8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles  (Read 16982 times)

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:02:52 AM »
Here is some of the info folks are asking about:

1) Entries are open NOW, you can enter by printing out entries off of www.sarodeo.com and mailing them in, must be postmarked by Jan.10th, 2008!

2) You can enter online at the same website, after Jan. 10th, 2008 NO MAILED ENTRIES..online entries or late entries at show ONLY.  You can enter online through January 20th with NO LATE FEE.  Last day for online entries is Jan. 25th, 2008 with a $10 late fee.

3) After that you can enter at the show with a $25 late fee & with cash only.  Entries for the Open 5D will stay open until the last 50 runners.  The Senior, Youth, Poles classes must be entered before the first horse runs.

4) This is part of the San Antonio Livestock Show & is a new part of the horse show activies.  It is not a requirement to be an NBHA member, all added money will be paid out members & non members alike.  The prizes/awards will be given to placing NBHA members.  You can purchase NBHA memberships at the show or anytime at the NBHA website.

5) The ground conditions will be at their best!!!  Mike Berberich will be on a fast trip to SA next week to make sure that all equipment, procedures, and preparations are ready for us!!!!

6) Being part of a big livestock show, health certificates, coggins, mandatory stall purchase, etc. do apply to everyone.  Please see the premium book for the show for any questions concerning this!

7)  There is a total amount of $17,000 Added Money!!!!  $6,000 added to Open 5D each day, $1,000 to the Senior 4D each day, $1,000 Added to the Youth 4D each day, and $500 Added to the Poles each day!

8) This barrel race is open to any breed of horse, rider does not have to be owner of horse entered.

9) Entries may start arriving at 12 noon on Wed., January 30th, 2008. Open arena from 1-2:30pm. Exhibitions start at 3pm, $5 each and will be sold at the show only, first come first serve.

10) First Open 5D Run will be at 9am, Thursday, January 31st, 2008. The other classes will follow but not until AFTER 5pm!  You can carry your time over from Open for Senior or Youth.  We will sell more exhibitions as time allows.

11) The second run will be on Friday, Feb. 1st, 2008 @ 9 am.  We will follow the same schedule Thursday & Friday.

12)  All horses must be moved out of stalls by 10am Saturday.

Hope that helps!!!!!  :TIGGER:  We are getting excited...it is gonna be fun!  You can run in San Antonio at some awesome added money and still make the other great shows for the weekend!!!  :look:   
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »
 <NOT WORTHY> Thank you for explaining about the entries!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:48:27 AM »
thanks for the good info!! hope to see ya there!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
Woo hoo, ready to go  :TIGGER:

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:39:49 AM »
Another Road Trip? >THUD< At least I Have A Couple Of Weeks To Re-Charge!!!!  Oh and Shelley?? Promise me this one won't take 29 hours to GET there.... :yawn:
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
JJ, if this one takes 29 hours, we better get a movin now,  (:0)))

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 09:00:20 AM »
NO!! NO!! I dont wanna go then!!!  My poor booty has just gotten back round!!!  It was flat just like my truck seat!!!!!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »
want me to find you a fluffy air donut for the booty   :ROFL2:

Offline Jennifer

• Veteran Member
  • WOOO HOOOO!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 09:10:38 AM »
Dress code....right?

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
want me to find you a fluffy air donut for the booty   :ROFL2:

awwwwww Donna does love me LUV <LUV>

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 09:26:17 AM »
 <LUV>  after reading your posts on your truck, thought the least I could do would be get the donut for you hoping to calm you down. 

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »
<LUV>  after reading your posts on your truck, thought the least I could do would be get the donut for you hoping to calm you down. 

Are they the white powdered donuts and do you have chocolate milk to go with them?? You know THAT is the breakfast of CHAMPIONS!!

OR.... better yet if this batt thing doesnt fix my truck bring Alcohol... and lots of it!!!

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 09:33:51 AM »
YOU GOT IT   <ROCKON>

Offline SmokinPerks

• Novice Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »
Does anyone know if you can trailer in and out or do you HAVE to keep your horse on the grounds? I heard that you can't stay in your trailer, nor can you even tack up at your trailer. Does anyone know if this is true?

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 10:04:30 AM »
You can call Shelley or S.A.L.E for all the small details but I think you can haul in and out but you MUST have  a stall.. (otherwise where would you put your horse?)  I'm sure the nice gentleman will help you unload your tack/buckets/bridles/ whatever you will need.. at Houston we always put our stuff in the stall with our horse or get several girls and go in on a tack stall..  and no you can not stay in your trailer on the grounds..