8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!  (Read 9444 times)

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
Re: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
Soooo, I'm now "on" the wagon, kinda just hangin onto the bumper, but I'm on.  I've been eating more protein (boiled eggs for breakfast w/ 1 slice of wheat toast and tuna w/ salad for lunch.)  I've also been having a small sweet potato or edamame (sp?) for a snack.  No exercise yet, other than getting back on my horses consistently. 

I really would like to lose at least 10 lbs before March.  We're going snow skiing over spring break and I'd really rather NOT getting my fat a... hauled off the mountain by the ski patrol this year!!!  (Although, those snowmobiles the ski patrol ride are SUPER fun!)  Evidently, the more overweight you are, the higher the likiehood of getting altitude sickness - which SUCKS!  I love to ski and HATE getting left in the snow by Jim Bob and Stacey!!  IT'S ON!!! 

It's taco night at our house, but I plan to avoid all sour cream and other naughty parts of the meal.  C'mon girls - I need your help!

SMillis - You DO look fabulous by the way!  Great job!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2008, 05:25:39 PM »
Hey there Gena!  I'm gonna have to jump back on the wago myself next time it goes by.  Mom's home made candy did a number on those new jeans I bought for Waco that I was so proud of.  I gained 5 pounds over the holidays!!!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49:21 PM »
Thanks so much girls, I really appreciate it!!!! 
You know to me it seems the older we get your not quite as vain as when we are young...it is more about feeling good and being healthy.  This is true for me anyway.  It has always been a struggle for me to maintain/lose my weight.....even in Junior High I started the roller coaster ride with it.  I work with this day by day and set small goals for myself on a daily basis so that I will not set myself up to be disappointed or set unrealistic goals. Over the holidays I just wanted to maintain & not gain....unfortunately the flu/bronchitis/lung funk played a part in keeping me from over indulging in the great food we had around!!!!  Heck I could not breath and eat...so i chose to breath...could not taste much anyway!  And when I thought I might could eat I would taste a little bit of everything and then go start cleaning up to distract me from eating anymore.

Gena...you are a strong willed person...you can do it girl!!!!!  We will keep you going too....you will be swooping right  passed those guys on the slopes this time!!!!  :)/\\  Shelley ...5 lbs is nothing compared to how much you have lost over the last few months befroe the holidays...you will lose it fast!  Deb...you have been looking great ever since you started working out...keep it up! 

Punkin....you are on your way....don't stop now..you are drivin the wagon!!!!!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2008, 12:44:58 AM »
Oh...I gotta funny.....I rode Little Red for the first time ever tonight....I am trying to make sure he is ready for Lindsey to ride by herself, so I finally got on him ( I have always thought I was too big & would hurt him or something OR that he might decide to hurt me!!)  He does not think that I have lost enough weight to ride him!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:   (:0))) <DUMMY ME>

I was just not 100% sure of his handle b/c we have always done lead line with him.

Too funny...he really rode good for me...I was shocked, he had a sliding stop man...like a mini reiner!!!  :)/\\  As long as he does not get a bluff in on a kid he is one slick ride man, he likes to try them just a little bit & once he sees that they don't buy it he gives up and goes on about being a good boy!  Justin & Bailey worked him over good today too....Lindsey better get ready!  <:)   
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2008, 08:30:24 AM »
I lost one of the 4 pounds that I gained back for this week.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2008, 09:52:46 AM »
Hey Shelley - That's hysterical about Red!  He's definitely a keeper.  So cute and so sweet!  Linds will be making the pattern on her own in no time with Red's help!  Leadline is fun, but I'm with you, I'm looking forward to the day when they do it on their own. 

OK, so I have another "funny/but not too funny".  I've been eating well all week. I've been drinking a glass of water before every meal, soda etc.  I've also been eating more protein and lean foods.  Guess what? 

I GAINED 3 LBS!   Now THAT takes talent!  OK, I'm pissed off now, it's ON Mr. Fat Monster!  Backoff sucka - here I come. :star wars:  (That's me and Mr. Fat Monster)

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2008, 10:18:34 AM »
Gena...you're too funny!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2008, 11:56:06 AM »
I found a cheap ablounger..I think I will buy it and hang clothes on it j/k
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2008, 10:04:01 AM »
Hey Shelley - That's hysterical about Red!  He's definitely a keeper.  So cute and so sweet!  Linds will be making the pattern on her own in no time with Red's help!  Leadline is fun, but I'm with you, I'm looking forward to the day when they do it on their own. 

OK, so I have another "funny/but not too funny".  I've been eating well all week. I've been drinking a glass of water before every meal, soda etc.  I've also been eating more protein and lean foods.  Guess what? 

I GAINED 3 LBS!   Now THAT takes talent!  OK, I'm pissed off now, it's ON Mr. Fat Monster!  Backoff sucka - here I come. :star wars:  (That's me and Mr. Fat Monster)

Now that would piss me off too Gena!!!!  :! <IMSOMAD>  After the hard work .... are you sure it is not within a week or so from your monthly visit?  That always makes me gain a couple lbs.  Stay with it woman!  :()&

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2008, 11:34:14 AM »
I lost the other 3 pounds I had gained so I am where I was before Christmas!!!!  :look:  :look:  :look:  :look:

So now I have to work on my 1 pound for this week!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
Okay . . .
went to the gym last night.
Not a stellar workout, but it was a workout and every little bit counts!

I've lost a total of 11 lbs now.
So only 5.5 more to go before goal and I still have a full month to get there!
I'm very excited about that!

Um, still not a very good runner and think I may have overshot my sanity when I said I wanted to run a mile . . . but I'll keep trying and who knows . . . God may answer that prayer too!

So how is everyone esle doing!

I see that Donk is still going strong, and appears to be in good spirits about everything.  GOOD JOB!!

Gena, keep at it . . . you'll lose it!  But i can see how the whole gaining 3 after doing so well with your diet would be frustrating.  But again . . . I love that you are still at it!!

Woody's Mama, please let me know how that ab lounger works out for you!  I don't know that I'll buy one really soon, but for future reference I'd love to know how effective they are.  I have a treadmill at home that has been there for a year now and I've used it recently but prior to the changes I decided to make here I think I had used the thing 5 times in 9 months.  It's harder for me to get motivated at home.  It's been getting easier now that I actually look forward to working out, but until I'm hard core I don't want to invest money in a lot of at home stuff.

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2008, 08:45:07 AM »
 :()& :()& :()& :()&

You go PunkinNMe....you are almost there!!!  I am at a stand still right now....I need to get back motivated on the exercise that ceased before the holidays...... :nahnah: