8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!  (Read 9443 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: Friday Gut Buster Check In - Let's Get it Started!!
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 11:20:59 PM »
Okay well, I am terribly concerned about this whole running thing.
I got on the treadmill today to do a bit of an evaluation . . . just to see how far I could go.
I did a walking warm up for a quarter mile and was optimistic that I'd be able to run at least another quarter . . .

I ran, no i jogged . . . perhaps even shuffled .10 miles   (:(((

This does not bode well for the future people.  I mean, I am not sure because I have never been a runner - but if you can only run a tenth of a mile, is 11 weeks long enough to work up to a full mile?

Anywho.
For breakfast I had hash brown potatoes and one owens country sausage.
For lunch I had hash brown potatoes again
no snack today at all.
for dinner baked fish with broccoli.
I did have a glass of juice today.

Of course we talked about the treadmill thing, But I did a total of 33 minutes for 1.5 miles.

I did ride today, but it was me and my nephew on a liesurely trail ride so I'm sure I burned nothing.

Not really a stellar day.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 11:43:34 PM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 09:55:25 AM »
I'm no personal trainer by any stretch of the imagination so you can take this just as some friendly encouragement.  You have to start somewhere right?  If you can run .1 mile today, try for .12 miles tomorrow, the .13 miles the next day.  When you feel like stopping, set a goal for your self.  "OK, if I can run 10 more steps, then I'll quit"  or "OK, I went .15 miles yesterday, today I'm going to go .15 miles + 10 steps today".  Some days we just have more energy than others.  The time of day you work out also matters.  If your more energetic in the mornings then a morning workout might be best for you.  Just think of the time of day you feel the best and have the most energy.  That's usually the best time of day for your workout if you can fit it in. 

Also on the cravings.  Well they happen.  Some of it is physical, but a lot of it is mental.  If you tell your self that your not going have ANY of a certain thing, (I.E. sugar, fried food, what ever) then that's all your going to think about.  The key is not to deprive your self, but to allow yourself a treat every now and then.  If your feeling deprived for long enough then you're going to have a psychotic moment one day and instead of having 1/2 of a honey bun you'll have 17 whole honey buns.

Sounds like you're doing all of the right things.  Keep up the good work and stay motivated!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2007, 10:26:50 AM »
Thank you for that . . .
I'm trying to stay motivated long enough to make this physical activity thing a habit.

I can't remember how long it takes to form a habit, but oh my goodness if it could happen within the next day or two that'd be stellar.
Cause I need that whole "it's just something I do everyday" mentality to kick in before I get frustrated.

I've been trying not to say "I can't have" on anything.  I am limiting the amount of certain things that I have because I know it's not too good for me.

It's hard here in my mother's house though, in her mind food is love.  It's an issue with American Society as a whole I think.  We do it to our children, our pets . . . and my mother is no exception.  And it doesn't help that food makes me so happy.  Like I literally dance when I eat.  I am so not kidding.  And she knows that.  So anytime I exhibit boredom or depression . . . she's right there with a peach cobbler.
I love her for it because I know she means well, it's just hard for me to get the girth off under the circumstances.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2007, 10:28:27 AM »
girl just take it one day at a  time.....
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2007, 02:44:20 PM »
I want to lose 10 lbs. It is mostly in my belly. I would like to drop a few inches off my waist.

I would like to have it done before 2/1/08. Hopefully beforthen, but only as it is safe.

I plan on not drinking energy drinks anymore. Very very fattening!!!!! I plan to eat better, and exercise. I will send you a pic later.

Good luck to all!!!!!! We can do it!!!!!! :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Buck-Wild

• *~Julius Caesar~* you are my life
  • Mega Member
  • eye luv my horsie !
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 07:40:28 PM »
If I lost any more my friends would KILL me so yea Im rootin for all of yall but not entering!
where ever this barrel racer may roam, I'm always a right and two lefts from home.
COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAYS

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 07:32:35 AM »
Okay so this post serves as a bit of a  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: Bump . . . and also as my update for the day.

Yesterday was okay . . . I don't know if you all remember me talking about that sado-massochistic ab machine I discovered at the gym on Friday, but three sets of 5 on that thing had me all jacked up.  Like I had to use flex-all on my stomach.  It hurt to stand, sit, roll over in bed, it hurt to do everything.  And it got progressively worse as Saturday wore on.  It felt a lil better when I got on the treadmill that evening, but tightened right back up for Sunday morning.  As Sunday moved along, the pain subsided just enough for me to go back to the gym and get on that DEVIL  <IMSOMAD> machine again.

I had
frosted flakes with 2% milk and a banana for breakfast.
a grapefruit snack
shredded lettuce, grilled fajita chicken, jalapenos and salsa for lunch with iced tea
spaghetti for dinner with a honey bun for desert.
Then at like 2 am I woke up ravenous . . . so I ate another bowl of frosted flakes.

Despite satan's best efforts to smote my fitness efforts down . . . I did go to the gym yesterday
30 minutes/2.10 miles on the eliptical trainer
3 rounds of legs circuit training
3 sets of 7 on the Devil's  <IMSOMAD> ab machine.
3 miles on the recumbant bike at a pretty low resistance level.

I also weighed myself FINALLY, and oh my God I really am a fatty.
I won't say exactly how much I weigh . . .
I'll just say that I've hit the century mark twice, and I've got a lil change to go with it.

I did not run yesterday, I will only do that on my home treadmill.  It's just too embarrasing to do it AT the gym . . . shuffling for .10 miles next to the marathon guy who runs a 5 mile warm up, is dripping sweat and grunting in that completely inappropriate fashion is just too much for me to take.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: Monday Mernin' Gut Buster Check In - It's already been broughten . . .
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 07:59:08 AM »
And CandyStar . . . your pic is nowhere near embarrasing.  You look adorable.
But, per the agreement . . . unless you miss your 10 lbs goal and 2 inches off your waist by 2/1/08, it will never be seen again.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 08:26:08 AM »
OK, i am not sure exactly what I want to loose, but, i will know when i get there. I want to firm up.
Plan
To ride at least 4 times a week. I have two horses to ride, so, that should not be a problem! 15 minutes posting trot 15 minutes loping. Also, I plan to drink LOTs more water....I am so thirsty today its not even funny. I also plan to actually eat more....I have been skipping meals....need to eat more little stuff.
Time frame~ By My birthday...January 29th.....Be firmer!!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 08:46:29 AM »
Punkin

As for trying to run a mile I might can offer a little advice with two different options.

#1-walk a minute, jog a minute for as long as you can stand it.  This allows you to build your wind and strenghthen those muscles.  Don't go for marathon jogs or sprints either.  Shuffle enough to make a jog to begin with.  When you finally get to where you can go a mile at the walk a minute/jog a minute pace.  Walk a minute and jog a minute and a half.  This will build you slowly.  Instead of trying to increase daily, instead increase weekly.  For instance.  If you can only do the walk/jog thing for 4 minutes, do that all week.  Let your body get used to that pace then increase the next week to 6 minutes.  Oh yeah, and if you are just starting out, only jog 3-4 times a week.  Your body needs time to build and repair, and going everyday doesn't allow it to catch up.

I was a jogger all through high school/college and still occasionally.  It takes time to build yourself up if you were never a jogger. 

It sounds like you are really motivated too!  Good luck.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 09:13:28 AM »
Thanks Donk, I'm gonna start trying that walk 1 jog 1 thing today when I go to the gym.

I've never been a runner of any sort. 
I reasoned that the only time I will run is when it is life threatening . . . and even then I'll try to reason with my assailant. 
Well at this point it is life threatening - I CAN HEAR MYSELF BREATHE - and apparently the is no reasoning with my fat a$$.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 04:27:12 AM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Had a banana, orange and apple yesterday morning . . .
Weight Watchers Creamy Rigatoni for lunch
another apple for a snack
and a grilled chicken salad for dinner.  No dressing just the leafy greens, chicken and grated parmesan cheese that was already on it.

I didn't get off until almost 9 PM so the gym, and the treadmill for that matter, were out of the question.
I went home and fell into an exhausted slumber, and unless snoring counts as cardio my lazy butt got NO exercise.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »
You are so awesome and dedicated!

I went home and did some reading about diets and have a few interesting facts!

1)   No diet should be under 1200 calories a day...below that is dangerous for your body

2)    3500 calories make up 1 pound of fat

3)   The body mass formula is:   weight in pounds divided by (height in inches times  height in inches)
                     then multiply this by 703

4)   If you are on a 1400 calorie diet you should only consume 15 grams of fat daily, 1600 calories-17 grams

5)   Danger foods include:  cream-based soups or sauces, fried fish or meat, full-fat dairy products, butter or margarine, regular salad dressing, fatty meats like sausage, fatty snacks (chips, nuts, movie theatre popcorn), fatty sweets (chocolate/caramel), baked desserts, cooking fats and oils

6)   Safe foods include:  tomato-based soups or sauces, grilled or baked fish or meat, nonfat milk or yogurt, mustard, ketchup, salsa, fat-free salad dressing, lean meats like skinless chicken, low fat snacks like pretzels, fat free sweets like licorice and hard candy, fresh fruit, cooking spray.

This info really WOKE ME UP so I wanted to share with all!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 09:46:57 AM »
I'm really trying . . .
this morning has been kinda bad.  I've been here since 415 am and i hit a mad hunger spell at like 630 that resulted in me eating a mcdonalds steak egg and cheese bagel.  That's gonna require some serious treadmilling and elliptical training to get outta my system.

But I take it as a positive sign that eating it did not make me happy.  I didn't really enjoy it, despite the fact that it tasted pretty good and now I'm a bit miserable.  So perhaps this signifies a turning point in my relationship with food . . . or at least that food item.  Despite the fact that it tasted good, eating it didnt' make me feel to good. 

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Where are my GET IN SHAPE Buddies ???
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 07:44:58 AM »
Alright so yesterday was an interesting day.
I worked from 415AM to 430PM.  I ate that steak,egg, cheese bagel from McD's at like 630AM . . . drank a diet coke over the course of the day . . . and that was it.

All day. 

When I got off I had a couple things to do and just got so busy that before I knew it I had gone to bed without eating anything.  That can't be good.

I did not get to work out yesterday   :no: , and I feel like a bum for it, but I plan on it for today.

But . . . um, I'm starting to feel like I'm alone in the quest for the elusive HIGHER LEVEL OF FITNESS
It's like I hear angels sing the Ave Maria when I say that.

Anywho . . . I'm excited this morning because some notoriously uncomfortable slacks are fitting a lil looser today!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
But I'm not sure anyone else is out there to even read this.
Have I lost my fellow "Get in Shapers", or is it that I am the only person who needs this daily purge and affirmation?