Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Poll

Would anyone be interested in an association where the winning time starts at 17 flat?

HECK YEAH
9 (16.4%)
NO WAY
28 (50.9%)
WOULD CONSIDER
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: New Barrel Association  (Read 13556 times)

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
Re: New Barrel Association
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:19 AM »
Another thing...If people come run this race and place 1D in your race every time and then choose to sell the horse. How would they advertise it? 1D barrel horse at a 17 sec barrel assc.??

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »
That is funny Megan! :ROFL2:

Stefanie Medland

Offline elliemae2u2

« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »
Ok...all you out there that want to see this happen, send me a PM with your email address and location.  So I can get an idea of where everyone is and start thinking about locations.  Also note if you would like to have input and help me come up with some rules.  Maybe all the faster people don't like the idea because it might drop entries and the bigger races, therefore dropping the payouts.  Not sure.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion and won't be "flamed" for it!!!!!  But you guys that are truly interested let me know!

We are not flamming you. You asked for our advice and we are just telling you what we think. It will not drop the number of people at big shows or the payout. I hate to break it to you but It wont. Im not being mean Im just stating a fact. People that are running in the 17s or so are just starting out or their horses are. They are looking to move up therefor they would want to go run with faster horses and go to the big shows so they could season there horse and get them used to the sights

I never said you were!  And I appreciate your feedback, really.  And it's your opinion about the big shows and that's ok.  And I agree with what you are saying about some people wanting to move up.  But what I'm talking about is the horses out there that are running at their potential and never placing at the big shows.  I don't know why people are getting so bent out of shape over another idea for a specific level of horse.  If someone has a horse that has that potential then this wouldn't be the place for them, that's all it is.  I remember back when the "D" format races started up out there...a LOT of people were bent out of shape about that too!  This deal is targeting certain levels of people and certain levels of horses.  If anyone is outside that level they don't have to come to these races.  We are making this harder than it has to be!!!  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »
i would hate to buy a horse that said 1D barrel horse and get it and only run 17s

Offline elliemae2u2

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
GROUP REPLY!

Aunt B - Well Said!

Lilbit - I understand what you are saying.  I think you are misunderstanding the concept I'm working on.  I'm talking about an entirely different level of horse.  Horses that are seasoned or not, horses that just don't have the speed to compete in the regular format.  I know lots of people that have worked hard at bettering their horses and themselves but still can't get anymore speed....that's the one's I'm talking about.  I've been running for a long time and my horse has an awesome pattern, I've done everything I know to to make her better but she can still only go so fast.  If this doesn't appeal to you that's fine, but there's no need to trash it either!

Txbarrles  You are right on!  I hear what you are saying about people showing up and just loping the pattern.  But just like NBHA rules states, you have to attempt to make the fastest run possible.  I feel like if someone is loping the pattern to place it will be obvious and they can be dq'd.

Megan If you are looking at buying a horse that is advertised as a 1D horse, I would certainly hope you are verifying what the seller is telling you.  Most of the races post results on their websites so it wouldn't be hard to check to see what an advertised horse really runs.  If the seller cannot prove what his advertised 1D horse is running..I think I would walk away!

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2007, 11:43:10 AM »
Whatever ever happened to bettering yourself and your horse? If someone wants to go out there and half a$$ ride and place. Then I do not feel that they should win any money! The person that rides, works hard puts blood,sweet and tears should be the one winning money.  If they are doing that they should be able to place in a 4,5, or 6d at even a big show!

That is all i have to say about this. I feel something like this would make a joke out of being a barrel racer.

THIS IS MY THOUGHTS!![/color]

Good luck

Okay  - So Miss 4D saddle winner this year of NBHA - which congratulations by the way - if you don't move up next year out of the 4D or you slacking and not trying to better yourself or are you just riding half @$$ and trying to make a joke out of barrel racing?  Just my thoughts......
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline Megan

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
I wouldn't want to waste my time looking over an add that says 1D horse and comes out to be a 17 barrel horse. I dont barrel 1D barrels horse because I never could afford the money. I train my own and start at the bottom and work my way up

Offline elliemae2u2

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2007, 11:53:26 AM »
I wouldn't want to waste my time looking over an add that says 1D horse and comes out to be a 17 barrel horse. I dont barrel 1D barrels horse because I never could afford the money. I train my own and start at the bottom and work my way up

I totally understand...but we all know there are many "bogus" ads out there and some people really play up what they have and it really isn't.  I've seen several ads for horses that are 1D/2D horses, they even list races they've been at.  You go out and check the results and they are at the bottom of those divisions or not there at all.  Could those horses do better, possibly..but come on, we all know it's crap shoot.  I too, also train my own and strive to work my way up.  But like I said, some horses just flat out cannot run any faster.  I personally don't think these horses are a waste and there should be a place for them.  It's not an attempt to discredit the other level of horses out there, it's marketing towards a certain level of horse, that's all!

Offline elliemae2u2

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2007, 11:56:04 AM »
Aunt B........ :Cheers:  I love a person that knows how to speak her mind!

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »
Aunt B........ :Cheers:  I love a person that knows how to speak her mind!

Thanks!!!

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »
Whatever ever happened to bettering yourself and your horse? If someone wants to go out there and half a$$ ride and place. Then I do not feel that they should win any money! The person that rides, works hard puts blood,sweet and tears should be the one winning money.  If they are doing that they should be able to place in a 4,5, or 6d at even a big show!

That is all i have to say about this. I feel something like this would make a joke out of being a barrel racer.

Good luck

Okay  - So Miss 4D saddle winner this year of NBHA - which congratulations by the way - if you don't move up next year out of the 4D or you slacking and not trying to better yourself or are you just riding half @$$ and trying to make a joke out of barrel racing?  Just my thoughts......

Yea, not bad on a horse that was hurt and having issues all year....And you are very right I hope that I'm not in the 4D!!! I have spent this year more in vets then I have EVER have!! A couple of the shows this year I was on a horse that was pulled out of the pasture.. At one show I can remember the horse would buck turn the barrel and buck! Now she is at my friends fatter then ever!

You like this cause it fits your old butt! We can have a conversation with you while you run.. and you will talk back!  :ROFL2:

Stefanie Medland

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »

Good luck

Yea, not bad on a horse that was hurt and having issues all year....And you are very right I hope that I'm not in the 4D!!! I have spent this year more in vets then I have EVER have!! A couple of the shows this year I was on a horse that was pulled out of the pasture.. At one show I can remember the horse would buck turn the barrel and buck! Now she is at my friends fatter then ever!

You like this cause it fits your old butt! We can have a conversation with you while you run.. and you will talk back!  :ROFL2:

Ya dang skippy - not shamed at all!!! lol  I love talking to people in the stands and waving at people I haven't seen in awhile!!!!  If I go any faster I get out of breath and they want to know what I was saying and heck I am old and can't remember that far back!!!!  When ya tell me to kick and I AM - u need to know it!!!! lol

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »
Atleast I haven't had to wear "wings" when I ride YET...lol  I might for sure if I ever get to ride that horse with the "unsual markings"...lol

Offline lilbit

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »
ya'll keep saying about horses that are not fast...

if a horse can atleast lope a nice pattern can place in a "d"then a horse that is not the fastest can place too.

I have a good friend that has a very nice gelding and even on their nicest run is the 2d at a local and in the 3d at the big shows.  The horse makes nice turns but just does not have the gas to go.

my question is they said in the 6d at the WBR there was 267 in the 6d. How many of them had bad runs? Went all over the pen? There are alot of factors in then that....

At a local barrel I do not feel that you should go past 2.5 seconds off the fastest time...  EVEN if it does start at a 17!

Stefanie Medland

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
Just my opinon i dont like the idea... If I was looking for a barrel race and found out it excluded all the fast horses i would be upset.  It seems like you are discriminating against the girls that can ride the 1d horses or that can train 1d horses.   To me it looks like a way to exclude the competition so how would that be winning?  So you can say "well i outran all the slow horses!!"  Sorry I wouldnt be proud of that....  Also isnt that why there is a 4d format? So the slowest horse can have a chance... If you cant run in the 4d then you arent competitive... work harder. Dont make up an association just so you can win.  And I understand if you just started a new horse/colt but they make green or novice horse classes just for you.   :-\\\\\\\\
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle