8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Tell us what you've gotten for Christmas post  (Read 8900 times)

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
Re: Tell us what you've gotten for Christmas post
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »
I didnt get much this year.  Hubby is deployed to Iraq, he said we will do Christmas in March when he is home on midtour leave, although he did let me buy my mare back that I sold last year.  So I guess I got a big Christmas present.

Heck ya that's a big x-mas present!  :yes:  Nice looking mare.
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2007, 09:56:45 AM »
thanks!! im still on :Cloud 9:
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2007, 10:00:46 AM »
So, was the engagement ring a complete surprise or did you know?  When's the wedding?
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2007, 10:07:47 AM »
Congrats Woody's Mama!  An engagement ring - well he did good didn't he??  I got a homeade feed box (I'd been asking for), $$ and books - and lots of candy (gee thanks Santa!)  Guess Its a good thing I'll be working out after the New Year!!
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
 :TIGGER:  I wanna see pics of the ring!!! CONGRATS, I'm so happy for you guys!  :look:

My daughter bought me a new pair of shipping boots, the kind that go over the hocks n all.  My son wrapped me up one of his toy horses.  Daughter's boyfriend bought me 100# feed and my Dad gave me $50. Oh, and my secret santa sent me a cool box of goodies that I love!!! Thanks gba!  That's everything so now my Annie will have new ship.boots, feed and with the $50 gonna get some new shoes put on!   :! maybe my ex will send child support this month!!!!!!!  that would be best present of all!!! LOL  roflmao roflmao
The best things in life can not be bought, sold or stolen.  They are the memories in your mind and the love in your heart.  Always believe in yourself!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2007, 10:38:49 AM »
Congrats Woody's Momma!

I got new tires for my truck from my dad, some sweaters and new jeans, lots of bath stuff, some of those B&BW's wallflowers, socks, cash, gift cards to wally world, and a book.  I guess when Walt gets back from Colorado we will do our gift exchange.  GIFT GIFT GIFT
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2007, 10:40:18 AM »
did you cry when you opened up the toy?? the other stuff sounds great...I would much rather get stuff you can use instead of something you would hang in the closet forever or give to goodwill...

back to the ring....thanks guys and I am really proud of him. I was kind of expecting it b/c we went and looked at rings a while back and I told him I wanted to be married b4 I graduated (may 08) So the wedding will be between now and may....but I am thinking april 1(my grandfather passed away 1/6/07 and april 1 is his bday) we have to find a house first and he doesnt want to live in Texas,but I dont want to live too far INTO LA b/c of my work. so we still have a lot of bugs to work out...but they are good bugs :ROFL2:
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
Yeah, I cried when I opened the toy and there was a really sad little note in the box too. Baiey is 11 and has severe ADHD and is a challenge daily to raise. He realizes when it's too late and knows he has been putting me thru the mill lately. So it was very heart touching for him to take the time and let me know he does love me for all I do for him.

So where you looking at moving in LA?
The best things in life can not be bought, sold or stolen.  They are the memories in your mind and the love in your heart.  Always believe in yourself!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
Hubby got me a Garmin nuvi 200 navigation system for my truck...pretty cool!!!!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »
Hubby got me a Garmin nuvi 200 navigation system for my truck...pretty cool!!!!
We have one in the truck, love it!
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 11:22:53 AM »
Cool.....it must really come in handy when out of town especially  :look:
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »
Yes, it's really handy.  Besides finding addresses, you can locate places to eat and other neat things.  We still find new things that it does.  It can get you in trouble in the truck at times as far as addresses, sometimes it's wrong.  It's okay if your in a car b/c you can easily turn around, but we have to be careful in the truck.

ETA....the mileage estimator is right on most of the time to.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:30:45 AM by Christi »
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »
He is from reeves,la but I was trying to split the difference between my family and his,so I was thinking starks or Vinton,La...b/c I work in Orange and he works in Sulphur

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »
I go to Vinton a lot during the quarter horse race meet it's an o.k. town I guess.  There was a really nice tract of land for sale right before you get to the race track on the right last time I was over there.  You might want to check it out.   :((((  Send us some pictures of your ring!!!  :cheeze:

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2007, 11:59:28 AM »
I am waiting on my battery to charge....I took a lot of pics of Josh riding his new saddle yesterday ;)