8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!  (Read 9449 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!
« on: November 30, 2007, 07:32:17 AM »
:TIGGER: :TIGGER: TODAY IS THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!   :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

It's check in Day folks!!  Time to set our goals and get to work!!

Please post away with your goals, specifically . . .

What are you trying to achieve?
How are you planning to do it?
When do you plan to have it done by?

I'm making it interesting and sending my before pics to Gabe's Babe this morning so that she can hold them until my goal date!  If I don't plan my work and work my plan . . . If I fail to make my target . . . she'll be posting that madness right here!!  You are all welcome to do the same . . . you can send your before pics to me at [email protected], or you can send them to GB.
The deal is . . . if you make your goal, the pics are deleted and never seen again.
But miss your goal, and the pics are posted here for all to see!

Keep in mind that goals are personal.  Some of us will be aiming to lose inches, some of us pounds, others of us will just be trying to firm up, while others of us will just be setting a goal of increasing our activity and riding levels.  Be realistic and HEALTHY about your goals.  A brilliant mind on this board pointed out to me, this is not a diet or a race to see how fast you can lose how much.  This is about a sustainable lifestyle change that should keep us from getting back to this place again! 

I will be posting daily on this thread with my activity for the previous day and what I've eaten.  You don't have to do it, but for me I need that accountability and it will help me to make good choices.  I'll also do my best to encourage those of you who express a need for it, and I am sure everyone else will also.  The beauty of what we are doing is that we are not doing it alone.  There is no greater motivator than the desire to impress a friend . . . I'll be leaning on that heavily everytime I cry about that treadmill!

SO LET'S DO THIS!!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:16:26 AM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: Friday Gut Buster Check In - Let's Get it Started!!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
I want to lose 1.5 lbs per week, for a total of 16.5 lbs over 11 weeks.  I want to be able to run a mile.
I will post 15 mins and lope 15 mins at least 5 times a week, I will work out at the gym at least 4 times a week, I will adjust my eating habits to include less sugar, more vegetables :nahnah: , one lean meat serving per day, less fried foods, and more water.  I will begin running on the treadmill.
February 15

Last night at the gym
30 minutes/2.15 miles on the eliptical trainer
2 rounds of circuit training
20 straight crunches
and 10 oblique crunches on either side
10 minutes on a 10 incline @ 2.5 mph

Breakfast yesterday - banana with frosted flakes
snack - orange
lunch - weight watchers sweedish meatballs and a diet coke
snack - 2 celery stalks and 1 apple.
dinner . . . chicken breast.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »
good for you ,sounds like you have a plan .good luck to you.wish i had a gym to go to ,hang with itand you will reach your goal. i think we need to find out dehorses secret,i to don't believe her age.!!!!!!!
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »
I should add here, Ve, that drinking ICE cold water all day, will do two things: 1. help you burn calories b/c your body must warm it to its temperature to utilize it and 2. keeps you full.
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »
Thanks Jenn!  ICE cold water it is . . .

I also wanted to add that Weight Watchers is a very good option for those of us working to change our eating habits.  It's pretty easy and helps you to learn how to eat.  The points system has a way of helping you make good choices!!  I know that some of us are on a budget, and if you will PM me I can offer you some alternatives to WW that work in a similar fashion.

I know what you're thinking . . . how is this TUBBO gonna tell us what works?  My problem is not that I don't know what I should be doing, but that I don't do it.  Besides . . . what have you got to lose except inches?

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 09:33:25 AM »

I would like to lose 25 pounds.  I would like to lose at least 1 pound a week.

I am cutting back on fatty foods and changing my snacking habits.  I went grocery shopping last night and bought low-fat dairy items, fruit and salad stuff.  I am also a member of a dieting website that helps you design your meals and layout your exercise regimen.  I am going to try to eat only 1400 calories a day and start exercising more.  I did ride last night for an hour and 15 minutes.  I plan on trying to ride at least 4 times a week.

I started my diet last week and have already lost 2 pounds.  My goal for this week is to keep those 2 pounds off and lose 1 more!

June 3 when we get out for summer from school!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
WOOO HOOO Donk!!
Sounds like you've got a good plan and a good start for that matter!

Will you be participating in the "Additional Incentive to Succeed" plan?
I'm telling you, there is nothing to keep you on the treadmill another 10 minutes like the fear of someone publishing your fatty pics.

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 09:55:55 AM »
OK... Here goes....

I would like to lose 50 pounds.  I would be happy with 1 pound a week, but would really like 1.5 pounds a week.  Oh, also... I am just learning to ride (I know I'm old...but, I figure better late than never) so I really want to improve my horsemanship skills over the next year.

I know I need to change my eating habits (Concession stand "Nachos" are not heart healthy foods).  I am researching healthy recipes on the internet and I am going to incorporate them into my family meal plan.  I am also going to work on portion control (My husband needs to work on that also).  Other than that, I just need to get up off my "Fanniegrande" and get moving.  Once my goals are met... I will be changing my user name because I will no longer be a fanniegrande!

At this point I don't have a "deadline"  I'm just going to work on one day at a time!

I'd also like to say "GOOD LUCK" to every one... I hope we are all able to make the healthy changes in our life styles
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 10:39:04 AM »
Good Luck guys.....it is hard to stick to!!!  Me & Mom have been dieting too. I have lost 15 pounds since Nov. 2nd.....I have not had a Dr. Pepper since Nov. 1st...that is HUGE for me!!!  I have been drinking soda diet or regular forever!!!!!!  Been drinking lots of water/coffee/tea.  The water with crystal light in it is good.  I still can't believe it has been that long without a Dr. Pepper...my friends know what a big deal that is...right!?!?!?!

I think Mom has lost about the same amount too....I try to walk at least 3-4 times per week too.  Yall keep it up & we will keep each other motivated!!!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:07 PM »
Bump
 :TIGGER:

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
That poor dog!!!  I have felt like that before!!!  :nahnah:
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 07:50:58 PM »
i dont have any embarrassing pics of me but I want to lose 40 pounds.
1 pound per week
going to the gym
I dont remember if I need to post anything else just let me know if i do
 :((((
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline jropergirl

• I'm 10 miles from my mailbox, 45 miles from the closest town in nowhere SD. Life rocks!
  • Mega Member
  • Lord, give me wings and let me fly!
    • The South Dakota Cowgirl
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 09:33:23 PM »
Ladies-

the low-fat stuff has more sugar than regular. the adkins diet recommends eating real salad dressing, real sour cream, .etc. because they are lower in sugar which is a carbohydrate (another enemy).
www.ducheneaux.com- ranch raised quarter horses
www.streakiniron.com- barrel horses
http://thesouthdakotacowgirl.com See photos and learn stuff about the ranch!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 08:44:07 AM »
Thanks for the GREAT advice Jenn!!  I thought I read something about that once . . .
I never eat the low-fat stuff cause it wreaks havoc on my tummy . . .  <(::)>

Well yesterday was a good day . . . sorta

Breakfast - banana with frosted flakes dry
snack - grapefruit
lunch - 1/2 turkey sandwich on croissant, 3 baked chips  :nahnah: , and one half of a small choc chip cookie
snack - orange
dinner - small portion (literally 8 forks) of spaghetti, 3 bites of a honey bunn.

I don't know why but for some reason I had a REAL hankering for sugar yesterday.  It's subsided today thank God, cause I was a lil worried about it.

I went to the gym again . . . my cousin and I plan for Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri at the gym.  I'll ride Sun, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
anywho - at the gym
30 min./2.05 miles on the eliptical trainer.
2 rounds of circuit training
3 sets of 5 reps on this crazy ab machine that hurt like haides.

I also posted 15 mins of long trotting and lope 10 circles each way on the old man.  Not sure how many minutes the loping took.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:42:21 PM by PunkinNMe »

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 08:48:04 AM »
I need some advice on this running thing . . .

I want to be able to run a full mile by 02/15.  As it stands right now, I can't run from here to the truck.
Will my work on the elliptical trainer help me get to that goal or do I need to do something different.

My logical mind reasons that . . . If I want to run a mile, I need to start running.  But the truth is I'm kind of scared to even try it.
That's silly huh?  I was hoping that all the other stuff I am doing will get me fit enough to run.

So if I get on the treadmill, warm up for 5 at a brisk walk and then up the speed till I am at a jog and just go as long as I can at that speed everytime I am at the gym, will that eventually get me there?