8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Those of you close to the Ft. Worth Area . . . opinions needed  (Read 1735 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
For those of you who are close to the Fort Worth area, what would it take to get you out to a new jackpot/series?
And for those of you not local . . . your opinions would be great too!

Some of you know I've had one playday event (unsuccessful) and am planning another for the 4th of July (Lord let it be better).

I am also tinkering with the idea of a regular series, but want to know from those of you who race what draws you to a new arena?  What do you need to see of an arena/pen in order to come out? 

The arena is outdoor, groud is all sand.  It would be a larger pattern.  Parking, while not ideal is decent.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline KerrieL

• Dinosaur!
Re: Those of you close to the Ft. Worth Area . . . opinions needed
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:46:18 PM »
ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE, ADVERTISE!!!  Most of the time I don't know about the little one's because they don't advertise very well or can't.....ask local feed stores to put out flyers, vet clinics and such.....post it wherever you can!!! That's all I got.  :*
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
Call the schools before everyone is gone and let the rodeo teams know. Contact any of the local playday clubs they always have people that want to just run barrels. Let people know it may take a month or so but they will start to show up
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
Thanks y'all for the input!
I'm gonna do all of that!

Here's a question, is it in bad taste to hand out flyers at another race that I attend?
Obviously I wouldn't be looking at the same days that they run . . . but would that be rude?
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 05:54:27 PM »
That's a good idea.  But if you really want to be nice, just ask them if it is OK.  Most will say OK, and they will remember how nice it was of you to ask.  Always leaves a good impression. 

I think starting the jackpot a little earlier than 9 pm would help.  During the summer, people still have to work, so they would get home a little earlier.  Unless you ar planning on a Friday night.   Would you mind giving a general area as to where the arena would be?  I live south of Granbury, and that would help me to know how far you are talking. 
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Destry Fleming

• Mega Member
    • UWINMORE.COM
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 05:54:50 PM »
Thanks y'all for the input!
I'm gonna do all of that!

Here's a question, is it in bad taste to hand out flyers at another race that I attend?
Obviously I wouldn't be looking at the same days that they run . . . but would that be rude?

As far as I am concerned, as long as you ask the producer or club that is putting the event on, it's not in bad taste.  It's when these producers come in and just start putting their flyers all over the place, including, laying them on top of your entry forms, and don't even ask.  That's when I start having a problem with it.  And what ever you do, don't put them under the windshield wipers of the vehicles out in the parking lot.  Most places I know of don't allow it, simply because most people just pull them out and throw them on the ground.

Good luck!!

Corky

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
 :)/\\ :)/\\ Punkin, If I lived closer...I would SOOOO Be there!!! I am only 5 hours away!  :)/\\ :)/\\

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 01:07:32 AM »
I'd like to be the first to support, well ok 2nd. Sign me up for $20 added money right behind your Mom  (((((((HUGS))))))))  I still love that!  I agree with all the suggestions and you have a goldmine of knowledge with Corky & Destry. They've been at this long enough to have plan A, B, C and as many as you need. Just keep us informed on when & where. With the economy the way it is there are alot of people sticking close to home, and Ft Worth is home to lots of barrel racers.

I look forward to coming to some of your events!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »
You know I used to live over in that area and I can't for the life of me think of where it could be.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »
I don't know if any of you are familiar with Cirlcle L 5 Riding club, but it is their home barn.
At any rate . . . the address is 6025 wilbarger.  It's .5 mile down Wilbarger off of I820.
It's been there for like EVER . . .

I'd be looking at doing it at around 7 or 730.
Wanna start it late enough for everyone to get there form work, but don't want to start it so late that folks aren't getting back to their barn til after midnight.

I wouldn't do it on Monday or Wednesday nights cause I know Rendon runs on those nights . . .
I'll be honest and say I'd like to do it on Fridays!  Then everyone could run and not have to worry about waking up the next morning.  Or at least not as many people having to worry about waking up the next morning. 

Offline Jack&Sharon

• Elite Member
  • GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY
    • Sharon Brooks Mannatech
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 08:13:20 PM »
Punkin , is the arena just past the moblie home right off loop820? If so that was our district 30 arena 30 yrs ago. I uses to run barrel at circle L5 rodeo ever 4th of July . Had lot & lots of fun. It was a jackpot every nite . But , that arena was on the west side of 820. I love going to their rodeo. Won money there too. But, that has been 33 yrs ago.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 07:37:53 AM »
Yes ma'am . . .
you pass the mobile home park on the right and come down half a mile (at most)
The barn and arena sit on your left.
There's some neighborhood between the mobile home park and the arena now . . . but it's still the same place. 
Paw Paw has been there  . . . forever.

I have a horrible sense of direction, but I'm pretty sure that we are off the East side of I-820. 
If you are coming from say Arlington on I-20 you take 287 North. Follow 287 and veer to the right onto I-820, exit Martin/Wilbarger and make a right.  Come down half a mile, through a stop sign and the driveway is on your left.