8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: How Can I get Ruger to Drink More Water???  (Read 9147 times)

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Ruger Stopped Eating This Morning.....Sigh....
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »
If Ruger actually is in renal failure, you are better off feeding him the rice with the broth on it. The vets told me that protein is the last thing you want them to eat much of because it is really hard on the kidneys. You are better feeding a lot of carbs and trying to keep their potassium level up.

Good Luck. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Ruger Stopped Eating This Morning.....Sigh....
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 04:22:38 PM »
Ruger is a Happy Dog!!! He got to go outside and Check the fence lines with Gabe and I!!! He got to roam free!!! He was so happy!! He ate some hoof cookies and some horse muffins.....against momma's wishes... >MEAN< But, at least he got to go out and run around!!!!  :()& :()& :()& :()& <(' ')>I am cooling his chicken and rice right now! The chicken is falling off the bone!!! YAY!!!  >angel< I can cook!

Here are some pictures of the happy dog!!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Thanks melaself. Ruger is doing much better now and keeping his rice and chicken down. I just put a few bites of the chicken in there. His stool and puke was Blood free. He just seemed to have an upset tummy this morning. I am gonna keep a close eye on his stool and such. He is drinking a lot of water, but, not in excess...yet. Jeff is bringing home the pedialite. i thought i had some, but, i guess I drank it all the last time I had an upset tummy....

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Yea for Ruger.  By looking at the pictures you would never know he were sick.  Glad he got to roam around and be happy. :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
That is exactly what I mean by its not his time. He is so happy and loves to go outside and run around. He is still himself except that he wont eat his "dog food" and kinda mopes around the house.....Right now he is sleeping. That is the other thing, he has been sleeping a lot!!!!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Well, we had fun today, but, Ruger has been down ever since. Right now he is in our Bed wheezing and does not want to look at me......That means he is sick BTW. He has always been good at telling me how he feels. He is wheezing and breathing fast. He has been sleeping since he ate right after I brought him in. We did not run at all...Just walked around the pasture. He was having so much fun and hardly wanted to come in, but, once he did, he wanted to eat and sleep.... I am really worried right now. I sure hope that FEDEX gets here early!!!  >SNIFF BYE< :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried: :I am Worried:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Glad he was able to go on a walk.  Just keep him happy..........Hopefully you will get it all figured out................

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
I just hope his stuff gets here in the morning.  >SNIFF<

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Me too because if it doesn't YOU ARE GOING TO BE ON THE SAME MISSION THAT I AM...................................................LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY AND EVERYBODY WHO GETS IN THE WAY........................................ :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Your not joking! If I loose my Dog cause FedEx f**ked up, There will be H@!! to pay!!!!!!! <IMSOMAD>

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Is it guaranteed by noon or not??????????????   I hope you don't have any trouble because that would be bad..............................

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
By 4:30....I paid extra for the 2-5 day shipping and they are taking 5 days.....And, FedEx always has a heck of a time finding my house.... :! :! :! :! :! They deliver here all the time too!!! <IMSOMAD>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
Well, I think its time to blow out the fart candles, wash my face and go love on my puppy. He is hogging the bed right now, but, I dont care. I just want to be next to him..... >SNIFF< >SNIFF BYE<

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Take good care of Ruger and maybe his feel good stuff will arrive soon.........................

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
Rachel just hang in there and we will continue to pray for you and Ruger.  Keep your chin up things will get better!!!!!!!! (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess