8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: How Can I get Ruger to Drink More Water???  (Read 9148 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
How Can I get Ruger to Drink More Water???
« on: December 16, 2007, 10:19:06 AM »
OK, as you guys know, Ruger has an abscess on his face that caused him to loose and eye and now he has a bone infection in his jaw and nose. Guys, he never ran fever, eats like a champ, but, they are saying he might have to be put down soon if it spreads to his brain.  <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2>
OK, there has been a bunch of talk about holistic therapy. I want to know if there is anything out there that might give Ruger a fighting chance!

From my experience, I need to boost his immune system and get him on some anti oxidants. I am going to put him on caned puppy food...lamb and rice for the vitamin E  and the extra vitamins. Anything that you know of, please tell me about it. There has been so much talk about things and I dont have time to search out the post cause I need to order this stuff ASAP!!!! Please help guys!  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 07:18:38 PM by Gabe's Babe »

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
Re: Looking for a Holistic Approach to Heal Ruger.....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »
Rachael you might try contacting the people at THE and see if maybe they can help you.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:13:37 PM »
There was something called Formula..... something.....wanted to try that....But, if anyone knows anything that can preform miricles, I really want to hear about it!  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 02:52:15 PM »
GB I sent you a PM before I read this - essential oils can heal amazingly.  Contact me and we can order some - FM 11 I wouldn't use for this (it would work but not as quickly I would have used it in the very beginning) Now you want something that works quickly and more intensely.  That is where essential oils (EO) work incredibly.  PM me.
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 05:01:05 PM »
OK, as you guys know, Ruger has an abscess on his face that caused him to loose and eye and now he has a bone infection in his jaw and nose. Guys, he never ran fever, eats like a champ, but, they are saying he might have to be put down soon if it spreads to his brain.  <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2> <ICRY2>
OK, there has been a bunch of talk about holistic therapy. I want to know if there is anything out there that might give Ruger a fighting chance!

From my experience, I need to boost his immune system and get him on some anti oxidants. I am going to put him on caned puppy food...lamb and rice for the vitamin E  and the extra vitamins. Anything that you know of, please tell me about it. There has been so much talk about things and I dont have time to search out the post cause I need to order this stuff ASAP!!!! Please help guys!  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

To be honest, I would take him off of all canned or processed foods.   I would find a organic meat processing plant and start buying raw meat for him and put him on flax seed oil, cold pressed with that.    I would do this at the same time as the essential oils.   Also I am going to pm you a phone # to call.   They are friends of mine and they are working on a device that utilizes the frequecy of all cells to normalize themselves.   

Finals left eye was swollen one day and I didnt catch it until that evening so I couldnt go to the vet until the next morning.   So, I took him over to their house and they used that devise on him for an hr and the next morning his eye was normal.  It is the same kind of machine that John Patterson in Waco used on Ben that turned his leg and foot back to a normal stance. 
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:15:21 PM »
Tamet,

I agree totally - I would get him off all processed foods - those can have chemicals that adversely react with the healing process.
  - Evelyn Waugh

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 06:38:09 PM »
GB call Bob at THE.  I had a horse last year that got stung on his cornea by a bee.  We took the stinger out of his eye!  He developed a stomal abscess of course and then it went to a fungal infection. It took over his entire eye.  I thought he was going to be blind to say the least.  Then it went to swelling and weeping on and off. We fought this for almost 7 months.  A & M wanted to take his eye out afraid infection would go to his brain and the whole nine yards.  Well on the way home I was bawling and calling every one I knew for some kind of answers and I remembered a friend of mine Jessica Comptom in Hockley started selling THE products. I went back to A & M got my horse brought him home and started him on Nixtro Oxide and Nutra Wound.  I also laser'd (Respond Laser) all around his eye socket.  I know you have to be careful using lasers in the eye area but at this point I didn't think we had anything else to lose.  I did start him on an old time treatment of ivermec and monastat 7 for eye ointments.  I put one in the morning and the other in at night.  I  gave the THE products twice a day for two weeks then went done to once a day.  It was kinda a pain but in 30 days A & M could not believe it was the same horse.  In 90 days I was back to riding him with less than 10 PERCENT scarring.  A & M said they had never seen anything like it.  It'd be worth a try.  You can get by using the people pills for dogs and not have to buy the huge bucket of the horse stuff.  I have some racing grayhounds that I work on on the Nitro Oxide for humans and their owners swear it helps their dogs on race days.  Anyway good luck to you.
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 11:23:35 PM »

Here is a better explination for what is going on....BTW, it is my dog and his eye has already been removed. I will get to researching what you guys have passed on in the morning!!!  >PEACE<
OK, it is bacterial. It was behind the eye and caused from a stick that punctured his gum just behind the last molar. His eye has been removed and they scooped out as much of the black goo as they could. However, it is regenerating and causing his right nostril to drain. Right now it looks like clear mucous and there is swelling under his eye socket. The drain hole they created in his mouth is still open. So, its still draining. But, they think it has gotten into the jaw bone and in order for it to penetrate the sinus cavity, they say it had to invade the bone structure.
It makes it hard for him to open his mouth. He eats fine, but a little slower. He is not running fever and never has. His eye, before they removed it, would bug out like a pug.....then we would get him on antibiotics and his eye would settle back in....then, with in a week of being off the meds, his eye would bulge again. So, this vet is my third opinion and he decided to remove the eye and clean out the dead tissue. We are waiting on the bacterial sample to come back. He had his surgery about a month and a half ago. He was doing good up until this last week when he finished his meds...... Right now, he is on a sulfa, cipro and an anti fungal. This is the broad spectrum attack. They said that once the sample reveals something, we can narrow it down to one antibiotic. But, the doc said he cant be on meds for the rest of his life and it will soon spread to his brain.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 08:12:06 AM »
I would turn to Candace Hoke at Circle Star Farms....Hempstead, Tx.  Someone mentioned the herbs & essential oils from her above......you would be amazed!!!  Call her NOW!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »
There was something called Formula..... something.....wanted to try that....But, if anyone knows anything that can preform miricles, I really want to hear about it!  <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

What you may be thinking about is Formula 11 and you can get that from Candace Hoke as Shelley's earlier reply said, call her NOW.

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 10:54:50 AM »
Actually Candace is my sponsor.  She and I both sell YL essential oils.  I talk to her weekly about problems and things if I don't know the answer to help someone.  I agree she is AWESOME!  I am glad to have known and be learning from her for 20 years!
  - Evelyn Waugh

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 01:11:44 PM »
OK, I need a phone number or some one to call me....409-594-1325
I need to get ruger on something NOW!!!

Offline Runfast

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 03:34:22 PM »
Since I don't know the whole story, all I can tell you is that I would get more than one opinion and call Vet Schools and see what they say.

I know we helped out Bad Lisa's Dobie Sara when she was in danger from a bad infection of her feet.

Ulcer Stop:  Found in the feed rooms of Mary Burger, Terra Bynum, Terri Kaye Kirkland, Josh Peek and KC Jones
(940)433-2764

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 03:41:43 PM »
GB I sent you a PM with #'s mine and Candace's if you can't wait until I get off work today. 
  - Evelyn Waugh

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 05:27:41 PM »
Ditto on getting Ruger on a good quality food.  We feed a dry food that is delivered to us monthly - you can't buy it off the shelf.  Supposedly made fresh ( why you won't find it on the shelf) and great quality.  Someone told us about it - thought we'd give it a try.  I did wonder if I really was getting what I was paying for and after a few months I think I am.  We have a fox terrier whose right eye has always been red and raw on his lid.  Many, many trips to the vet could find no cause or cure.  After a few months on this new food his eye is almost completely healed.  I guess he had allergies to the other commercial foods and we had previously put him on a couple of different foods (even prescription from the vet) to see if he would improve and he did not.  George's condition was nothing serious like Ruger's but if you can help his body fight the infection you might just be able to give him a chance.
You can also find some good recipes for homemade organic dog food on the web.  We have a new tiny puppy that we feed homemade food but our other dogs are too big and we have too many - I don't want too cook that much for my kids- so they get the dry food.
Good luck with Ruger- I'm sure he is a big part of your family just like our pets are.