8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: How Can I get Ruger to Drink More Water???  (Read 9149 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Looking for a Holistic Approach to Heal Ruger.....
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »
Well, i went and picked up Ruger today. He was sooooo happy!!! I also picked up some puppy proplan lamb and rice. I wetted it down and made it all soft. i added an egg to it too. The vet said that he is not keeping things down, but, he kept that down!!!
Thank you for all the help guys!! Still taking suggestions. I am gonna call peeps in the morning cause i am SICK right now. My tummy has taken a turn for the worse and my head is pounding.  :nahnah: Ruger got a nice warm bath and is at my feet right now.  :Cloud 9:

Offline Jennifer

• Veteran Member
  • WOOO HOOOO!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Call silver lining herbs...http://silverliningherbs.com/, Mickey will be able to help you and Ruger out!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
Update~ Ruger will start on the NingXia and the Theive Oil along with the idaho baslm fir oil very soon. This should help his imune system boost up, fight the infection and help his bones to heal. I have also put him on some really good puppy food that i wet down with hot water and let it sit for a couple of minutes. I add one egg to it as well. The Doc called and said that the infection is both bacterial and fungal. So, he is on a sulfa drug and an anti fungal. Please keep him in your prayers. He seems to be doing better. His coat is starting to shine and he seems to be happy. He has nasal discharge and  still some swelling. He is very happy that I am staying in bed a lot cause then he gets to snuggle with me. Thanks for all the help. I plan to put him on chicken and rice as soon as i can drive again and make it over to Walmart to get the stuff. I will boil some chicken breast and rice for his gourmet meals. It is actually gonna be cheaper than expensive dog foods. I think I will keep up with the egg a day cause that really helps with the imune system.

When he came home, his hair was falling out in clumps and he was dirty and poor. I can tell a difference now. They also said he was not keeping food or drugs down. We have no problems with that now. With the food being in soup form, he eats slower and seems to feel better overall. 

Offline Donk

• Fossil
Re: Looking for a Holistic Approach to Heal Ruger.....Thanks
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 08:29:55 AM »
I'm still praying for you and Ruger  (((((((HUGS))))))))
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »
Ruger wanted to say hi!!!  :see-ya:

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 10:14:16 PM »
When Poe was poor due to a failing liver I boiled bags of chicken quarters. Boy that was the only thing I could get in that dog.... LOL I'd shred the meat off the bones and put the bones back on the stove to boil down more. They eventually get to a point you can mash them with a fork, so I'd mash the bones up with the stock, add the chicken meat back to the pot and have this super chicken stew that he'd slurp down. I'd add a can of green beans and red cell for dogs.

I remember when I was sick as a kid my dad would feed me 7 Up, crackers and jello. You couldn't force me to eat them now, but that dog still thinks chicken cooked in any form rocks his world.

I'm glad you've got Ruger home to dote on again. I pulled Poe through liver failure 5-6 years ago on that chicken diet... and I'm bound and determined I'll pull Lestat through this cancer on the Young Living Products and the back to the basics diet I've got him on now.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »
mchoss - YL essential oils and other products are great and if anything can get your dog through they should.  I have a dog that A&M xrayed said torn ACL on both back legs and was having trouble walking - said surgery or put her down.  I went home cried and started researching what to do to help her holistically.  Found lemongrass oil and started using it.  Now she runs around like she is a pup again - gets sore occassionally when she overdoes it and i just go back to the Lemongrass.  I was AMAZED!  Thats when I really got hooked on essential oils! 
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 10:24:41 PM »
Well, that is the next thing to watch for...liver failure.....But, he is eating really good now and I dont think we are worried about that just yet. The anti fungals are what would cause the liver failure. Doc told me to watch for him to miss a meal....He starts drooling when he sees his bowl, so I think we are still in the clear....

I rush ordered my stuff from Young living, did the 2-5 days and they say it will be here on the 24th...that would be the 5 days  :-\\\\\\\\ I cant wait to get it!!! Ruger has been kinda gloomy today. I flushed his nose last night with saline and he could breath better....Gonna keep that up too. Its in his sinus for sure. Keep the prayers coming though guys, we are not seeing progress yet..... >angel<

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
Well, we have been doing OK until this morning. Ruger does not want to eat. That is not like him at all. i guess its time for chicken and rice. The vet said that renal failure is common in dogs like Ruger and that the anti fungal meds will cause him to get there quick. So, back to square one. My holistic approach is in the mail.....should be here in the morning.  <ICRY2> <CRYING> :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: >SNIFF BYE<

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: Ruger Stopped Eating This Morning.....Sigh....
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007, 10:26:28 AM »
GB--Sorry to hear about Ruger!  Sending prayers your way!   (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
I am afraid to say that I think he is starting to be in pain.....Those herbs and oils better get here quick  <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING> <CRYING>

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 10:35:03 AM »
GB I am so sorry to hear this.   You should definitely get the chicken, broth and rice started today.   
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) for Ruger.
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 10:48:51 AM »
Rach-what breed is Ruger??  Is the dog all healer? part?  Curious because I have a carbon copy of your dog here, but lap size.  Hope Ruger feels better today, I know how you must worry.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Dailyjld

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 10:51:16 AM »
 >angel<Prayer for RUGER <(' ')>