8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Our Family had some great Christmas Blessings!  (Read 3570 times)

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
Our Family had some great Christmas Blessings!
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »
Well....I hope all of you had some great Christmas get togethers with your friends & familes!  Sounds like you did from some of the posts....

As for our family, we had a HUGE sigh of relief after our roller coaster ride since Friday 12/21.....my Dad and some of his buddies were out duck hunting in a marsh near the diversionary canal in Galveston Co., he has a real nice air boat that he & and one of his friends were on coming back through the same area they had gone through early that morning before sunrise.  Well, the tide had rolled out a little bit more than Dad thought it had (btw, Dad is a very experienced hand with a boat & knows most of the Gulf Coast waterways better than a Coast Guard!)  Long story short, his air boat ran into a sand bar that was hidden by just enough water.  They were going 30 mph & came to an abrupt STOP....Dad and his buddy were thrown from the boat & knocked unconcious and were floating in the water when THANK THE LORD the other guys that had gone out with them came up in the other air boat & realized that they had had a wreck & pulled them up out of the water as much as they could anyway (it is not an area with a real shorline....kind of marshy & shallow.  The guy ( a guardian angel in my book) who found my Dad's phone (his name is Daryl) called 911 & they were dispatching a Coast Guard Helicopter out to pick up Dad & his friend to take them to UTMB in Galveston.  This guy calls me from my Dad's cell phone after calling for help of course....I was FREAKIN out about now.....I did not know any detail othetr than my Dad was out in the cold water, injured, and waiting for a helicopter ride to the ER.......I was very upset & got ahold of the rest of the family to meet me in Galveston at UTMB ER.  Me & my Daughter got there about ten minutes before my Dad did & saw him  being unloaded off of the helicopter  ( I was scared to say the least but my 4 year old daughter kept patting me on the back and telling me it was alright Mommy.....these kiddos are so dang smart!!!)  Well...after a few hours of not knowing, Dad ended up having a fractured sternum, hematoma behind his sternum, suspected a slightly bruised heart, so he stayed overnight for heart monitoring.  Thank you to all of our friends & family that sent up the healing prayers!!!!  He is home & we stayed with him for the last few days & Dad is doing great considering...he is just very sore, and bruised up.  We found out Sunday morning that Dad's accident had even been on the KTRH channel 13  news a few times....he was not real thrilled about that though!!!  Dad's buddy was not quite as lucky as Dad in that he is still in the hospital today, so, we will still be sending up healing thoughts & prayers for him...as for the guys in the other airboat...they are my heroes!!!!  We still had a wonderful Family dinner on Christmas Eve & again on Christmas Day!!!  Thanks so much to all of you that called and kept checking on everyone.....now I will get my hind end to the doctor today to try to shake the crud that is keeping me sickly!!!!  >THUD<
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
Re: Our Family had some great Christmas Blessings!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:23:30 AM »
I hope they both make a full recovery!  Many prayers and hugs to both you and your family.   (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:25:43 AM »
WOW, Shelley what a scary thing to happen for your family!  I am glad to hear things turned out all right.   Be grateful.
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 10:36:41 AM »
Shelley,  I'm  a news freak...............I saw it...............Wow,................they are very lucky.................I hope they have a full recovery and glad you had a great Christmas......... (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 10:45:11 AM »
the lord works in mysterious ways ;)

prayers to your fmamily and friends!!god bless you all!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 10:47:40 AM »
Shelley,  I'm  a news freak...............I saw it...............Wow,................they are very lucky.................I hope they have a full recovery and glad you had a great Christmas......... (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Yep..Dad was not real excited about being in the news....
Betsy, I hope that your Dad is still doing well & healing as well! 
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Doody1

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 11:03:16 AM »
 (((((((HUGS))))))))  Wow, what a blessing they are going to be o.k.!!!  Many prayers for full speedy recovery!
The best things in life can not be bought, sold or stolen.  They are the memories in your mind and the love in your heart.  Always believe in yourself!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 06:52:49 PM »
Glad Jim is doing much better!! Those men I have known for years and they are very, very noligable about the gulf coast water!! Shelley called me as I was fixing to leave for Florida and I was ready to turn south!!!   trailer and all for Galveston!!!!  I know she was at the least terrified!! She was a "little" freaked out about life flight but like I told her "they can't call a ambulance out in the water"  And of course being the good mommy she was worried about Lindsey... sounds like Lindsey was taking care of MOM!!!  Healing prayers he continues to heal and hope Steve is doing better   (((((((HUGS))))))))
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 07:04:25 PM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) Glad to hear he is OK!!! Keep us Posted!!!  (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline Buck-Wild

• *~Julius Caesar~* you are my life
  • Mega Member
  • eye luv my horsie !
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 08:25:12 PM »
glad hes ok! :TIGGER: (((((((HUGS))))))))
where ever this barrel racer may roam, I'm always a right and two lefts from home.
COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAYS

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »
Talk about appreciating being able to get together with family for the holidays!  So glad everyone is recovering.  Take care of yourself and hope you over the "crud" before Conroe!

Offline Buck-Wild

• *~Julius Caesar~* you are my life
  • Mega Member
  • eye luv my horsie !
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 08:40:03 PM »
 :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
where ever this barrel racer may roam, I'm always a right and two lefts from home.
COURAGE IS BEING SCARED TO DEATH BUT SADDLING UP ANYWAYS

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 09:27:30 PM »
Went to Dr today and got 5, yes 5 prescriptions to get rid of the crud.....made me feel good enough to get out and exercise my ponies & clean the barn up too......it was in bad shape with all of the holiday/accident activities....we are back on track now though...hopefully anyways  :yes:

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 08:26:24 AM »
Shelley, glad your dad is doing better and hopefully with all your meds you will get over the crude you have.  Way to go Lindsey for taking such good care of mommy.

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 08:32:08 AM »
Good heavens Shelley!  I'm so glad to hear everyone is alright!!  Sending up more prayers that you will recover quickly.  Mommy's don't get much downtime to recover from the crud.  Sweet Lindsey, I can just see her patting you and telling you everything was OK.