8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Closed
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1

Author Topic: Mid to Late Nov Update 2007  (Read 7407 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Mid to Late Nov Update 2007
« on: November 20, 2007, 06:19:01 AM »
Well we seem to be leveling Ben back out.   He behaviors are leveling back out and the bad ones are deminishing somewhat.   He still isnt as communicative as he was in early Sept.   Not sure whats up with that either.    <DUMMY ME>

We added back in one more supplement this week, its called memory sustain.   Next week I will added the SAMe back in and hopefully he will continue to improve.   I am watching what he eats like a hawk.

Cant remember if I told yall or not but they didnt find squat with the upper colonoscopy and gave me no support on the chronic issue of constipation with him.   Dr Pohl was concerned that he had so much snot in his belly and wanted me to take him to an allergist.   I told him it was a waste of time, the last one we saw there tested him and chewed on us because we werent feeding him certain foods even though he didnt test positive for allergies to them.  I should have let him carry him home that day and feed him whatever he wanted to feed him.   Bet I would have got a phone call within an hr that said "COME GET THIS MONSTER!"  Anyway, I stuck to my guns and his diet has helped him so we will see what the new guy thinks next month. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Re: Mid to Late Nov Update 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 06:34:43 AM »
Interesting day yesterday.   At about 400pm Ben went to his room and pulled out ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL his books and began to go thru them all.   He brought 3 into the living room and asked me to read them to him.    Then he leaned over me and picked up his big "bubble bottle" (I had hidden it beside the couch) and puts it in my lap and I asked him, "What is that"?   He just spouted off, "Bubble"  I said, COOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!  and we blew bubbles for a while.   

Then he jumped on his ball for a while then wanted me to play his "wee game" and several others.   Wonder is we are taking that up hill pathway again.   Im ready for the giant leap forward.   :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

I will keep you posted.   Yall have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 08:34:02 AM »
So glad he is doing better.  One more thing to be thankful for this year.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:44:22 AM »
AMEN!!!!

Things are still looking good.   He is riding his mower, wanting us to read and I have started him on his abc's and counting again.   I had him help me make some homemade ice cream yesterday.   He was pouring and running the blender and taste testing.   It was funny  :ROFL2:   His ice cream recipe is kefier, 1/2 & 1/2 and strawberries, with honey and just a bit of vanilla extract.   It was good and he had a great time making it and eating it.   In fact last night about 8 he came walking out of the kitchen with a spoon and a little bowl of what he thought was ice cream, it was hillarous (it was really some meat grease and fat that I had put in the freezer), so we went back and got the ice cream and munched on that for a while.   

He was repeating everything I ask him to yesterday and even things I didnt ask him to, which was interesting.   

So here is the regime so far this week:
B12 Shot every Tues, Thur and Sat (2 mg meythlcobalmin) not sure on the spelling of that
1 cup kefir with 3 tsp of cod liver oil in AM and PM
2 Valtrex per day
1 Amantadine
2 tabs Metanx
1 Memory Sustain
1 capsule of Milk Thistle 2x's a day
1 tab Cortef
1 tab Diflucan every other day
1 tab Lithium
Plus he gets digestive enzymes with every meal and a probiotic daily along with his 3 Formula #1 capsule a day

And I added 1 capsule of SAMe a day this week.   I will keep yall posted.   We are on a steady climb back up that mountain.   Thank God   :TIGGER:  But, I will see what the SAMe does to the climb. 

This moving slowly stuff drives me CRAZY (at least I dont have far to go  <DUMMY ME> )

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »
Yesterday Ben didn't want anything to do with me at all he was pinching and got up screaming at the top of his lungs. Tamet didn't give him any SAMe to day and he is lots happier so we are thinking he has some sort of trouble with the SAMe.
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:58:44 PM »
actually I took him off of it yesterday so it probably cleared his system last night.   But yes, much much better.  He is full of all sorts of Bull today!!!  >:D