8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!  (Read 9447 times)

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Re: Where are all my "Get In Shape" buddies???
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2007, 03:29:14 PM »
Horseback riding (moderate - competitive level)
........(suggested by C.)  280
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2007, 03:49:27 PM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER: I am fixing to go do that!!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:43 PM »
OK well I did manage to eat out of all four food groups today. I stopped by Dairy Queen and had a cheeseburger all the way. Convienience is not very healthy. Subway needs a drive thru. By the time I get all my chitlins out of the car to go in and eat, I am too tired to eat. Either that or I forget why I was getting them out to start with. How many calories does that burn lifting little critters out of the back seat? :look: :look: If I only had the energy this little mouse has!!!!!!!!
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »
Well, I Rode Gabe and was dragging Hick behind....We loped 6 laps around the big pasture, then Hick gave up, so, I tied him up and breezed Gabe 2 laps...He is way too much in Shape....Wore me out!!! Then, i rode Hick, the 3yo. Lots of trotting, posting etc. I did some light weights....saddles and feed buckets....and some sqwats.....taking off leg boots. Now I am worn out!!!  :see-ya:

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
Mernin!!
Hope everyone is feeling GREAT this morning!  It's Thursday . . . which means tomorrow is Friday . . . and once I finish that day, well then it's Saturday!  And on Saturday I don't have to come to this god forsaken place.  God I hate my job!

Anywho . . .

Yesterday I had
breakfast - Total Raisin Bran with 2% milk
and over the course of the rest of the day here at work I ate
a banana, an orange and an apple.
When I got home I ate a small helping of spaghetti
and I was off.

I went out to the barn and rode a little bit.  It's a new horse that belongs to a friend so there wasn't really a whole lot going on there.  I did post some, but not enough to qualify as activity as far as I'm concerned.

Went to the gym when I finished that.
30 minutes on the eliptical for 2.10 miles.
circuit training legs, back and arms.  3 sets of 20 on low weight for each exercise.
Did the ab machine from hell  <IMSOMAD> ...  3 sets of 10.  OUCH!
The the treadmill, incline 10, 2.5 mph for 10 minutes.

Yesterday felt pretty good as days go.  I was tired.  But I felt like I ate well, didn't have any real cravings and got some activity in.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »
I blew supper last night and had 2 slices of pizza and some baked french fries.  But my dessert was 1/2 a yogurt.  So that was better.  Then I found a jump rope and discovered how out of shape I really am.  I also rode yesterday.

This morning I started with 1/2 a bagel and creamcreese with orange juice.
No snack
Lunch:  1 Slice of pizza  :!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:54:33 PM by horsenameddonk »

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2007, 08:51:10 AM »
 roflmao roflmao roflmao I have never been able to jump rope!!!  roflmao roflmao roflmao

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2007, 09:08:57 AM »
50 jumps and I was out of breath  >THUD<  But it is an extremely aerobic exercise that does not take long so I think I am going to do more jump roping....I know I know.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2007, 09:14:09 AM »
I tried jumping rope a couple months back . . .   :TIGGER: :TIGGER:  :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

That is how I got the MCL and medial tears in my right knee. 

I won't be jumping anymore rope, but yes it is a GREAT aerobic as well as muscle building workout.
Kinda hard on the knees though, even the healthy ones.

It's funny because all of those things we used to do as kids and think of them as games . . . ARE GREAT WORKOUTS!!

Remember the HULA HOOP!!
Try a lil bit of that now . . . it will work on those abs like nothing else.

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2007, 09:47:39 AM »
That whole "hand/ eye " coordination thing is a no go for me!!!  :TIGGER: :TIGGER:

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2007, 11:21:08 AM »
  /|\\  /|\\  /|\\  /|\\  I'm not much for hand-eye either but I have got to find something I can do in the house.  It gets dark so early, I barely get my horse rode and the baby worked.  So after I get everything fed it's way too dark to go jogging outside so jumping rope will have to work.

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2007, 06:21:07 PM »
I did better today on eating. For breakfast I had a small burrito for lunch I had a banana and for dinner I had a small portion of cheese ravioli. Yea I ate. Bad news is that I also had two energy drink. Which is alot of calories and fat. But, I did mage to run. I delivered the mail to businesses today. Huge workout. Lots of walking and jogging or running. I am scared to get on the scale. I don't feel like I have lost anything anywhere. But, I did buy a bra the other day. I bought a B and had to take it back for a C. I have graduated. Maybe being a little heavy is not too bad.LOL :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »
im still here...just not feeling very motivated :-\\\\\\\\ :no: ZZZ
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Aw Come on Woody's Mama!! It just takes that first step to get you back in the groove. 
 :TIGGER: :()& :look: I'm rootin for ya!  And I know you can do it . . .  :TIGGER: :()& :look:

I think you just need PEEPS!!   <ROCKON>
No, not marshmallow peeps (too much sugar and they are only available around Easter).
Peeps  <ROCKON> are those people who act as your support system.

When I lose my umph about working out, and all I want is cheese covered fat - I go to my peeps. 
My peeps are:
the people on this board who keep me encouraged . . . sometimes they just say what I need to hear.
My cousin (and workout partner) reminds me of those cute little outfits we plan to wear to our little cousin's first game next season.
My cousin the football player loves to remind me of how good it is for me, and to be honest I just like to hear him say he's proud of me.
And then I have this friend who reminds me of the amount of money I've sunk into saddles and feed and the vet and shoes, and how much I'm sinking into training for my Papa . . . and then she reminds me that there's never been a FAT A$$ World Champion! 

Once they are all done, and usually I'm good after just one of them, I'm pumped up to get er done!!

So that's what you need! 
Peeps  <ROCKON> !
So, tell my why you're doing this, WHY do you wanna get in better shape, what are your ultimate goals?  I'll make sure that you don't forget it whenever you need a boost!!

Offline Donk

• Fossil
I managed to keep off the two pounds I lost last week.  I did not lose anything this week but I did do much better on my eating!