8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Now that the Draw is up, Who is Going to the Classic and to the Meet & Greet?  (Read 6772 times)

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
 >:D I have a tarp  rofl

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
I might need a parachute with hi ho silver. :ROFL2:

Should the alleyway crew pick one up in case we need it!   :)/\\
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Txsweetie have you ever tried blind folding him?

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
No this is a fairly new horse and she started having alleyway issues when I bought her (long story), anyways I have it on a high authority that this mare is a head case.  I am just trying to be patient with her because once you get her in she makes a real nice pattern.  I have a young mare that I am starting so I am just trying to hold it together with this mare until I can either fix her or get my other one up to speed.  The vet believes it I just keep her calm and show her that everything will be alright that she will eventually come out of this so I don't haul her alot and I just try to keep her calm everywhere I go. 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
That sounds like a plan.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Now that the Draw is up, Who is Going to the Classic and to the Meet & Greet
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »
5 more pairs of jeans to go... >THUD< >THUD< >THUD< >THUD< >THUD<

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
Tx, have you checked him for ulcers? The little horse we have use to be a basket case, was even getting hard to get in the alley. The first day of the state show I tried some of the THE stuff for ulcers..he was 4th. The second round I wanted to see if thats what made the difference.. I rode him into the first holding pen and after walking a few circles he froze then started rearing and running backwards, talk about bailing off! I stayed off of him till the girl before me was running. He was really hesitant going into the alley and didn't have a good run at all. So I went and bought some of the THE stuff and dosed him with it for the finals he was once again nice and calm and made a nice smooth run. I do still walk his buddy down the alley on foot with him when I can to keep him from spooking at stupid stuff (he's scared of his own shadow..but scared of nothing running barrels). I only use this the day before and twice a day while running him.
You are welcome to try it if there isn't a THE dealer down there (they usually let you try before you buy)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Now that the Draw is up, Who is Going to the Classic and to the Meet & Greet
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »
Gabe is not ally sour, but, her chews alot on his bit, lead rope etc....I started giving him Malox....We shall see if it helps. He has been on it for 2 weeks now....

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
What is the THE stuff called?  I would try anything at this point!!!!!!  Yes I did check for ulcers and they said she did not have them, but that does not mean that she doesn't so I am really open to anything that might help.  I just want the mare I fell in love with back!!!!!!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess