8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: First Weight loss check in of 2008!!!!!!!  (Read 9445 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
um yesterday's food . . . don't really remember.
Let's see
I think frosted flakes for breakfast.
not sure what I had for lunch, maybe spaghetti
dinner was cabbage with a baked pork chop and a honey bunn for desert.
i also had a glass of sweet tea that was entirely tooooooo sweet so I'm sure I did myself in on the sugar.

I rode yesterday for a bit, but did not make the gym.

I.

Feel.

Like.

A.

Bum.

But I will go today after class.

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
OK, I'm down 7 lbs from when this all started.... :TIGGER:  I'm pretty sure it's all fluid though since I can accually see my ankle bone and my rings are easy to take off.  I don't care what it is... the scales are down and that makes me happy. :look:
If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Wow you girls have really been busy and the results are really showing.

Let's see Saturday:
1/2 egg & cheese bagel
Turkey & Cheese Sandwich on wheat
Carrots with ranch dressing
Crawfish/Shrimp Etoufee

Sunday:
4 small biscuits with syrup
Chili Cheese Hotdog -yep I gave in
Fajitas with cucumber salad on the side

Monday: so far...
oatmeal with 2 biscuits
leftover Crawfish/Shrimp Etoufee

I did not exercise over the weekend but hope to make-up for it this afternoon.  I divorced my horse Saturday morning so Glenn has a new project and he is going to pick up his little mare from the trainer's this week for me to start on barrels.  That way I still have more than 1 horse to ride this week!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
You GO Fannie"NOT SO"Grande!
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
Divorced your horse???  >SHOCKED<
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
Does anyone out there want to share recipes????  I know it can be hard learning to eat right!  Here are a couple that we tried this weekend.

Friday night...
Parmesan crusted Chicken
I used 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I pounded them out so they would be a little thinner)
Brush Dijon mustard all over the chicken breast
sprinkle them with Italian seasoning and put them on a baking dish
Press grated Parmesan cheese on them and bake til they are slightly browned
I served them with greenbeans and salad.

On Sunday....
I diced up the left over Parmesan chicken set to the side
In a large skillet, I heated a little olive oil and sauted 1 red onion (diced) and a teaspoon of chopped garlic
When the onion was tender I added 1 large package of fresh spinach
When the spinach cooked down, I added 1/2 can rotel and the diced up left over Parmesan chicken (the Parmesan cheese melted off the chicken and mixed with the other juice to make a nice sauce)
I served it over whole wheat spaghetti with a salad.

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Wow that sounds really good!  I don't do gourmet cooking I just fix whatever is easiest.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I divorced my horse.  We had a serious personality conflict come to a head over the weekend so Glenn is in charge now and Harley is going to the roping pen as soon as it dries up.  After that he's supposed to spend a month with the "south texas tractor God".  We'll see how he shapes up after that.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline twalton

• Extreme Member
  • God Bless our Troops!
Wow that sounds really good!  I don't do gourmet cooking I just fix whatever is easiest.  Thanks for sharing./quote]

Gourmet Cooking.... Pleazzzzze  rofl.  There is nothing gourmet about what I cook, I'm just trying to health it up.  I need to loose the weight and my husband has really high triglyserides (sp).  Why just a couple of months ago, a normal dinner for us was corndogs and curly fries >SHOCKED<.  It is really hard to cook healthy, but I figure if I want to be around long enough to get lower than a 30 second barrel run (for all you speed deamons out there, I'm just learning) then I better start at least trying to cook healthy :)/\\

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Those recipes both sound SOOOOOO good especially the one with the spinach which i LOVE!!

And donk . . . I'm sure he'll come back to your relationship with a fresh mind and missing you immensely.

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
Well, I am going to change my goal. I want to gain 10 pounds before Feb 1. I am well on my way. I only have 9 more to go. I gained a whole pound. Can you believe that? I have not even been trying. What a loser I am. I promise that I will try harder. Proud of all of you that have been working hard and losing your butts.LOL!!!!!! :TIGGER:
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: FRIDAY Weight Loss Check in! If you did ONE thing this week, that's a start!
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2007, 08:09:13 AM »
You don't suck Candy . . . it's just a lil bit of a set back.
You just have to figure out what happened and work on that piece.  Heck at least it was only ONE pound.

yesterday was not a good day for me.
had honey nut cheerios for breakfast with 2% milk.
had a turkey sandwich on wheat, with spicy mustard, jalapenos, lettuce and pickles for lunch. Also had a fresh fruit cup with pineapple, strawberry canteloupe and grapes.
for dinner I had . . . um, hang on I'll remember
OOOOOOH, Jambalaya with spicy sausage. Lotta carbs  <(::)>
then later I had to have another honey bun . . . not sure what it going on there but I need to nip that in the bud.

went to the gym and did 45 minutes for 3.15 miles on the elliptical machine.
did some circuit training 3 sets of 15 on each machine.
And did 5 sets of 10 on the Devil's  <IMSOMAD> Ab Machine.

I'm not sure why, I mean I didn't really do bad . . .
At the end of the day I just didn't feel like I did well though.
So today is another day and I'm gonna get back on track!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
Re: FRIDAY Weight Loss Check in! If you did ONE thing this week, that's a start!
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2007, 10:55:07 PM »
Sounds like you did just fine Punkin  :()&......do not beat yourself up over a danged old honey bun & carb dinner!!!!!  Just keep the portions down & I bet you still do great!!!!  I do have an idea though...do not  <KICK YO BUTT> for asking this, but why not quit buying the honey buns & get something that's a little less fattening/calories for those pesky sweet attacks?!?!?  I get em too so I know that something has to get you passed the sweet attack!!!!  :cheeze:

If I can drop Dr Pepper for lets see.... 45 days thenI know you can drop the honey bun demon!!!!  I mean I was such a regular at Sonic to pick up my large vanilla Dr. Pepper every day....they barely even asked for my order..they knew what I wanted & it is still SO HARD to go to Sonic and NOT get a soda of any kind.....tea or water only please.....YIKES!  >SHOCKED<  I still have my coffe with cream every morning though....will not give that up.

You keep it up....you are on the way to your goal already....and Donk, you are being such a good girl too....carrots at the barrel race Sat and all.....good role model !!! 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:01:54 PM by Shelley Millis »
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
Thanks Shelly . . . you have NO IDEA how much the encouraging words are appreciated. 
I haven't had a honey bun hankering again, but I did break down and eat three of those duplex cookies.  Kinda like an oreo but vanilla on one side . . .
I wish I could banish them from the house, but alas I live with my parents and daddy loves honey buns, duplex cookies, oatmeal pies and raisin cakes . . . I'll just have to suck it up.  Or not, depending on how you look at it.

I didn't check in yesterday and Tuesday is a bit of a blur outside of the cookies.  And to add insult to sugar calories, I didn't work out Tuesday either.  BUM!!

Yesterday was okay.  Had total raisin bran for breakfast, banana snack, 2 baked chicken wings and green beans for lunch, raisins and a bag of pretzels for a snack, a sprite zero  :nahnah: , and for dinner . . . Mamma sabbotaged me with chicken fried steak and stewed potatoes.  (:(((
I rode the horse for a lil bit, but couldn't do much since I had to ride IN the barn aisle.  Just a bunch of flexing, bending, backing and lateral movement.  And I did go to the gym.
45 minutes/4.18 miles on the elliptical trainer.  Pretty good circuit workout, a HECK of an ab workout and another 10 minutes on the treadmill at 2.5 MPH.

Not a stellar day, but at least I took my chunky butt to the gym.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »
 :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()& :()&

We must all applaud you for the gym work Punkin!!!!  It still sounds like you are doing great to me......there is no way we can be on "perfect" diet/exercise regimate 24/7/365 days a year...come on !!!!  Give yourself a pat on the back for all that you have accomplished so far!!!! Who knows...maybe you will end up being that girl.....uh what was her name at the gym....ya know that little 8-pack 90 lb workout addicted chick?!?!?!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: <()> <()> *:))*

Just kidding!!!!! (woohoo)
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
If I EVER become one of those super skinny, super perky, regurgitant inducive, "I just work out because it feels so good" people named Lori* . . .
If you ever hear me utter the words, "YOU CAN DO IT!  JUST 12 MORE REPS!!"

You take me out back . . .
Harness me to the rankest thing in the barn . . .
put a fire cracker in his butt** . . .
and light it . . .

I need the madness dragged outta me!!

Disclaimers:** No horses were harmed during this dream sequence, nor will we actually be doing this.  I do not advocate the dragging of super skinny, super perky, regurgitant inducive, "I just work out because it feels so good" people.  I am sure they are wonderful.  I just wish they would be wonderful AWAY from me.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:02:35 PM by PunkinNMe »