8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles  (Read 16957 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: 2008 San Antonio Livestock Show $17,000 Added Barrels & Poles
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 10:19:28 AM »
HANG ON--U CANT STAY IN YOUR TRAILER ON THE GROUNDS????????  THAT MEANS A MOTEL ROOM????????
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »
Come on Deb....you know you got a place to crash!!!! Kayla said she would even feed your ponies!!!!  :cheeze:
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2008, 07:58:54 PM »
Will it be warmer in San Antonio??
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2008, 08:11:57 PM »
I dont' know if it will be warmer in San Ant., but I am having a bit trouble getting all this together,....all of the different expenses and the fact we can't stay in our trailers.  I am not sure I am up for all of this, but it sounds soooo good. Why does it have to costs so much extra?????  Don't go jumpin' my fanny...............I like to weigh the costs and expenses to the profitable end of where I go.  I like to go as well as anyone but the extras are adding up.
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 08:20:51 PM »
Now thames... you know how stock shows are..  loaded with fun.... carnivals, funnel cakes, cotton candy, snotty nosed kid in strollers, people who "try" to dress western (always good for a laugh) and usually some cute cowboy butts to admire.... where else could you have that much fun for those fee's...... No you can't stay in your trailer on the grounds.. I am sure safety concerns with the dangers of generators... and if you don't get a stall were would your pony be?  There aint no place to tie while you watch or go eat (see above) oh and don't forget the $17,000 added along with prizes.... AND ...... meskin food along with MARGARITAS....  I will be making my entries this week me and the 'grasshopper' are going.......
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »
Oh crap go ahead and make me feel like a tight ash.  IF I go I need a hauling partner to share the goofy "vehicle" pass, and a roomie to share a dang room.......but no snorers.......I got one of those already!!!!!!!!  I'll happily pay the stall !

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
hey thames you may be onto something..... start a post on truck/trailer pooling.... with the cost of fuel it wouldn't hurt for folks to truck pool...... you know they will have to give that money to someone... maybe my luck will change in 08!! me and the grasshopper are usually too fast ...... (right)...... seems like its my name and then they pay.......

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 08:48:03 PM »
Ok...........truck and trailer pools unite!!!
State your name, origin and destination.  Please advise if you have dogs (some people are allergic), children (some people can't tolerate them), if your horse kicks the trailer (some people would rather choke than haul a kicker), and if you have Body Odor or are on drugs.
I can take the drugs better than the BO.   :ROFL2:

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 09:19:14 PM »
Hmm Anywhere around there to keep horses? I figure there will be alot of security and such.. but I KNOW my dad isn't going to leave the horses.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
That's actually a pretty good idea.  Especially for the big races that are farther off.  I guess we need to make a "compatibility chart" to fill out.  Kinda like an application.  :cheeze:  I've gone on trips with people before that we didn't quite jive together and it sure does make for a long weekend.  On the way home I thought seriously about riding in the trailer with the horses!!  It would have been a more peaceful ride home that way!!!!!  

Also important to know if your hauling partner has any "gas problems", road rage, or OCD issues.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 09:54:59 PM »
Count me in!!
1. Please be on time to pick me up.
2. I will have a 'check' ready to cover my part of the fuel.
3. I only require a truck, motel room, LQ that blows snow. (please bring your own parka)
4. I do not smoke.  So please quit that addiction prior to planning trip.
5. I do not like children. Make sure daddy has custody of them that weekend.
6. I can be ready with little notice.  (at least 1 week)
7. Most of my horses do not kick much in the trailer. That's why I got new trailer.. door finally fell off old one.
8. I do not snore. At least not enough to wake me up.
9. Make sure to bring extra buckets.  In case I 'forget' mine
10.I promise to bath at least a day or so before departure day. If its cold deodorants wont be necessary.

Please PM me I know my emails will be swamped with reponses.. Thanks

Offline rodeomom1

• Novice Member
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »
a few more questions- nitpicky as they are!!! :TIGGER: :TIGGER: :TIGGER:
on the Youth
1. Will the scholarships be awarded on a 2 day average?

2. If so, will the races be run like a typical 2 day average with the first day one order, from #1 down , then the second day from the end to #1?

3. If it is run like an average race should be with the reverse order... are the carryover times from the open going to count in the youth for scholarships?

4. Looked and couldnt find so i will ask- if a mom is riding a horse in the open and then the child is riding the horse in the youth...how do you enter so that you don't have to buy 2 stalls for one horse?

5. In the premium book it said something about if people who had won it before are in the top 5 then no one gets the scholarship.after the 5ht hole.. how does that work? like if fictitious winner S.Jones wins #1 and #3 and L Smith wins #2 and #4 and these 2 have won before- does that leave only one scholarship???

I am sure it will be a great race with Shellie runnin it and I know the answers to these questions are not up to her... it has to come from SA Rodeo. But i am hopin she knows or can find out! or maybe someone else knows. thanks for any info.
I just wanted to ask so we would all know goin in...
Happy New Year everyone.

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 09:56:52 AM »
As far as stalls go, if you enter online, when it comes to the page listing the stall charge, just skip it on one of the rider names...they will say that the horse name is the same.  You DO NOT have to pay for two stalls.  It is one stall per horse no matter how many people run it.

As for the youth class scholarships, they will be awarded on a two day average, that I do know for the youth.  To make sure that you get the most accurate info on the scholarship please call Sara Motal at 210-225-1309.  If the Youth carries the Open time over to the Youth then yes the time counts just like they ran in the Youth.  I hope that coveresit...if not..ask away!!!  Or call Sara or myself anytime! 
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
Okay everyone, Shelley and Lindsey Lou along with Mikey Berb headed to San Antonio this morning to meet with the S.A.L.E. folks there and look over the ground conditions and determine what will be needed to make sure the ground is in TOP NOTCH shape for this barrel race.  Mail In entries need to be postmarked by January 10 and Online entries by January 20 without a late fee and by January 25 with a $10.00 late fee per horse, entries at the show will incur a $25.00 late fee per horse.

Enter up and good luck to all!!!!!!    :TIGGER:

Offline luckyr

• Elite Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 02:10:01 PM »
I am entered up and ready to go  :TIGGER: