!!

Offline TXboss

• Mega Member
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2007, 01:41:17 AM »
J-Berb - I haven't had a chance to look at the BFA draw in OK.  Are you guys going?  We are leaving straight from Cajun Classic on Sunday and heading to OKC.

Karol

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2007, 09:51:39 AM »
O.K.  Cant keep my big mouth shut any longer!  To all the whiney girls who are concerned with paying a $45 stall fee.. doesnt that break down to $15 per day?  How horrible to pay that much for a safe place to put your horse!!! *:))*  with all the activites going on within a stock show i.e. kids, people who don't know one end of a horse from another, everyone wanting to pet the horsey, with balloons, strollers and all things inculded!

And having to pay for a parking pass?  Oh my $24?  I guess it would be cheaper to rent a cab in San Antonio to bring you to the fairgrounds.. Oops maybe not last time I rode in a cab it cost $20 to ride about 6 blocks.

PLZZ, PLZZ everyone who is scared of attending because of the extreme cost??  STAY HOME!!  The way I have it figured they WILL add the $6000 each day.  That breaks down to $1200 per D. I hope only 4 or 5 people show up!  I will surely be one of them! They will have to give those checks to someone. I"LL TAKE ONE! Thank you

First of all, for one day that is too much money, whiney or not!!  I have been to many stock shows in the past 20 years and they are just too expensive for ME! ...too many requirements (i.e.stall, parking, admission). I can go to a closer race and not spend as much in gas/diesel and be just as happy. I don't have $129 plus fuel costs to make only one run, which is all I would be able to do.  This is JMO! 

I wish all of you who attend the best of luck. 

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
$129 for one run is still cheaper than some barrel races just for the entry fees.  With that $129 I get lots of other things like shopping and walking around on the fair grounds and watching other events and my run.  I know it is not for eveyone that is why we can pick and choose to go to what ever we want and I want to win money!!!!!!!!!
$1200 added per D makes it very interesting to me and my group!!!!
Good Luck where ever you go and remember
Sun shines on a dogs $%S every once in a while
Quote from a famous arthor.....
Let that sun shine on the south Texas Rowdy Bunch
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2007, 10:23:50 AM »
O.K.  Cant keep my big mouth shut any longer!  To all the whiney girls who are concerned with paying a $45 stall fee.. doesnt that break down to $15 per day?  How horrible to pay that much for a safe place to put your horse!!! *:))*  with all the activites going on within a stock show i.e. kids, people who don't know one end of a horse from another, everyone wanting to pet the horsey, with balloons, strollers and all things inculded!

And having to pay for a parking pass?  Oh my $24?  I guess it would be cheaper to rent a cab in San Antonio to bring you to the fairgrounds.. Oops maybe not last time I rode in a cab it cost $20 to ride about 6 blocks.

PLZZ, PLZZ everyone who is scared of attending because of the extreme cost??  STAY HOME!!  The way I have it figured they WILL add the $6000 each day.  That breaks down to $1200 per D. I hope only 4 or 5 people show up!  I will surely be one of them! They will have to give those checks to someone. I"LL TAKE ONE! Thank you

First of all, for one day that is too much money, whiney or not!!  I have been to many stock shows in the past 20 years and they are just too expensive for ME! ...too many requirements (i.e.stall, parking, admission). I can go to a closer race and not spend as much in gas/diesel and be just as happy. I don't have $129 plus fuel costs to make only one run, which is all I would be able to do.  This is JMO! 

I wish all of you who attend the best of luck. 

Karol, you might as well stay and make a second run, heck the fuel and SALE mandatory fees would already be paid, pay your fees for the open on the next day, just an additional $60.00 and you get double the chance at the fantastic added money.  That is not bad, $189.00 for 2 runs at that much added money, where else are you going to get a deal like that along with all of the fun and rodeo atmosphere to soak up? :((((

Offline TXRodeo

• Mega Member
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2007, 12:29:41 PM »
Ok first off I'm not whinning here......when I brought up the stall issue it's because I've never been to this livestock show other than as a spectator at the rodeo....I would not  be leaving my horse at the trailer while I was off galavantlng....I would come in, saddle, warm up, make my run and leave.....that's what I do most of the time unless it is a 2 day where I have to stay.....soooooo.....that's what I was wondering about.   Since some of us have never been there before we'd like to get a heads up as what to expect....and it's appreciated when you guys that have been can answer questions without accusing some of whinning.....I don't care what the fees are, if I want to go (and I plan on going) I'll pay whatever the fees are....so my next question is this....when you check in, and you put your horse in the stall, is there no place close to park your trailers to saddle? or do you have to walk or carry or however you can get it up there your tack or is your trailer parked a mile away to take your horse to in order to get ready?????

It's a very far walk.  We park our trailer, unhook and just load feed, saddles, etc.. in the truck and take it down to the barn.  Its not ideal, but it works fine.
Carin Sivek

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2007, 12:53:15 PM »
theres pros and cons to every single dadgum barrel race ya go to....i've never been to SALE so i dont know have a clue what to expect or what not to expect..the only way to decide is to go and experience your own dang self.....if I had listened to all the NEGATIVE stuff about NBHA world in Georgia..i would not have gone and i would have missed out on a GREAT experience!!! but i did go and  i'm glad i went..it was not a nightmare as every had said..its what u make of it and it was a blast...so i'll see ya in San Antonio and I'll see ya in Georgia..there..my seriousness is over with for the month..i can go back to being  :crazy:
can't wait till May!!!

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »

!OMG! OMG >OH MY GOSH< !YIKES! REAL SCARED :o
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »
ok thames...so do those faces mean ur comin??
can't wait till May!!!